Need help understanding your bill?
harryspar's profile

Guru

• 

552 Messages

Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 9:44 AM

New Admin Fee?

I hear everyone is getting a brand new fee, called the "MOBILITY ADMINISTRATIVE FEE".

What is it, how much is it, and what is it for?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

So this will be used by ATT for maintaining its cell towers? Does this mean that they'll be putting gas in their generators after the next big storm so we can have cell service for more than a day after the storm?

Guru

• 

552 Messages

11 years ago

No, that'll be the Fuel Surcharge - coming soon!

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@harryspar wrote:

No, that'll be the Fuel Surcharge - coming soon!

Fuel surcharges are already in place - next

Guru

• 

552 Messages

11 years ago

Coming soon - a Fuel Surcharge and a Fuel Administration Surcharge.

Mentor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I noticed the raise in my otherwise very regular AT&T bill this month and started looking in to it.  I found the Administrative Fee they snuck on there.

I have filed a complaint with the FCC regarding this practive, and I encourage everyone else to do the same.  The more complaints the FCC gets, the higher priority it will become for them to investigate this defrauding of customers.

Guru

• 

552 Messages

11 years ago

Gldrush don't forget the FCC. BBB. and your state's attorney general.

Explorer

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Here is what I did and recommend everyone try this.  If you are still under contract, add up your months left in the contract and muliple by .61.  Call AT&T and ask for that much money back or for your fee to be waived, as you are under contract.  They should be able to add fees to people going month to month or to a new contract but NOT to people in a contract. 

They gave me $25 credit on my current bill.  This more then makes up for the extra money the fee will be in the rest of my contract with extra for the trouble of having to call them. 

I'm not saying you will get this, but I think its well worth the phone call.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@bald_guy wrote:

Here is what I did and recommend everyone try this.  If you are still under contract, add up your months left in the contract and muliple by .61.  Call AT&T and ask for that much money back or for your fee to be waived, as you are under contract.  They should be able to add fees to people going month to month or to a new contract but NOT to people in a contract. 

They gave me $25 credit on my current bill.  This more then makes up for the extra money the fee will be in the rest of my contract with extra for the trouble of having to call them. 

I'm not saying you will get this, but I think its well worth the phone call.

regulatory and cost recovery fees are not part of the get out of etf free senario, they part of your contract that would casue a get of etf free is if they alter the price of your voice plan, like from 39.99 to 42.99 then you have a out. Period. So those fees can be added, increased, decrease, state, federal, local taxes can be increase the the rumored E911 cost recovery charge increase are all valid.

Explorer

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree.  This isn't no manadory fee that is going to the goverment.  Just one they added for there own bottom line.  Be like me saying I decided to pay 1 dollar less each month.  If they put it on top of the bill or bottom, there is no real difference.

But anyway, not arguing with you about it, if you are a company kiss up, so be it.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@bald_guy wrote:

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree.  This isn't no manadory fee that is going to the goverment.  Just one they added for there own bottom line.  Be like me saying I decided to pay 1 dollar less each month.  If they put it on top of the bill or bottom, there is no real difference.

But anyway, not arguing with you about it, if you are a company kiss up, so be it.

Again you are wrong, I neither work for nor contract att, I have multiple family plans with them, a corproate wireless plan for my employees, Special services for a OC48 and various other commercial accounts with them. I just know business contracts and charges inside and out, what I don;t know about it I pay professionals to review.

The only thing you have right is this is not a goverment fee, it is a cost recovery fee which again is stated in the tems of service that you signed when you agreed to the contract. As far as your taking the 1.00 off the bill when oyu pay - there are adverse results from that theory

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.