For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
jdkwall's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, August 8th, 2015 4:09 PM

Pay down a portion of the amount due on the device

Why are there not more options to pay for the device?

I have asked several agents - on the phone and in the stores - and all I keep getting is "you can payoff the device for $XXX.."  

NO!!!! 

The deal I made with my daughter is that she would pay half of the price of the phone ($300).

I have been trying for months to pay $300 to ATT for a portion of the balance of the phone. 

They won't take my money. 

Today, I'm again told by 2 agents that I can PAYOFF the device for $406.

I only want to pay $300!!!

Then I'm told "oh well you could pay $243 which is the 'pay to upgrade' price. But you still have to pay the full monthly amount of 27.50 for the phone. The monthly amount can't be prorated/reduced. It will just pay off sooner."

UGH!!!

ATT you need to have a more flexible system to allow people to pay whatever amount they want toward the device and then recalculate the remaining monthly portion.  

Fix your system and your policy to be more customer friendly and flexible. 

As the price of the devices is only going to continue to increase in the future as they add more bells & whistles, and you will continue to NOT reduce the price of the phone in favor of your exorbitant rate plans; WE NEED FLEXIBILTY in paying down the phone & reducing the monthly bill.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

Unfortunately, with NEXT, your only option is to pay the monthly payment or pay it off. They will not allow you to pay extra to "pay it down"{.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

ATT did add a Next option to pay a large deposit, and then reduced monthly payments over a shorter time period.  

While Next with down payment requires a 30% down payment, there is no restriction on a maximum down payment. 

Options:
AT&T Next 24: Divided into 30 installments; trade in and upgrade after 24 installments.

AT&T Next 18: Divided into 24 installments; trade in and upgrade after 18 installments.

AT&T Next 12: Divided into 20 installments; trade in and upgrade after 12 installments.

AT&T Next with down payment: 30% of device cost down, divided into 28 installments; trade in and upgrade after 12 installments.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

With AT&T NEXT, you're getting *FREE* financing for 18, 24, or 30 months.  If you want to be able to make additional payments or other fancy features, then buy the phone using your cerdit card, and pay it down however you like.  Oh yeah, you will probably have to pay them for those features (interst charges, etc.).  You're getting free financing, don't expect them to spend lots of money to add features to the payment system unless you are willing to pay them for the financing too (in order to pay for those features).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.