For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
rcargill's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, September 18th, 2016 4:34 PM

Paperless billing snafu

This is just a rant. I'm not looking for an answer. I'm done with paperless billing. My email address has consistently been the same for 11 years. I've received hundreds of emails from AT&T. But for some reason, AT&T is unable to notify me by email that my bill is ready.  I've twice given paperless billing a try. The first time, I would not receive email notices that my bill was ready. I'd receive an automated text that my email address on file didn't work and to maker sure it was correct. Of course it was correct. I'd go online and pay the bill, then would actually receive an email confirmation. Next month, same thing. Then, after a useless hour on the phone with customer service, I simply resigned. About a week to 10 days ago, when paying my bill online, I decided to give paperless billing another try. I received an email confirming my payment. Then today I received a text that my bill was ready -- even though I had paid the most recent bill only 7-10 days previously -- and that my email address on file didn't work. In other words, same cycle of confusion started again. Goodbye, paperless billing.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

Since ATT bills the majority of customers paperless without a problem, I suspect ATT is correct, and your email is not entered correctly in the ATT system.

I also am signed up for text alerts for when my bill is ready, and auto pay with my credit card.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

lizdance40, I'm sorry but you are incorrect. (A) I have double and triple-checked my email, and it is correctly entered. (B) If you had carefully read my post, you would have seen that after I go online and pay my bill, I then receive an email from AT&T -- sent to the very email address that is supposedly not entered correctly -- notifying me that the payment has been received. 

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @rcargill,

Your email could still be entered wrong in a different location.

I believe billing alert emails are sent to the billing address email, while payment confirmations are sent to the profile email address.

I would recommend checking your billing address email address as well as your AT&T Access ID profile email address.

To check your billing address email, login to myAT&T and then:

1) Hover over Profile in the white bar underneath the black bar

2) Click on Change Billing or Email Address

3) Ensure that address is correct

To check your profile email address, while logged into myAT&T:

1) At the top of the page, hover over My Linked Accounts

2) Click on My Profile

3) Look for Contact Email and ensure it's correct

If they're both correct, I would reach out to @ATTMobilityCare (click the username to open a pre-addressed private message) to see if they have any insight as to what's going on. Provide them your account info, contact info, and what's going on. They do a great job of resolving weird issues that occur.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Justin, thanks for your reply.  I checked, and both the billing and profile email addresses are correct.  As for contacting customer care, I've done that and spent way too much frustrating time with them with no results. Maybe I'll give it another try at some point, but right now I was only interested in venting.

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

@rcargill,

Fair enough. Definitely in the future if you do want to try it, I recommend contacting the forum team here. They're great at resolving issues customer care falls short on.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.