Need help understanding your bill?
harryspar's profile

Guru

• 

552 Messages

Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 9:44 AM

New Admin Fee?

I hear everyone is getting a brand new fee, called the "MOBILITY ADMINISTRATIVE FEE".

What is it, how much is it, and what is it for?

Guru

• 

552 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks, johnbinsc! If it picks up steam there's a chance it will get somewhere. Look what happened with Verizon's $2 bill-pay fee: http://money.cnn.com/2011/12/30/technology/verizon_fee_canceled/index.htm

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

harryspar is right. you cannot raise the price on the contract period. why even have a contract if one side can do anything and the other side must put up with it.  any contract that gives all power to one side and none to the other are inherently unenforcable. you are right that more people should compain. bunch of sheep. they rip you off a little at a time.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@engdahl wrote:

harryspar is right. you cannot raise the price on the contract period. why even have a contract if one side can do anything and the other side must put up with it.  any contract that gives all power to one side and none to the other are inherently unenforcable. you are right that more people should compain. bunch of sheep. they rip you off a little at a time.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

regulatory and cost recovery fees are NOT part of your contract, the only fee that IS tied to your contract is the base cost that you apy for voice minutes. SMS, data and the such are features that are added so they do not count. Make sure you understand before complaining, this is all documented in your paper work that you recieved either physically, electronicly or as a link in the OLAM - makes good reading to know what you are responsible for

Guru

• 

552 Messages

11 years ago

Most of the "base cost" that ATT charges IS "cost recovery." They pay for electricity, personnel, facilities, call centers, vehicles, etc etc etc.
What's left after that is their profit.
If they could put all their costs below the line on the bill it would be $30 or more.
If you think it would be OK for them to add a $30 "Business Expenses" surcharge on every bill, well, I think that's absurd.
AT&T thinks that's fine.
I will leave it to the readers of the forum to decide if it makes sense to them.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@harryspar wrote:
Most of the "base cost" that ATT charges IS "cost recovery." They pay for electricity, personnel, facilities, call centers, vehicles, etc etc etc.
What's left after that is their profit.
If they could put all their costs below the line on the bill it would be $30 or more.
If you think it would be OK for them to add a $30 "Business Expenses" surcharge on every bill, well, I think that's absurd.
AT&T thinks that's fine.
I will leave it to the readers of the forum to decide if it makes sense to them.

You are confusing the requirements of the contract with your own interpertation. The only part of the cost that is charged that has any reflection on the terms of the contract is voice minutes, period.

Please don;t use the habit of putting words in my mouth to justify your interpertations of what I have said. You have absolutely no idea what will or will not have me deem anything acceptable or unacceptable so don;t try and fit it to your beliefs.

To the people that understand business and cost recovery, it is reasonable. The one major thing you missed in your response, you are assuming probably becasue you miseed the entire sentence that how the term "base cost" was applied.

My comment was "IS tied to your contract is the base cost that you pay for voice minutes." Not sure how you came up with " They pay for electricity, personnel, facilities, call centers, vehicles, etc etc etc.". That has absolutely no bearing on the comment that was made. Although it is high school level economics for how costs bear to the EBITA which relates to shareholder profit in the end.

Bottom line, if it not acceptable go to another carrier, by the way they already have that recovery charge also

Guru

• 

552 Messages

11 years ago

Difference is, if I went to the other carrier I would be agreeing to the charge at the BEGINNING of the contract, which is OK.

I'm not putting words into anyone's mouth. I have no idea who does or doesn't think ATT is within thier rights to impose a $30 fee next month if they want to cover $30 of expenses. I'm simply sutting the question out for public comment: If
1) it is OK to add fees below the line if they are for business expenses rather than taxes, and
2) ATT has more than 61 cents od expenses per month then
3) what is the limit?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@harryspar wrote:
Difference is, if I went to the other carrier I would be agreeing to the charge at the BEGINNING of the contract, which is OK.

I'm not putting words into anyone's mouth. I have no idea who does or doesn't think ATT is within thier rights to impose a $30 fee next month if they want to cover $30 of expenses. I'm simply sutting the question out for public comment: If
1) it is OK to add fees below the line if they are for business expenses rather than taxes, and
3) what is the limit?

@harryspar wrote:

If you think it would be OK for them to add a $30 "Business Expenses" surcharge on every bill, well, I think that's absurd. AT&T thinks that's fine.

I know where my limits are but do not know where yours would nor do I speculate, what is the limit for the cost of gasoline? What about electricity. If you feel that the .61 cents is your limit then change carriers, it is as simple as that.

Guru

• 

552 Messages

11 years ago

If it's not OK for $50 then it's not OK for $.61.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@harryspar wrote:

3) what is the limit?

@harryspar wrote:

If you think it would be OK for them to add a $30 "Business Expenses" surcharge on every bill, well, I think that's absurd. AT&T thinks that's fine.

I know where my limits are but do not know where yours would nor do I speculate, what is the limit for the cost of gasoline? What about electricity. If you feel that the .61 cents is your limit then change carriers, it is as simple as that.

Sorry - it is not that simple. The problem here is that you cannot simply change carrier because most people are still locked into their contract. 

Guru

• 

552 Messages

11 years ago

hojbjerg I agree with you. Of course, technically once they raise the price your contract is off because they broke it. But they will charge you the ETF or send you to collections and kill your credit, so it isn't worth it.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.