Explore & discover

Helpful Links

No way to contact AT&T by email

Tutor

No way to contact AT&T by email

I have questions regarding my account.  I do not wish to call AT&T, and I don't feel like "chatting" with someone.  I want to send AT&T an email message that says, "Here is my problem, can you help me out?"  But there appears to be no way to do this. The "contact us" link ends up being a bit of a joke.  I take it there is no way to send an email to anyone who will read it.  Is this true??  If so, the business model needs to change.  I am old, and I don't like having to "switch it up" by using "chat live" or "call us" options.  I want to send an old-fashioned email.

Message 1 of 16
Professor
Solution
Accepted by Employee (Employee)
Accepted by Constructive
‎03-12-2019 7:50 AM

Re: No way to contact AT&T by email

There is absolutely no option to email AT&T for customer service issues. That's why AT&T has provided plenty of other options. If you don't want to call or chat, you can't contact them. But this doesn't make sense:

I am old, and I don't like having to "switch it up" by using "chat live" or "call us" options.  I want to send an old-fashioned email.

Calling someone to talk about something is the oldest option available, next to snail mail. Email is not old-fashioned by any means.

And why wouldn't you want an immediate answer to your questions? I'm guessing what you really want is to tell AT&T your questions (more likely demands) and not have to argue about it. You just want someone to write back with the solutions. Sorry, not an option.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 16
ACE - Master

Re: No way to contact AT&T by email

@kds4444 wrote:

I have questions regarding my account.  I do not wish to call AT&T, and I don't feel like "chatting" with someone.  I want to send AT&T an email message that says, "Here is my problem, can you help me out?"  But there appears to be no way to do this. The "contact us" link ends up being a bit of a joke.  I take it there is no way to send an email to anyone who will read it.  Is this true??  If so, the business model needs to change.  I am old, and I don't like having to "switch it up" by using "chat live" or "call us" options.  I want to send an old-fashioned email.

You can ask the questions here. If you give enough information, we can probably answer them. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 16
Tutor

Re: No way to contact AT

Wow. That isn't a solution. That is an automated response to a question
that remains unanswered. Not helpful.
Message 4 of 16
Employee

@kds4444  were all customers here we arent at&t we can answer questions but at&t does not have email support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 16
ACE - Master

@kds4444 wrote:
Wow. That isn't a solution. That is an automated response to a question
that remains unanswered. Not helpful.

Your Question: "Is it true??" (that there is no way to send an email to anyone who will read it)

The very first thing @QuarryRye said, "There is absolutely no option to email AT&T for customer service issues"

Your question has been answered. Again, you can post the questions you want to email here and there's a good chance we can help or point you in the right direction of someone who can. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 16

Just because you dislike an answer doesn't mean it's incorrect.

I know plenty of older people who have no problem using chat. I don't see why a phone call would be a problem either.

Message 7 of 16
Tutor

That you don't see why it's a problem does not mean that it is not, in fact, a problem.  I don't want to explain my question regarding a specific issue in my personal account multiple times to multiple people in various chat sessions or phone calls.  I want to write down/ explain my question once, and allow that message to be forwarded to a person who can answer it.  The problem with chatting or phone calls is that unless your question is completely dealt with during that first call or chat, you will need to recreate that question de novo when you end up getting forwarded to someone else.  This is why I dislike it.  Yes, it is fast and convenient— for some things.  But not for all things, and not in this instance, and not for me.  It is great they have a phone contact number, and great that they have a chat option.  I don't understand why email, which is good for SOME things, in THIS instance, for ME, isn't available.  What if I was a stutterer or didn't know how to touch type?  An email option would still allow me to interact, to ask my question, and to not have to explain myself multiple times to multiple people.

Message 8 of 16
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by kds4444
‎03-15-2019 3:05 PM

@kds4444 wrote:

That you don't see why it's a problem does not mean that it is not, in fact, a problem.  I don't want to explain my question regarding a specific issue in my personal account multiple times to multiple people in various chat sessions or phone calls.  I want to write down/ explain my question once, and allow that message to be forwarded to a person who can answer it.  The problem with chatting or phone calls is that unless your question is completely dealt with during that first call or chat, you will need to recreate that question de novo when you end up getting forwarded to someone else.  This is why I dislike it.  Yes, it is fast and convenient— for some things.  But not for all things, and not in this instance, and not for me.  It is great they have a phone contact number, and great that they have a chat option.  I don't understand why email, which is good for SOME things, in THIS instance, for ME, isn't available.  What if I was a stutterer or didn't know how to touch type?  An email option would still allow me to interact, to ask my question, and to not have to explain myself multiple times to multiple people.

None of that matters. Email customer support isn't an option. You can call or chat. 

Or ask your question here. 

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 16
Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by kds4444
‎03-15-2019 3:05 PM

I don't understand why email, which is good for SOME things, in THIS instance, for ME, isn't available.

These are your options. AT&T has customer support through phone, chat, retail stores, this forum (on a limited basis), Facebook, and Twitter. The fact that AT&T hasn't provided the one option that you personally would like is irrelevant. I'm sure a lot of people would like AT&T to provide customer support with bikini-clad models. Or by having customer service reps playing Fortnite to answer questions while customers blow things up.

The answer to "why doesn't AT&T have email support" is "because they don't" and there isn't another answer you'll be satisfied with. Either pick one of the options available or give up trying to solve your problem.

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 16

That explanation makes you sound entitled and lazy. You already repeated your complaint three times here. That is already more work than it would have taken to repeat your question a few times on the phone. And on chat, you can copy and paste.

Message 11 of 16
ACE - Sage

Verizon likes to use social media.  Sorry, I do not “tweet”.   Alternately they have call, chat or their forum.  Emailis not anefficient way if dealing with questions.  And one look at my inbox junk mail, I can understand why email is not used for customer contact.  

@kds4444  This forum is as close to what you want as is available for At&t contact.  HOWEVER:  It is not the place for personal information.  Please use live chat if you don’t want to call, or visit a company store with your problem in writing if that helps organize your thoughts. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 12 of 16
Tutor

If I was entitled and lazy, would I bother responding to so many messages from people like you?  That seems unlikely.  I have accepted all of these answers as solutions, and given everyone kudos for the assistance, help, and direction they have offered.  Much thanks to everyone.  I feel supported, and my problem has definitely been solved by the many answers I have now been given.  I probably never had a problem in the first place.  That is why I came here.  You can stop telling me I am a bad person now.  THANK YOU!  You are the best!!!

Message 13 of 16
Contributor

@QuarryRye Rude.

There are a number of things you haven't considered in this equation. For one, many people are socially anxious. Talking on the phone is anxiety-inducing. In addition, some find it difficult to gather their thoughts in a live phone conversation -- it's easier to organize and write those thoughts in the slower e-mail format so they have time to think about their points and then take time to respond accordingly.  Not to mention, I've personally talked to AT&T on the phone several times and sadly, the connection isn't that great (on their own equipment no less) so it's a less than ideal experience. Add to that customer service agents with an accent (which has been the case for me personally at least half the time) and the amount of time it takes to complete a phone transaction and the phone option is not ideal. And if you are a person like me who is 'blessed' to have a unified account, the phone then becomes your only option because there is no e-mail and no one on chat is authorized to work on your account.  Finally, there are a number of people on this planet, including older individuals, who have hearing impairments without the appropriate phone equipment and an e-mail service would overcome this challenge.

Having an e-mail option is not an unreasonable expectation given all these factors. And no, I'm not under the delusion they'll provide this as it's certainly easier for them to give you the runaround on the phone, rather than have something in writing in e-mail; but I'm providing the above-cited examples for your consideration in your future replies. Walk a mile in others' shoes.

Message 14 of 16
ACE - Expert

@Rainbowdash_42 There was nothing rude in @QuarryRye‘s reply, it was simply truthful and factual. Whether or not ATT should have an email option for customer support is irrelevant. The OP asked if it was true that you can’t contact ATT by email. The answer is you can’t. Nothing rude about that.

Message 15 of 16
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn how to maintain your AT&T Account. View AT&T Account Help!
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support