For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
maxrommel's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, May 14th, 2014 9:32 PM

Need some advice on this! Thanks. Text appears as phone call?

I need an expert to help me on this. I see "phone calls" in the call history section of our family bill that say "dropped (Flag 9)." Their duration is zero seconds. The phone number associated with the call is 16196. There are one or two a day, all associated with the same phone number. Do you think this is a text message and not a phone call? We have rules around texting and I'm worried that one of the kids has found a workaround. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

It could be that this information on your usage report is a text short code.  Those usually appear wit numbers that small (unless you had modified the name for the number manually in your att.com account).  These can happen intentionally if you were to text a short code, for example I just saw RedBox is offering to enter a contest when you send a preset message to their shortcode.  These can also be unintentional, say there is an app setup on the phone set to send you SMS notifications or you had intentionally or unintentionally signed up for a service that sends shortcode messages to one of your lines.

You may want to double check your bill for any Mobile Purchases/subscriptions on that line.  You can manage those if you find them by visiting this link:

Subscription management

Hope this helps:)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.