For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Asaymike's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, July 17th, 2017 5:44 AM

Over billing

Has anyone got over billed and got horrible customer service. They won't even fix the problem. They expect me to pay double. Very rude customer service

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Asaymike What do you mean my OVER BILLED?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Yeah my bill is supposed to be $273 and they charged me $505 this month

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Asaymike wrote:
Yeah my bill is supposed to be $273 and they charged me $505 this month

Thanks, I pretty much figured it mean more money.

That's doesn't tell me anything and does nothing to explain the charges aren't valid...

The numbers on the bill ADD UP to $505 still, right?

• Is there 15 $15 overages?
  • Did your $100 dollar plan get changed to a $325 plan?

What isn't there that is normally there?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

Or is it your first bill, which includes one time fees and more than one month of service.  If so, that is SOP for all cable, TV, Internet and cell service. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

It is my first combined bill with DirecTV and wireless bill

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Asaymike wrote:
It is my first combined bill with DirecTV and wireless bill

That seems like an important detail to have left out. You don't want feedback on all bills that are wrong, just the first bill.

First bills will always be higher. It's crazy proration and a PITA to figure out, but they've always been right for me.  You should be able to see that it contains prorated amounts if you look at it (as I mentioned looking at the line items). 

The combined billing is a hassle (quite often) search the forums and if you agree I'd start to work on uncombining so that once you want to change something, it's already uncombined.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Yes the bill doesn't really say what the charge is for it's says wireless charge 273.00 and right below it it says wireless charge 232.00 and totals it to 504.00

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Asaymike wrote:
Yes the bill doesn't really say what the charge is for it's says wireless charge 273.00 and right below it it says wireless charge 232.00 and totals it to 504.00

Ah yes, no details, one of the features of combined billing! (I'd forgotten!)

I'd work on getting it uncombined.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I have had ATT(formerly Bell South) and DirectTV for more years then I care to remember. They are the only companies I ever dealt with for those services and I am 64.

Every month they pull something else with their billing. They advertise one price (A promotion) but you never see it. 

This company is a joke. [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@reedpres wrote:

I have had ATT(formerly Bell South) and DirectTV for more years then I care to remember. They are the only companies I ever dealt with for those services and I am 64.

Every month they pull something else with their billing. They advertise one price (A promotion) but you never see it.

Every month? do NOT understand why you are still their customer.  This makes no sense at all...

(Even every third month would make ZERO sense!)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.