Need help understanding your bill?
Rayosun's profile

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

Monday, May 2nd, 2011 9:22 PM

Now what happens after the first bill?

Hey guys!

I just paid my first bill of $203.37 (Ouch :/) and had a quick question I hope can be accurately answered. I understand after this bill, I will be regularly be charged around $81.43 - $84 (estimate) a month. What I noticed on this first bill was that it was charged one month in advance, which is normal. My question is what happens now when this bill in May arrives? Would it be less since I paid the month in advance? If not, what exactly happens?

Thanks!

~Sunshine :)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Explorer

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

Your first bill covers what was left of billing cycle and the whole month cycle ahead. You will always pay the month ahead , then if you have any overages it is added at the end of cycle. I don't know why they call it post paid when it clearly is not, but there you have it. I hope this kinda explains it to you. In May you pay June. In June you pay July.........

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

13 years ago

DId you look at your bill and see if everything was correct and what you were charged for? Is it for one phone or multiple phones?

Your first bil is usually a pro-rated month and the next month's plan charges.

And don't forget the taxes and fees. They will usually add 10 to 20% to your bill, depending on locale.

You could also have had activation charges on your first bill which would make the first month's bill a little steep.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

Everything looked to be correct, though there were prorated charges which are normal. Indeed there was also an activation fee. In regards to the taxes, it seemed that there were taxes for this month and the next one in advance.

But my question is now that I've paid the first bill in full, what happens now when the second bill arrives. Since I was charged one month in advance, would it be lower?

Thanks for your help so far!

Edit: These are also charges for 1 phone

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

first bill can be up to 2 times more than your regular bill depending on how far into the bill cycle you started.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

Right, which is a month charged in advance. 😉

The first bill is paid in full but my question is regarding the second bill. Since I was charged one month in advance on the first bill, should my second bill be lower? Or will it show as paid as well and hop into the June cycle?

I hope that makes sense. I look forward to reading your reply!

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

lets say you start on January 1st. your bill cycle starts on the 15th. so your first bill is for Jan 1st to 15th and Jan 15th to Feb 14th.
your second bill will be Feb 15th to mar 14th
your third bill will be mar 15th to April 14th
and so on and so on

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

So in other words, I will not be charged for the month of May [4/28 - 5/27] since that was paid on the first bill and it will hop into the June cycle [5/28 - 6/27]? Am I understanding this correctly?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

@Evandela wrote:
So in other words, I will not be charged for the month of May [4/28 - 5/27] since that was paid on the first bill and it will hop into the June cycle [5/28 - 6/27]? Am I understanding this correctly?

No, you will get a normal bill on your next billing cycle

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

I do understand that I will now receive a normal bill with no prorated charges, next month charge etc but on my first bill I was charged for these two months:

3/30 - 4/27

4/28 - 5/27 <--- this billing cycle right now

My question is since I was charged for both months (which is this one), would I be charged again for this month or will it go into the 5/28 - 6/27 term and be charged regularly?

I hope that makes sense. I look forward to reading your reply!

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for the explanation, that was what i was wondering 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.