Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS / SERVICES SUSPENDED

Tutor

PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS / SERVICES SUSPENDED

Post billed account is suspended and I need to set payment up for 10-27-17 to pay bill,but I was hoping I could get my service reinstated since that’s only 4 days away. 

Message 1 of 15
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎10-23-2017 4:33 PM

@GoBamaGo wrote:

Post billed account is suspended and I need to set payment up for 10-27-17 to pay bill,but I was hoping I could get my service reinstated since that’s only 4 days away. 

The time for payment arrangements is before the service is suspended. Once the service has been turned off, the account must be brought current before it will be restored.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 15
Tutor

I understand what you’re saying and I understand why you do it that way. I don’t normally have to pay this bill,someone else does. They are in the hospital and I didn’t hit me the the bill hasn’t been getting paid until it was suspended. It’s Monday,I can pay it Friday. I can give you my info now do you can take it out Friday.
Message 3 of 15
ACE - Master

@GoBamaGo wrote:
I understand what you’re saying and I understand why you do it that way. I don’t normally have to pay this bill,someone else does. They are in the hospital and I didn’t hit me the the bill hasn’t been getting paid until it was suspended. It’s Monday,I can pay it Friday. I can give you my info now do you can take it out Friday.

This is a community forum; very few employees post here, and most of those are not in an official role. 

I am not a representative of AT&T. I'm just repeating their long-standing policy. I've never seen them budge or offer any leeway whatsoever with that policy. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 15
ACE - Sage

@GoBamaGo

@MicCheck Is correct.  The system is automated and Support cannot override it.  Past abuse unfortunately ruined it for those who deserve a break under extraordinary circumstances 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 5 of 15
Tutor

What about the abuse that att is doing to its customers? So a few bad apples spoil it for us all? I really don’t think att is on the verge of bankruptcy or anything. They could let people that don’t abuse the system catch a break now and then. Things do happen to people that are beyond their control and when they’re depending on the service they’ve had for years,they cut your throat and say “Sorry,so and so screwed us over one time !”

Message 6 of 15
Contributor

I m trying to set up payment arrangements so that my services will be restored eventually. I understand that I cannot have the services until then, I just cannot pay the full amount right now so I would like to split the payment into three payments.  230.00. 1-12, 230.00 1-19 and 230.00 1-26.  I would like to set up reoccurring payments through my bank if possible.

Message 7 of 15
ACE - Sage

You cannot set up payment arrangements once you are suspended.  The purpose of that system is to prevent suspension.   You can make payments if you want.  Serviceis restored once your balance is zero.  That means all past due and current amounts must be paid.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 8 of 15
Contributor

My service was suspended today March 21, 2018, can I pay the past due to balance next Friday, March 30, 2018? pay my bill.

Message 9 of 15
ACE - Master

@Micki65 wrote:

My service was suspended today March 21, 2018, can I pay the past due to balance next Friday, March 30, 2018? pay my bill.

You can pay whatever and whenever you want, but your service won't be restored until your account has a zero balance. 

Message 10 of 15
Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you. I will be paying the past due to balance next Friday, March 30,
2018, online.
Message 11 of 15
Contributor

Hello 

Message 12 of 15
Tutor

AT&T has become HORRIBLE and very insensitive about payment arrangements.  I split up a balance and had an arragement set up for November 30th and December 15th.  I missed the Nov. 30th payment and now AT&T is stating I'm no longer eligible for payment arrangements.  I've had wireless service for over 14 years. Is this how you treat a faithful customer for over 14 years?!?

Message 13 of 15
Tutor

AT&T has become HORRIBLE and very insensitive about payment arrangements.  I split up a balance and had an arragement set up for November 30th and December 15th.  I missed the Nov. 30th payment and now AT&T is stating I'm no longer eligible for payment arrangements.  I've had wireless service for over 14 years. Is this how you treat a faithful customer for over 14 years?!?

Message 14 of 15
ACE - Sage

@bondno5

You made a promise to pay and broke the promise.  Yeah, now ATT cut you off because you can’t keep your word.  Perfectly reasonable.  

Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support