For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
pgturrell's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, August 2nd, 2014 5:27 PM

PLEASE HELP me with my outrageous billing issue

Someone that can actually fix my billing issue without passing the buck needs to contact me. 2 months of bills showing I owe $3,200 is not good! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T,

I went to Europe June 1-16 and set up all of the appropriate overseas plans (as I always do) to cover my usage whilst there. Next bill arrives from AT&T for in excess of $2,000 (normal monthly charge is approximately $350). Astounded I called customer service and spoke with someone that acknowledged the original person had set my account up incorrectly for this travel period. I was promised it would get escalated and fixed. 2 weeks later nothing. I get calls/emails saying I need to make the payment. I called back in and another AT&T Customer Service Rep said they needed to put me on a "promise to pay" plan and push my bill payment out until Aug5th by which time the bill will be reviewed and adjusted. I get my newest bill and guess what, it’s for an additional $1200 on top of the original $2,000 – bringing me to a new total of $3,200 for two months!!!! Shocked I call in and tried to escalate to a floor manager (Brooke). She sent me to collections to remove the promise (which apparently shouldn't have happened). Julie in collections couldn't do anything for me. So far, 5 calls, 3 hour and the countdown is on to Aug 5th where the promise to pay hits and undoubtedly you guys send me to collections. I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG. I have always paid my bills and your company’s gross negligence is going to impact my credit. Is there a single person at ATT that can fix this shambles of a situation. This hot potato gets passed from one incompetent person to another with no resolution. I do not owe you guys $3,200, everyone I've spoken to acknowledges this by no one can do anything about it.

Respectfully,

Paul

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.