Explore & discover

Helpful Links

New Admin Fee?

New Admin Fee?

I hear everyone is getting a brand new fee, called the "MOBILITY ADMINISTRATIVE FEE".

What is it, how much is it, and what is it for?

Message 1 of 87
Expert

Re: Attempt This Unless You Enjoy Paying More

bald_guy wrote:

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree.  This isn't no manadory fee that is going to the goverment.  Just one they added for there own bottom line.  Be like me saying I decided to pay 1 dollar less each month.  If they put it on top of the bill or bottom, there is no real difference.

But anyway, not arguing with you about it, if you are a company kiss up, so be it.

Again you are wrong, I neither work for nor contract att, I have multiple family plans with them, a corproate wireless plan for my employees, Special services for a OC48 and various other commercial accounts with them. I just know business contracts and charges inside and out, what I don;t know about it I pay professionals to review.

The only thing you have right is this is not a goverment fee, it is a cost recovery fee which again is stated in the tems of service that you signed when you agreed to the contract. As far as your taking the 1.00 off the bill when oyu pay - there are adverse results from that theory

Message 61 of 87
Contributor

Re: New Admin Fee?

Yup, AT&T has imposed a loop-hole to generate more revenue without increasing published rates.  Quite deceptive.   From a summary regarding a recent Consumer Report poll...

Consumer Reports polled some 63,000 U.S. wireless subscribers for their thoughts on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile USA and Verizon Wireless. The pollees gave Verizon top marks for voice quality and customer service. Sprint's network and customer support earned it second-place honors, while T-Mobile rated third and AT&T ranked dead last for the third year in a row.

As soon as contract expires, I will move from AT&T to Verizon, without even looking back.

Wouldn't it be shocking to discover someone from AT&T is actually reading these consumer complaints, and doing something about them.  That would be quite shocking!

Message 62 of 87
Former Employee

Yet Verizon charges an Administrative Fee, and it's higher than AT&T's. ALL 4 of the major carriers charge administrative fees, those fees are basically part of the industry now, VZ charges $.91, T-Mobile is $1.50 and Sprin at $2! per line, of course we all know AT&T's is $.61, so the lowest and most consumer friendly, also AT&T was the last one to add this fee which was a norm on other carriers for years, again giving it's customers a better deal than the rest for all that time. Plus the money will be going right back to the customer in a form of better performance and reliability, that we all want.

d.

Message 63 of 87
Expert

Truthful wrote:

Yup, AT&T has imposed a loop-hole to generate more revenue without increasing published rates.  Quite deceptive.   From a summary regarding a recent Consumer Report poll...

Consumer Reports polled some 63,000 U.S. wireless subscribers for their thoughts on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile USA and Verizon Wireless. The pollees gave Verizon top marks for voice quality and customer service. Sprint's network and customer support earned it second-place honors, while T-Mobile rated third and AT&T ranked dead last for the third year in a row.

As soon as contract expires, I will move from AT&T to Verizon, without even looking back.

Wouldn't it be shocking to discover someone from AT&T is actually reading these consumer complaints, and doing something about them.  That would be quite shocking!

CR - 63,000 wireless subscribers with no qualification on restricting the survey to those people that actually are true subscribers to any service - /rofl standard for that rag, totally unvalidated survery that they push out just to show how "unbiased" and "accurate" they reports are. what a joke. Do a little research on just how "accurate" and "unbiased" they are and you might be surprised on how often they are proven wrong. Reminds me of the BBB, where you can raise your score with them if you decide to pay for a membership, again this was reported on a few creditable reporting organizations of the 5th estate.

Good luck with verizion and expect to pay a higher fee for this then what ATT is charging, you won't get away from it.

Message 64 of 87
Contributor

It's ok in my effort to inflict some pain back to AT&T - I went back to paper billing - Wanna soak me for $0.61 cents per phone? Then start sending me my paper bill again...

Message 65 of 87
Expert

respawn22 wrote:

It's ok in my effort to inflict some pain back to AT&T - I went back to paper billing - Wanna soak me for $0.61 cents per phone? Then start sending me my paper bill again...

like any large company they get bulk discount on postage, you will will probably cost about 32 - 35 cents a month to handle so hope that will be sufficient for you. Now it would be different if you had detailed billing, but they charge additonal for that

Message 66 of 87
Contributor

Well if you figure at $0.61 per phone minus the 35 cents - half the profit - not to mention if everyone done it, they'd have to hire more people to staff the print and insert operation. Either way it's less profit for these arseholes...
Message 67 of 87
Expert

respawn22 wrote:
Well if you figure at $0.61 per phone minus the 35 cents - half the profit - not to mention if everyone done it, they'd have to hire more people to staff the print and insert operation. Either way it's less profit for these arseholes...

All done by machines, like most companies that deal in bulk bill mailing they probably farm it out to companies that specialize in this type of function, from start to finish the omnly time a human is involded in the process is to press start to the process press. Maybe a few cents of difference but that is it.

Bulk mail has not been had printed or stuffed for about 14 years

Message 68 of 87

I'm guess I'm not really surprised by the general lack of knowledge as to what a contract represents. Also, I'm amused by so many quoting what att says, or c/s says, which is of course irrelevant to what either a court or arbitrator will decide, ie they will read by the terms of the contract.

As one blog said, att is giving customers the 30 day notice of a rate increase, thus they are acting like it's a rate increase. What the old expression, if it quacks and walks like a duck, it must be a duck. How many of you live in areas where sales tax or 911 charges have either changed or been added. Has att ever sent you a 30 notice of such an increase?--- no, as that is beyond their control, mandated by law, and is the exception noted in att's t&c.

So, when there is a material change (and most folks think this is simply a monetary amount, ie money, it ain't), one of the legal terms to fix the issue is called remedy, ie what it takes to make all parties equal again.

What att's is doing, if pushed far enough, is to issue a credit of some amount, which negates the price increase, er administrative fee, so that in most cases would preclude a free etf.
Message 69 of 87
Expert

planeplane wrote:
I'm guess I'm not really surprised by the general lack of knowledge as to what a contract represents. Also, I'm amused by so many quoting what att says, or c/s says, which is of course irrelevant to what either a court or arbitrator will decide, ie they will read by the terms of the contract.

As one blog said, att is giving customers the 30 day notice of a rate increase, thus they are acting like it's a rate increase. What the old expression, if it quacks and walks like a duck, it must be a duck. How many of you live in areas where sales tax or 911 charges have either changed or been added. Has att ever sent you a 30 notice of such an increase?--- no, as that is beyond their control, mandated by law, and is the exception noted in att's t&c.

So, when there is a material change (and most folks think this is simply a monetary amount, ie money, it ain't), one of the legal terms to fix the issue is called remedy, ie what it takes to make all parties equal again.

What att's is doing, if pushed far enough, is to issue a credit of some amount, which negates the price increase, er administrative fee, so that in most cases would preclude a free etf.

Funny, have not seen this "rate incease" notification, got a copy of it? Come on supply validated physical documentation for what you claim, not just some hearsay of what was posted by someone on a blog.  As fars as "general lack of knowledge as to what a contract represents" if I don;t understand it, I pay professionals a large salary for the year to make sure that they explain it to me.

Bottom line provide the proof of these "notices"

Message 70 of 87

It's on everyone's latest bill, you're the only one who hasn't seen it and nobody feels the need to prove it to you.
Message 71 of 87
Expert

harryspar wrote:
It's on everyone's latest bill, you're the only one who hasn't seen it and nobody feels the need to prove it to you.

seen it on all the family plan bills and the corporate plan that I have - if you read it again I am asking for proof of the "notification". Then again I understand the simple fact of doing the cost of business and have passed increases on to my customers for the last 4 decades.

Message 72 of 87

ATT considers the info on the bill "notification". I'm not sure if I agree, especially because so many people are doing ebill+autopay and never see a bill, but that's what ATT claims anyway.
As far as passing on costs to customers, every business does it and nobody expects ATT to be an exception. But I'm sure you never raised a price on a contracted service during the contract period and expected the customer to feel obligated to go along with it. A contract is a two-way agreement.
Message 73 of 87
Expert

harryspar wrote:
ATT considers the info on the bill "notification". I'm not sure if I agree, especially because so many people are doing ebill+autopay and never see a bill, but that's what ATT claims anyway.
As far as passing on costs to customers, every business does it and nobody expects ATT to be an exception. But I'm sure you never raised a price on a contracted service during the contract period and expected the customer to feel obligated to go along with it. A contract is a two-way agreement.

want to bet? Have raised business related fees for cost recovery during contracts, also charge full consulting per hour cost for anything that is not detailed in the contract. 

By the way, I don;t do ebill, autopay or anything that takes control of my personal and corproate finances out of my hands. On the personal side I review and compare every line item on every bill that comes in before I pay it. Went back 3 months on the att bills and saw nothing. Anyone that does ebill and autopay without reviewing the bills before payment is not controlling their finances very well

Message 74 of 87

Most of you are missing the point, which "is what I'm paying now, more the what I was paying before" . Att, itself says in their t&c that if we make a material change, ie, price change ( taxes, etc are not under att control), then we will give you a 30 days notice, of such, ie is sure acting like they are making a material change, in that they are doing what the contract specifies, should they do so. They don't do this for say a extra 911 fee, nor are they obligated to do so.

From any basic college, or maybe high school logic course, thus att is telling you "they are raising their prices, and you have 30 days to do an etf, if we don't apply some remedy to the breach our mutual agreement"

It appears, that too many here are taking the word of the c/s parrots, which are reading from their prepared script of what to tell the mostly under educated. etc customers who call. Moral here, don't take legal advise from the customer service parrots who are trying to pick your pockets.

What's happening if pushed far enough, is that att is giving customers a credit equal to the extra charge, ie a 'remedy' for the breach, which practically speaking negates, the original breech.

I'm not even sure the 30 day thing will hold up either, but there will be so few customers who complain, it's a win, win, win for att.
Message 75 of 87
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support