Need help understanding your bill?
M8eeee's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, January 20th, 2019 5:44 PM

Not happy with value

I am not happy with the overall value of AT&T. I currently have to Samsung S7 active still under the installment payments. These phones are having many issues based on age. I don't think it's fair to have installment payments for 2 years when the usable life of a phone is less than 2 years. My only option is to stop doing updates to the phone to keep my phone running longer at the risk of lowered security. My thousand-dollar phone should not frustrate me. Compounding this with an overall bill of $100 per phone it's not a good value. I would like to stay loyal customer, but without any promotions for loyal customers oh, it seems to be better to jump companies for promotions. For reference, the last error message I got on my phone was "processing system has stopped". Why am I paying for a flagship phone and $100 monthly bill per phone for this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

1.    The Samsung galaxy s7 active was not $1000

2.    You have the Next every year option, I gather you chose to pay out all 24 or even 30 months.  

3.     You can buy a new phone at any time.   Swap the sim and you’re all good to go.  

I have older phones that update and work perfectly, so it’s not age.  You can go through trouble shooting to get your phone cleaned out and working again.   

Select your device:   https://www.att.com/devicehowto/dsm.html#!/

BTW,   At&t doesn’t make phones.   Their business is to provide cellular service.    No one forces you to buy phones from At&t.  I just bought a mint hardly used Pixel off swappa and we bought a new oneplus 6t direct from the manufacturer.  I haven’t bought a phone from At&t or used installments in 5 years.  

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

You don’t have to pay in installments. You can pay up front I’m full. You can pay off the remaining installments. 

Im not sure how your plan is $100 per month, but you have options there, too. 

You need to take up the issues with your device with Samsung. 

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

5 years ago

@M8eeee  I purchased the iPhone 6 in November 14 and gave it to a relative when the Xs came out and it is still going strong. I would say that is value since Iit is still getting O/S updates and all apps get updates also. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Dont miss understand my point. I know Samsung makes the phone. That does not release att from responsiblity in my eyes. They are selling it to me and work with Samsung. If it cant last with full functionality 2 years, then dont sell it on a two year plan. Processing system should not crash. Battery should not crash. It lists for $780  but add in taxes and fees, and it's over $1000. Furthermore, I'm not saying the payments are a problem, so buying outright is not a solution. It's still 1000 dollars and failing in 2 years. I'm not happy with the value. No offense, but I'm not complaining about an iPhone 6. Im talking samsungs. Lastly buying another phone is not a solution to my phones bad performance. Why pay for two phones when 1 stops working prematurely. Oh, and I have cleaned my phone. It's just a lemon20190125_033124.jpg45% to 5% in 15 Mins. Down to 2% opening maintenance

Screenshot_20190119-162815_Pokmon GO.jpgI never have multiple apps open when using PoGo

2 Attachments

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

5 years ago

@M8eeee Your analog is if you purchase a vehicle and it does not perform as advertised, you can blame the state for furnishing a roadway system used to drive the vehicle.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

That does not release att from responsiblity in my eyes. They are selling it to me and work with Samsung. If it cant last with full functionality 2 years, then dont sell it on a two year plan.

Sorry, that still makes no sense to me. You are the one who chose to finance it for two years. You didn’t have to and of course, you can pay it off at any time. Ever consider the possibility your issue is that specific phone and not Samsung phones in general? My son is still using an S4.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

The phone is not an At&t product.  Period.  At&t does not make phones.  Neither does Verizon, Sprint, T-mobile or any other carrier that sells phones retail.  

You had a 1 year warranty    Take your complaint to Samsung.  

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

5 years ago

OP should also bring the issue to PoGo.
That game do sucks battery and "hang" on a some Samsung phones.
The best Android phones to run PoGo is Huawei P10 Pro and above & Sony Xperia Z5 and above.
Too bad they are not on AT&T phones list.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Let's use the car analogy. If a car maker say ford, sells a car with a part made by another company, say the transmission. I'm not going to the maker of the transmission, I'm going to ford. Ford sold me the car. Att sold me the phone with good faith that it will work. I'm working with Samsung. My point is that I'm not happy. Maybe other are not happy and att needs that feed back to talk with Samsung when they have partner meetings. As stated in my last comment, it might be a lemon, mean just my phone in the batch was bad. I'm only here because customer service wont switch me with a phone that works cuz they dont stick the s7 active no more. If they sold me a 2 year installment contract, then it should work for 2 years. That's good faith. That's not what I got. Does that make sense? Just trying to provide feedback to att about my experience. For the really early comment on price, I pay 200 for 2 phones with installments and 15 gigs which is the same price as unlimited

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.