For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
avalosva's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, February 7th, 2018 12:09 AM

No Credits for my BOGO on unlimited plan

I don't understand how come I have not been receiving my discounts.  It's been 8 months since I contracted AT&T for my cell phone needs.  At the time of signing up for the new unlimited service with DirectTV service at home, I took advantage of the buy one phone get one phone for free (cost is credited to your account).  I was told that the cost of the second phone would be credited back to my account after the second bill cycle.  I completed the military discount program and was informed that I would receive a 15% discount on my bill.  Also because I was combining my AT&T cell phone service with multiple lines and a new DirectTV service at home, that I would receive a discount of $17.25.  Also since I signed up for automatic payments for both services that I would receive $10 discount.  So in total, I should be receiving $17.25 (unlimited discount) + $10.00 (autopay discount) + $25.67 (equipment charge [BOGO]) = $52.92 (dollar discount) + 15% of initial charges (which monthly charges are $195)*.15=$29.25 for a total savings of $82.17.... Yet for the past 6 months, the only discount I've received has been the $17.25 (unlimited discount).  I've called AT&T three times about this issue and every time I call they tell me that management is working on my case, yet they keep moving the resolution date... Why?  How come I can call Verizon (had this previous service provider) and have the same issue resolved in a matter of days, and it's taking forever for AT&T to resolve my problem?  If this issue is not resolved by the end of February, I will have to look for ways to remove myself from this contract and go with someone else.  It is ridiculous...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@avalosva

1. The auto pay $10 discount depends on auto pay and paperless billing. The payment method cannot be a credit card.
2. You are getting you military discount off wireless $17.25
3. If you have direct TV and unlimited PLUS data plan, you should also get a TV loyalty discount. This would not apply if you have unlimited Choice.
4. For the BOGO last year the requirements included that you have Direct TV ✔️ And add a new line to ATT for the free phone. . Purchase qualifying phones

IMG_6492.PNG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

1.- I do have paperless billing and auto payed set up since day 1.
2.- Got it
3&4- I have the unlimited package with DirectTV since I signed up for both wireless and DirectTV service on the same date. As for the phone, yes it was a iPhone 7 32gb.

So my biggest issue is why does it take 8 months to solve this issue? You seam like a smart person who with the littles information I provided you have been able to kind of find the solution… Why can’t AT&T do that?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@avalosva

Well now now we have an attention to detail issue.... sorry, but my being picky is because these are the details the computer looks for when applying credits.  

1. The auto pay $10 discount depends on auto pay and paperless billing. The payment method cannot be a credit card.  In some cases a debit card processes like a credit card.  If you have a debit or credit card applied, changing to an auto deduct from checking would resolve this.

2. You are getting you military discount off wireless $17.25

3. If you have direct TV and unlimited PLUS data plan, you should also get a TV loyalty discount. This would not apply if you have unlimited Choice.  There are 2 (two) unlimited plans, which do you have?  (Its written in the bill).  There is a $30 difference in the cost of plans, the more expensive wireless plan allows for a TV discount.   At the time you signed up It was $25 TV loyalty discount.  It may be on your Direct TV bill.  If the bills are addressed and billed the same, there should not be a missing discount.

4. For the BOGO last year the requirements included that you have Direct TV ✔️ And add a new line to ATT for the free phone. . Purchase qualifying phones

Two phones Had to be purchased both had to qualify.  I hesitate to assume you bought 2 iPhone 7/7 plus and that one was purchased on a new line to ATT.  

Once you have all the information, call ATT billing again and go over my picky list

If that fails to illicit immediate fix, message advanced Support with the picky list by clicking here @ATTCares .   Responses come in the envelope at top right.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Again... Thanks for your insight into this matter.

1- Yes I have a credit card set up. When I did set up the autopay, no one mentioned that in order for me to get the discount, that it would need to be a bank account and not a credit card.

2- Got it

3- Yes the $25 TV loyalty/Unlimited discount is present on my DirectTV bill.

4- When I purchased my new serviced, I also purchased an iPhone 7 plus 128gb, and as the BOGO I selected a iPhone 7 plus 32gb. As per the store salesman, purchasing both phones and subscribing to DirectTV qualified my purchase for the promotional BOGO. I placed a down payment of $350 on the 128gb phone which lowered my monthly installments.

Like I mentioned in my first post… I will give them till the 9th of February to hear from someone at AT&T as to the resolution on this issue. If not I will follow your advice and contact advance support.

Thanks for your help

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

1.   Okay, thank you for filling in the rest of that information.  Actually the unlimited plan discount does specifically say it excludes credit cards.  You can still change the payment method and get the credit.

2.   The credit for the phone is another matter.  I assume you are SURE it’s not on the bill?  The last person who complained about a missing credit found it was on his bill, they just missed it.   

If it’s really not there and it’s been 8 months, and you have already called and complained several times about it’s absense, then ATT has had plenty of chance to fix it.  

Its time to stop dancing around and file a BBB complaint.  And any other consumer protection agency you have available to you.  I don’t know what the deal is with Support and CS, but it’s poorly supported from the highest level and they take months to resolve issues like this which should be done in one at most.  Love my ATT service, but something stinks and I can’t recommend you spend months more fighting with them when a swift kick from an outside agency seems to get them thinking.

Delivering a deadline with ultimatum isn’t going to do you any good here.  This is the community, not ATT.  Even if they see and reply to your previous contact, they are still dragging their feet.  Kick some butt and let us know how it goes.  

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

It's interesting to find out that after all this time, they tell me that the promotion for a free phone is only for $21.67 a month, yet they are charging me $25.67 for the phone that was supposed to be free.  I'm also supposed to be getting the military discount of 15%, yet the discount of $17.25 is not close to my final bill of $247.17.  This is my first experience with AT&T and I feel duped by this company.  I am close to jumping ship and moving to a different service. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@avalosva The “free” phone is for the base model, in your case an iPhone 7 32GB. The credit is based on the cost of the base model. If you buy a more expensive model (which you did, you got a 7+), you pay the difference. Also, the 15% military discount is against the data plan only. No discount on any line fees. Your unlimited plan charge is $115, I believe. 15% of that is $17.25.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@avalosva

So you are finally getting credits.    Did you go through the BBB and get a response from someone in advanced Support?   

Much of your misinformation would have been resolved with a few minutes research on the sales page.  

1.   The auto pay credit specifically is written to exclude credit cards

2.   Discounts from any carrier are on the data plan, also written on the signature discount page.    

15% Military Discount

As part of the AT&T Signature Program, qualified military personnel & veterans can receive 15% savings on their monthly plan charge.   (That’s the data plan, not your whole bill). 

3.   All BOGO offers are on the base model.  

APPLE IPHONE 7 32GB INTEGRATED BOGO: 4/2/17-9/15/17. Select locations. Elig. Devices: New iPhone 7 32 GB & 7 plus on 0% APR AT&T Next (30-mo. at $21.67) or AT&T Next Every Year (24-mo. at $27.09) installment agmts. $0 down for well-qualified credit or down payment may be req’d. Retail price is divided into monthly installments.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

I understand about the credit card exclusion, but the discount is supposed to happen when you signup to autopay, to which when I signed up I was not told or explain about not receiving the credit if I autopayed to my credit card.

No, I have not contacted the BBB, but I will after this email.

so the basic unlimited plan for a multi-lines package is $115.00 yet which does not include the $20 per line charged.

the additional phone is a 32GB iphone 7 plus to which when purchased I was told, I would not incur additional charges. 

At this point, I am just fustrated with AT&T, their customer service online, on the phone and at the local store.  I am so fed up with them and their Sleight of hand that in the future I will pay closer attention to what they say is free and what I expect to pay.  Coming from living overseas in asia, I did not expect such a disadvantage for users as cell phone companies have shown.  At least in Asia they were up front and did not try to woo me with glamorous specials that had hidden plans.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.