Need help understanding your bill?
MozarH's profile

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, July 15th, 2015 12:48 AM

Need help to verify if gophone account is eligible to auto refill

Hi: I failed to setup auto refill with my debit cards and checking account. I guess it may because my account type is not eligible (not link to any US address or my SSN) for auto refilling. What should I do to get auto-refill work?

Here are my account history:

(1) I obtained my gophone account back to 2013 in a business trip, using my passport as  certification of my identity. 

(2) I am now in US as an international student. I have been full-time registered student for one year and have obtained my SSN last month. 

AT&T's phone service told me that my auto refill failed because of my bank side. However I have tried different debit cards and checking account and they all failed. Should I go to nearest AT&T branch to modify my account type? Have anyone experienced this before?

Thanks.

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

9 years ago

If there is an AT&T store nearby I would go in and have them help you get everything setup correctly as here on the forums or over the phone it will likely take alot longer with alot of trial and error.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

My situations are:

(1) My billing addres does not match my living address (which is also on my MULTIPLE debit cards) I corrected this in a physical AT&T branch.

Actually, staffs in AT&T branch don't know more than I do regarding my problem. They just asked me to call the service center.

And called AT&T service, I know following information:

(2) I had enrolled auto-refill with one of my debit cards, but I have failed too many refill trasantions.

(3) Because of (2), AT&T's system automatically locked my account's ability to register or proceed payment online.

(4) According to AT&T's staff in phone, she has registered my auto-refill manually.

(5) AT&T's system will unlock my account after two or three successful payment, and after unlocked, I can proceed refill or modify auto payment ONLINE again.

The banks didn't tell me anything about my failed transactions.... So I had never aware about this... 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.