For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Pink Jazz's profile

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

Saturday, December 21st, 2013 4:57 AM

Old iPhone 4 on a Mobile Share Value plan - will we get the "Bring Your Own Device" discount?

Today, we decided to upgrade to a 4GB Mobile Share plan.  Currently, our plan has two smartphones and two dumbphones.  Prior to upgrading, one smartphone had a 3GB data plan and the other had a 300MB data plan.

We plan on upgrading one of the dumbphones to a smartphone.  Since we are not currently eligible for a phone upgrade, we are thinking of reactivating an old AT&T iPhone 4 that we have lying around the house to replace one of the dumbphones.  That phone has been deactivated for quite some time now and I am pretty sure it is out of contract.

So, if we decide to reactivate that old iPhone 4, will we get the "Bring Your Own Device" discount?  We would like to know.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

As long as the line that you are using the smart phone on is out of contract, you can get the discount.

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

So I guess not, since the contract for that line ends in July 2014.

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

It's been a while since I've seen anyone do this, but If I remember right, you can pay off your contract. Request for the line to be cancelled immediately. You used to be able to turn it on later and request for the contract to not be reinstated(meaning the fee will be on your next bill), but you'll have to calculate whether the fee vs the savings would be worth it. My information may be dated, so take it with a pinch of salt. -Alex
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.