Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 16, 2013
2:44:44 AM
New Admin Fee?
Edited by ATTJulieCS on May 30, 2013 at 1:36:37 PM

I hear everyone is getting a brand new fee, called the "MOBILITY ADMINISTRATIVE FEE".

What is it, how much is it, and what is it for?

I hear everyone is getting a brand new fee, called the "MOBILITY ADMINISTRATIVE FEE".

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 3, 2013 9:36:55 AM
(0)
Community Support
Edited by Dorlese_D on Dec 12, 2013 at 9:24:45 AM

harryspar wrote:

Everyone, 

Here is a link to definitions of all fees. Since this is such an active discussion, hopefully this will help. 

Additional Charges

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

New Admin Fee?

[ Edited ]
86 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(86)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2013 4:29:21 PM
(0)
Expert

bald_guy wrote:

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree.  This isn't no manadory fee that is going to the goverment.  Just one they added for there own bottom line.  Be like me saying I decided to pay 1 dollar less each month.  If they put it on top of the bill or bottom, there is no real difference.

But anyway, not arguing with you about it, if you are a company kiss up, so be it.

Again you are wrong, I neither work for nor contract att, I have multiple family plans with them, a corproate wireless plan for my employees, Special services for a OC48 and various other commercial accounts with them. I just know business contracts and charges inside and out, what I don;t know about it I pay professionals to review.

The only thing you have right is this is not a goverment fee, it is a cost recovery fee which again is stated in the tems of service that you signed when you agreed to the contract. As far as your taking the 1.00 off the bill when oyu pay - there are adverse results from that theory

bald_guy wrote:

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree.  This isn't no manadory fee that is going to the goverment.  Just one they added for there own bottom line.  Be like me saying I decided to pay 1 dollar less each month.  If they put it on top of the bill or bottom, there is no real difference.

But anyway, not arguing with you about it, if you are a company kiss up, so be it.

Again you are wrong, I neither work for nor contract att, I have multiple family plans with them, a corproate wireless plan for my employees, Special services for a OC48 and various other commercial accounts with them. I just know business contracts and charges inside and out, what I don;t know about it I pay professionals to review.

The only thing you have right is this is not a goverment fee, it is a cost recovery fee which again is stated in the tems of service that you signed when you agreed to the contract. As far as your taking the 1.00 off the bill when oyu pay - there are adverse results from that theory

Re: Attempt This Unless You Enjoy Paying More

61 of 87 (1,971 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2013 8:02:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yup, AT&T has imposed a loop-hole to generate more revenue without increasing published rates.  Quite deceptive.   From a summary regarding a recent Consumer Report poll...

Consumer Reports polled some 63,000 U.S. wireless subscribers for their thoughts on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile USA and Verizon Wireless. The pollees gave Verizon top marks for voice quality and customer service. Sprint's network and customer support earned it second-place honors, while T-Mobile rated third and AT&T ranked dead last for the third year in a row.

As soon as contract expires, I will move from AT&T to Verizon, without even looking back.

Wouldn't it be shocking to discover someone from AT&T is actually reading these consumer complaints, and doing something about them.  That would be quite shocking!

Yup, AT&T has imposed a loop-hole to generate more revenue without increasing published rates.  Quite deceptive.   From a summary regarding a recent Consumer Report poll...

Consumer Reports polled some 63,000 U.S. wireless subscribers for their thoughts on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile USA and Verizon Wireless. The pollees gave Verizon top marks for voice quality and customer service. Sprint's network and customer support earned it second-place honors, while T-Mobile rated third and AT&T ranked dead last for the third year in a row.

As soon as contract expires, I will move from AT&T to Verizon, without even looking back.

Wouldn't it be shocking to discover someone from AT&T is actually reading these consumer complaints, and doing something about them.  That would be quite shocking!

Re: New Admin Fee?

62 of 87 (1,976 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2013 6:46:01 AM
(0)
Former Employee
Edited by drumn_bass on Jun 4, 2013 at 7:02:13 AM

Yet Verizon charges an Administrative Fee, and it's higher than AT&T's. ALL 4 of the major carriers charge administrative fees, those fees are basically part of the industry now, VZ charges $.91, T-Mobile is $1.50 and Sprin at $2! per line, of course we all know AT&T's is $.61, so the lowest and most consumer friendly, also AT&T was the last one to add this fee which was a norm on other carriers for years, again giving it's customers a better deal than the rest for all that time. Plus the money will be going right back to the customer in a form of better performance and reliability, that we all want.

d.

Yet Verizon charges an Administrative Fee, and it's higher than AT&T's. ALL 4 of the major carriers charge administrative fees, those fees are basically part of the industry now, VZ charges $.91, T-Mobile is $1.50 and Sprin at $2! per line, of course we all know AT&T's is $.61, so the lowest and most consumer friendly, also AT&T was the last one to add this fee which was a norm on other carriers for years, again giving it's customers a better deal than the rest for all that time. Plus the money will be going right back to the customer in a form of better performance and reliability, that we all want.

d.

[ Edited ]
63 of 87 (1,963 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2013 7:22:21 AM
(0)
Expert

Truthful wrote:

CR - 63,000 wireless subscribers with no qualification on restricting the survey to those people that actually are true subscribers to any service - /rofl standard for that rag, totally unvalidated survery that they push out just to show how "unbiased" and "accurate" they reports are. what a joke. Do a little research on just how "accurate" and "unbiased" they are and you might be surprised on how often they are proven wrong. Reminds me of the BBB, where you can raise your score with them if you decide to pay for a membership, again this was reported on a few creditable reporting organizations of the 5th estate.

Good luck with verizion and expect to pay a higher fee for this then what ATT is charging, you won't get away from it.

Truthful wrote:

CR - 63,000 wireless subscribers with no qualification on restricting the survey to those people that actually are true subscribers to any service - /rofl standard for that rag, totally unvalidated survery that they push out just to show how "unbiased" and "accurate" they reports are. what a joke. Do a little research on just how "accurate" and "unbiased" they are and you might be surprised on how often they are proven wrong. Reminds me of the BBB, where you can raise your score with them if you decide to pay for a membership, again this was reported on a few creditable reporting organizations of the 5th estate.

Good luck with verizion and expect to pay a higher fee for this then what ATT is charging, you won't get away from it.

64 of 87 (1,956 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2013 12:09:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

It's ok in my effort to inflict some pain back to AT&T - I went back to paper billing - Wanna soak me for $0.61 cents per phone? Then start sending me my paper bill again...

It's ok in my effort to inflict some pain back to AT&T - I went back to paper billing - Wanna soak me for $0.61 cents per phone? Then start sending me my paper bill again...

65 of 87 (1,936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2013 12:54:44 PM
(0)
Expert

respawn22 wrote:

like any large company they get bulk discount on postage, you will will probably cost about 32 - 35 cents a month to handle so hope that will be sufficient for you. Now it would be different if you had detailed billing, but they charge additonal for that

respawn22 wrote:

like any large company they get bulk discount on postage, you will will probably cost about 32 - 35 cents a month to handle so hope that will be sufficient for you. Now it would be different if you had detailed billing, but they charge additonal for that

66 of 87 (1,932 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2013 3:30:45 PM
(0)
Contributor
Well if you figure at $0.61 per phone minus the 35 cents - half the profit - not to mention if everyone done it, they'd have to hire more people to staff the print and insert operation. Either way it's less profit for these arseholes...
Well if you figure at $0.61 per phone minus the 35 cents - half the profit - not to mention if everyone done it, they'd have to hire more people to staff the print and insert operation. Either way it's less profit for these arseholes...

67 of 87 (1,921 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2013 4:46:39 AM
(0)
Expert

respawn22 wrote:

All done by machines, like most companies that deal in bulk bill mailing they probably farm it out to companies that specialize in this type of function, from start to finish the omnly time a human is involded in the process is to press start to the process press. Maybe a few cents of difference but that is it.

Bulk mail has not been had printed or stuffed for about 14 years

respawn22 wrote:

All done by machines, like most companies that deal in bulk bill mailing they probably farm it out to companies that specialize in this type of function, from start to finish the omnly time a human is involded in the process is to press start to the process press. Maybe a few cents of difference but that is it.

Bulk mail has not been had printed or stuffed for about 14 years

68 of 87 (1,880 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2013 8:11:17 PM
(0)
Tutor
I'm guess I'm not really surprised by the general lack of knowledge as to what a contract represents. Also, I'm amused by so many quoting what att says, or c/s says, which is of course irrelevant to what either a court or arbitrator will decide, ie they will read by the terms of the contract.

As one blog said, att is giving customers the 30 day notice of a rate increase, thus they are acting like it's a rate increase. What the old expression, if it quacks and walks like a duck, it must be a duck. How many of you live in areas where sales tax or 911 charges have either changed or been added. Has att ever sent you a 30 notice of such an increase?--- no, as that is beyond their control, mandated by law, and is the exception noted in att's t&c.

So, when there is a material change (and most folks think this is simply a monetary amount, ie money, it ain't), one of the legal terms to fix the issue is called remedy, ie what it takes to make all parties equal again.

What att's is doing, if pushed far enough, is to issue a credit of some amount, which negates the price increase, er administrative fee, so that in most cases would preclude a free etf.
I'm guess I'm not really surprised by the general lack of knowledge as to what a contract represents. Also, I'm amused by so many quoting what att says, or c/s says, which is of course irrelevant to what either a court or arbitrator will decide, ie they will read by the terms of the contract.

As one blog said, att is giving customers the 30 day notice of a rate increase, thus they are acting like it's a rate increase. What the old expression, if it quacks and walks like a duck, it must be a duck. How many of you live in areas where sales tax or 911 charges have either changed or been added. Has att ever sent you a 30 notice of such an increase?--- no, as that is beyond their control, mandated by law, and is the exception noted in att's t&c.

So, when there is a material change (and most folks think this is simply a monetary amount, ie money, it ain't), one of the legal terms to fix the issue is called remedy, ie what it takes to make all parties equal again.

What att's is doing, if pushed far enough, is to issue a credit of some amount, which negates the price increase, er administrative fee, so that in most cases would preclude a free etf.

69 of 87 (1,818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2013 3:33:39 AM
(0)
Expert

planeplane wrote:

Funny, have not seen this "rate incease" notification, got a copy of it? Come on supply validated physical documentation for what you claim, not just some hearsay of what was posted by someone on a blog.  As fars as "general lack of knowledge as to what a contract represents" if I don;t understand it, I pay professionals a large salary for the year to make sure that they explain it to me.

Bottom line provide the proof of these "notices"

planeplane wrote:

Funny, have not seen this "rate incease" notification, got a copy of it? Come on supply validated physical documentation for what you claim, not just some hearsay of what was posted by someone on a blog.  As fars as "general lack of knowledge as to what a contract represents" if I don;t understand it, I pay professionals a large salary for the year to make sure that they explain it to me.

Bottom line provide the proof of these "notices"

70 of 87 (1,802 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2013 9:29:25 PM
(0)
Guru
It's on everyone's latest bill, you're the only one who hasn't seen it and nobody feels the need to prove it to you.
It's on everyone's latest bill, you're the only one who hasn't seen it and nobody feels the need to prove it to you.

71 of 87 (1,772 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2013 5:21:24 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Jun 9, 2013 at 5:23:23 AM

harryspar wrote:

seen it on all the family plan bills and the corporate plan that I have - if you read it again I am asking for proof of the "notification". Then again I understand the simple fact of doing the cost of business and have passed increases on to my customers for the last 4 decades.

harryspar wrote:

seen it on all the family plan bills and the corporate plan that I have - if you read it again I am asking for proof of the "notification". Then again I understand the simple fact of doing the cost of business and have passed increases on to my customers for the last 4 decades.

[ Edited ]
72 of 87 (1,761 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2013 9:40:03 AM
(0)
Guru
ATT considers the info on the bill "notification". I'm not sure if I agree, especially because so many people are doing ebill+autopay and never see a bill, but that's what ATT claims anyway.
As far as passing on costs to customers, every business does it and nobody expects ATT to be an exception. But I'm sure you never raised a price on a contracted service during the contract period and expected the customer to feel obligated to go along with it. A contract is a two-way agreement.
ATT considers the info on the bill "notification". I'm not sure if I agree, especially because so many people are doing ebill+autopay and never see a bill, but that's what ATT claims anyway.
As far as passing on costs to customers, every business does it and nobody expects ATT to be an exception. But I'm sure you never raised a price on a contracted service during the contract period and expected the customer to feel obligated to go along with it. A contract is a two-way agreement.

73 of 87 (1,741 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2013 10:21:30 AM
(0)
Expert

harryspar wrote:

want to bet? Have raised business related fees for cost recovery during contracts, also charge full consulting per hour cost for anything that is not detailed in the contract. 

By the way, I don;t do ebill, autopay or anything that takes control of my personal and corproate finances out of my hands. On the personal side I review and compare every line item on every bill that comes in before I pay it. Went back 3 months on the att bills and saw nothing. Anyone that does ebill and autopay without reviewing the bills before payment is not controlling their finances very well

harryspar wrote:

want to bet? Have raised business related fees for cost recovery during contracts, also charge full consulting per hour cost for anything that is not detailed in the contract. 

By the way, I don;t do ebill, autopay or anything that takes control of my personal and corproate finances out of my hands. On the personal side I review and compare every line item on every bill that comes in before I pay it. Went back 3 months on the att bills and saw nothing. Anyone that does ebill and autopay without reviewing the bills before payment is not controlling their finances very well

74 of 87 (1,739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2013 5:12:45 PM
(0)
Tutor
Most of you are missing the point, which "is what I'm paying now, more the what I was paying before" . Att, itself says in their t&c that if we make a material change, ie, price change ( taxes, etc are not under att control), then we will give you a 30 days notice, of such, ie is sure acting like they are making a material change, in that they are doing what the contract specifies, should they do so. They don't do this for say a extra 911 fee, nor are they obligated to do so.

From any basic college, or maybe high school logic course, thus att is telling you "they are raising their prices, and you have 30 days to do an etf, if we don't apply some remedy to the breach our mutual agreement"

It appears, that too many here are taking the word of the c/s parrots, which are reading from their prepared script of what to tell the mostly under educated. etc customers who call. Moral here, don't take legal advise from the customer service parrots who are trying to pick your pockets.

What's happening if pushed far enough, is that att is giving customers a credit equal to the extra charge, ie a 'remedy' for the breach, which practically speaking negates, the original breech.

I'm not even sure the 30 day thing will hold up either, but there will be so few customers who complain, it's a win, win, win for att.
Most of you are missing the point, which "is what I'm paying now, more the what I was paying before" . Att, itself says in their t&c that if we make a material change, ie, price change ( taxes, etc are not under att control), then we will give you a 30 days notice, of such, ie is sure acting like they are making a material change, in that they are doing what the contract specifies, should they do so. They don't do this for say a extra 911 fee, nor are they obligated to do so.

From any basic college, or maybe high school logic course, thus att is telling you "they are raising their prices, and you have 30 days to do an etf, if we don't apply some remedy to the breach our mutual agreement"

It appears, that too many here are taking the word of the c/s parrots, which are reading from their prepared script of what to tell the mostly under educated. etc customers who call. Moral here, don't take legal advise from the customer service parrots who are trying to pick your pockets.

What's happening if pushed far enough, is that att is giving customers a credit equal to the extra charge, ie a 'remedy' for the breach, which practically speaking negates, the original breech.

I'm not even sure the 30 day thing will hold up either, but there will be so few customers who complain, it's a win, win, win for att.

75 of 87 (1,715 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2013 5:27:52 PM
(0)
Expert

planeplane wrote:

your contract specifies voice only, that is the only part of the agreement that is covered, within the tos there is a clause excluding prices changes in regulatory fees, state, local, federal taxes, cost recovery fees, and E911 charges.

You can add or remove features such as texting, family map, insurance without causing a termination of the contract and the etf

If you have a smartphone you are required to have a data plan, but if you change out your smartphone for a amd device you can remove the data plan and not be required to pay a etf

If you are in the middle of your voice contract and you port your number the etf is charged because you are canceling the only portion of the agreement that is specificly mentioned in the contract. If the carrier raises the cost of your plan in the middle of your contract, then yes they notify you and you can have a option of canceling with no etf

This is all documented in the Legal terms of the contract that you recieved either on paper of electronicly and in the CSS (Customer Service Summary) which is available on your OLAM. You can cancle becasue of this but you will pay a etf.

planeplane wrote:

your contract specifies voice only, that is the only part of the agreement that is covered, within the tos there is a clause excluding prices changes in regulatory fees, state, local, federal taxes, cost recovery fees, and E911 charges.

You can add or remove features such as texting, family map, insurance without causing a termination of the contract and the etf

If you have a smartphone you are required to have a data plan, but if you change out your smartphone for a amd device you can remove the data plan and not be required to pay a etf

If you are in the middle of your voice contract and you port your number the etf is charged because you are canceling the only portion of the agreement that is specificly mentioned in the contract. If the carrier raises the cost of your plan in the middle of your contract, then yes they notify you and you can have a option of canceling with no etf

This is all documented in the Legal terms of the contract that you recieved either on paper of electronicly and in the CSS (Customer Service Summary) which is available on your OLAM. You can cancle becasue of this but you will pay a etf.

76 of 87 (1,713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2013 10:19:23 PM
(0)
Mentor

Yes another Admin Fee that who knows what it is used for. My guess it is used for Bonus money for the top management , contrary to what the mods say or are told to say. And one of the answers they gave was "the other company's are doing it". What a answer. Bills are already high enough, then read today that they are stopping the upgrade at 20 months and going to 24 months. I left sprint after 14 yrs. to try AT&T, dont like it. Contract almost up, probably try prepay next. 170 a month for me and wife on share plan, too much. You win AT&T, i am leaving.

Yes another Admin Fee that who knows what it is used for. My guess it is used for Bonus money for the top management , contrary to what the mods say or are told to say. And one of the answers they gave was "the other company's are doing it". What a answer. Bills are already high enough, then read today that they are stopping the upgrade at 20 months and going to 24 months. I left sprint after 14 yrs. to try AT&T, dont like it. Contract almost up, probably try prepay next. 170 a month for me and wife on share plan, too much. You win AT&T, i am leaving.

77 of 87 (1,690 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2013 8:56:10 AM
(0)
Tutor

My bill jumped up by $4 this month because of this fee. I noticed the increased immediately because I hadn't made any changes to my plan so I compared the bill and saw the admin fee and decide to come here to get more info.

I'm kind of outraged by the reason for this fee. Tower maintenace? Site rental? Isn't that their cost of doing business? How can they add that fee to my bill without me being able to get out of my contract? This is just a money grab. They're seeing if they can get away with it and I'm sure there'll be more "fees" if nobody makes a stink out of it. It's only .61 cent now but they can always increase it.

BTW, I have 5 devices so .61 x 5 is 3.05. I looked at the rest of the bill and noticed my taxes went up as well so you do get taxed after the .61 is added. This is such bull.

My bill jumped up by $4 this month because of this fee. I noticed the increased immediately because I hadn't made any changes to my plan so I compared the bill and saw the admin fee and decide to come here to get more info.

I'm kind of outraged by the reason for this fee. Tower maintenace? Site rental? Isn't that their cost of doing business? How can they add that fee to my bill without me being able to get out of my contract? This is just a money grab. They're seeing if they can get away with it and I'm sure there'll be more "fees" if nobody makes a stink out of it. It's only .61 cent now but they can always increase it.

BTW, I have 5 devices so .61 x 5 is 3.05. I looked at the rest of the bill and noticed my taxes went up as well so you do get taxed after the .61 is added. This is such bull.

Re: Attempt This Unless You Enjoy Paying More

78 of 87 (1,664 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2013 10:12:03 AM
(0)
Contributor

Right just keep thinking that .....

I called and complained. The rep kept stating everyone charges it, all the other companies, its for ....

I kept saying "I dont care what the OTHER carriers do, I KNOW what it is for. The issue IS;

BY ADDING THE ADMIN FEE - ATT HAS BROKEN MY SIGNED CONTRACT ... which by the way LISTS ALL the fees I agreed to for 24 months upon signing my contract.

This fee is not a MANDATED FEE it is on ATT CHOOSE to charge everyone and by doing this ATT has BROKEN MY CONTRACT ... therefore I am now free to go to another carrier with NO PENALTY and NO ETF fees since I no longer have a CONTRACT with ATT since you broke it.

The rep back peddled and put me on hold for serveral minutes and when she came back to the phone stated the following:

I have spoke to our department regarding this and they understand your point since this fee was not listed in your signed contract which was 12 months ago, so we(ATT) are not going to charge you this fee for the remainder of your signed contract and because this was an incoveinence to you we(ATT) are going to offer you a 1 time credit of $25.00 to your account immediately.

I thanked her for removing the fee and told her I appreciate the credit and I was happy with the outcome.

The WHOLE KEY TO THIS IS: YOU MUST NOT PAY THE FEE when it shows UP ... IF YOU PAY THE FEE and do not contest it, then you have IMPLIED YOUR CONSENT TO THE FEE and cannot dispute it since you accepted it, it automatically becomes part of your contract.

If you DONT PAY it and dispute it, then ATT has broken your contract.

FYI

I am a happy ATT Camper ... Go Ahead ATT add another FEE ... I watch my monthly invoice and DISECT it every month...

Bill

Right just keep thinking that .....

I called and complained. The rep kept stating everyone charges it, all the other companies, its for ....

I kept saying "I dont care what the OTHER carriers do, I KNOW what it is for. The issue IS;

BY ADDING THE ADMIN FEE - ATT HAS BROKEN MY SIGNED CONTRACT ... which by the way LISTS ALL the fees I agreed to for 24 months upon signing my contract.

This fee is not a MANDATED FEE it is on ATT CHOOSE to charge everyone and by doing this ATT has BROKEN MY CONTRACT ... therefore I am now free to go to another carrier with NO PENALTY and NO ETF fees since I no longer have a CONTRACT with ATT since you broke it.

The rep back peddled and put me on hold for serveral minutes and when she came back to the phone stated the following:

I have spoke to our department regarding this and they understand your point since this fee was not listed in your signed contract which was 12 months ago, so we(ATT) are not going to charge you this fee for the remainder of your signed contract and because this was an incoveinence to you we(ATT) are going to offer you a 1 time credit of $25.00 to your account immediately.

I thanked her for removing the fee and told her I appreciate the credit and I was happy with the outcome.

The WHOLE KEY TO THIS IS: YOU MUST NOT PAY THE FEE when it shows UP ... IF YOU PAY THE FEE and do not contest it, then you have IMPLIED YOUR CONSENT TO THE FEE and cannot dispute it since you accepted it, it automatically becomes part of your contract.

If you DONT PAY it and dispute it, then ATT has broken your contract.

FYI

I am a happy ATT Camper ... Go Ahead ATT add another FEE ... I watch my monthly invoice and DISECT it every month...

Bill

Re: New Fee?

79 of 87 (1,513 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2013 12:41:35 PM
(0)
Tutor

After I filed my complaint with the FCC, I got a call from the AT&T Executive Office regarding the FCC complaint.  They offered me a choice:

1. A bill credit for the amount of the fee for the remainder of each affected line's contract.

2. A refund of the ETF if I choose to cancel my contract.

I chose option #2 for my personal line, and option #1 for the other lines on my plan (I'm not going to ask my family members to be as adventurous as I).

I ported my number out to T-Mobile last night (on their $30 for 100 min, unlimited text and data (5GB fast)).  T-Mobile reception absolutely sucks where I work, so I'm going to port it back in a few days once the port has cleared the system, and get a shiny new phone on contract.

After I filed my complaint with the FCC, I got a call from the AT&T Executive Office regarding the FCC complaint.  They offered me a choice:

1. A bill credit for the amount of the fee for the remainder of each affected line's contract.

2. A refund of the ETF if I choose to cancel my contract.

I chose option #2 for my personal line, and option #1 for the other lines on my plan (I'm not going to ask my family members to be as adventurous as I).

I ported my number out to T-Mobile last night (on their $30 for 100 min, unlimited text and data (5GB fast)).  T-Mobile reception absolutely sucks where I work, so I'm going to port it back in a few days once the port has cleared the system, and get a shiny new phone on contract.

80 of 87 (1,497 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2013 6:55:06 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by JMill09 on Jun 30, 2013 at 6:55:30 PM

You went to T-Mobile over a .61 increase, when they offered to credit you the difference?

You're aware T-Mobile charges up to $1.50 Admin fee per line?

You went to T-Mobile over a .61 increase, when they offered to credit you the difference?

You're aware T-Mobile charges up to $1.50 Admin fee per line?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
81 of 87 (1,442 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2013 12:34:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

You're aware T-Mobile offers unlimited txt and data ?

82 of 87 (1,398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2013 2:47:29 PM
(0)
Expert

topshot wrote:

what has that got to do with the topic - the fee is 1.50 at t-mobile, the fee is the topic of the discussion. Besides T-mobile has Fair use policies in effect so that can enforce them. Dig deep and you will find them on t-mobiles's site. As far a unlimited text, att offers that also, along with unlimited voice minutes

Also be aware t-mobile is on the for sale block again - top contender is Dish Network sice they lost the bid for Sprint.

topshot wrote:

what has that got to do with the topic - the fee is 1.50 at t-mobile, the fee is the topic of the discussion. Besides T-mobile has Fair use policies in effect so that can enforce them. Dig deep and you will find them on t-mobiles's site. As far a unlimited text, att offers that also, along with unlimited voice minutes

Also be aware t-mobile is on the for sale block again - top contender is Dish Network sice they lost the bid for Sprint.

83 of 87 (1,387 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 1:35:56 PM
(0)
Tutor
got a link to that. I still have not found one yet.

84 of 87 (1,334 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 2:38:31 PM
(0)
Expert

cronojay wrote:

If the Dish offer falls through, Softbank a japanese carrier will try to get them

http://www.pocketables.com/2013/06/softbank-will-try-to-buy-t-mobile-if-sprint-deal-falls-through.ht...

Sprints financial's are on the reports, stock selling for 6.05 a share and that was not the low for the trrading day -

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/s

cronojay wrote:

If the Dish offer falls through, Softbank a japanese carrier will try to get them

http://www.pocketables.com/2013/06/softbank-will-try-to-buy-t-mobile-if-sprint-deal-falls-through.html

Sprints financial's are on the reports, stock selling for 6.05 a share and that was not the low for the trrading day -

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/s

85 of 87 (1,326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2013 5:18:03 AM
(0)
Tutor

That was in june and I personally have not seen or heard anything since...

86 of 87 (1,291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2013 5:46:11 AM
(0)
Expert

cronojay wrote:

1 month in major corporate take over is nothing, it can take a year or more for all the requirements and investigations by the various agencies to be completed and the sale approved. Their stock closed at 6.07 a share, for a telcom company that share price is in the basement.

Here is more current information - the sprint stock holders have already approved the deal and just recently the FCC cleared it

http://fudzilla.com/home/item/31883-softbank-to-buy-sprint-after-fcc-clears-the-way

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/softbank-sprint-merger-set-to-close-july-10

Softbank is cleared to take contolling interest in Sprint

cronojay wrote:

1 month in major corporate take over is nothing, it can take a year or more for all the requirements and investigations by the various agencies to be completed and the sale approved. Their stock closed at 6.07 a share, for a telcom company that share price is in the basement.

Here is more current information - the sprint stock holders have already approved the deal and just recently the FCC cleared it

http://fudzilla.com/home/item/31883-softbank-to-buy-sprint-after-fcc-clears-the-way

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/softbank-sprint-merger-set-to-close-july-10

Softbank is cleared to take contolling interest in Sprint

87 of 87 (1,284 Views)