Need help understanding your bill?
PStreet123's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, January 30th, 2017 2:00 AM

NO CREDIT for $650 trade-in

I participated in the September 2016 promotion by AT&T for a free iPhone 7, when trade-in current phone. I followed the instructions within the box provided by AT&T when new phone was delivered. AT&T has had possession of my iPhone 6 since October 24, 2016, which was in excellent working condition, but I have yet to see a credit. I am now in the 4th billling cycle.
I have called customer retention TWICE and was provided every excuse as to why there is no credit, all of which accused me of doing something wrong. At the end of each call, I was supposed receive a call from a manager the very same evening. NEVER GOT ONE. I honored my end of the promotion, you have my phone, now honor your end of the bargain. NO MORE EXCUSES!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

They're doing the same thing to me.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

They're doing the same thing to me.  I also took advantage of said promotion in September and I am also on my 4th billing cycle.  I was told over a dozen times now that it would be resolved.  I continue calling back on the day that it was "scheduled to be resolved" and then I am told every single time that the case is still "under review" and that it will be re-solved and re-sovled and re-solved...and you get the point.

My own mother who ACTUALLY (not make believe) retired from AT&T approx. two years ago and on my own behalf, she too has called to "talk to the right person" but my mother (whom devoted HALF OF HER LIFE to AT&T).....believe it or not is appaulingly given the same tired answer(s)...absolutely unbelievable!

At the same time AT&T still honors my 15% veterans discount.....It's a shame that they don't have the same integrity regarding the real problem at hand.  My dissatisfication with AT&T has never been greater and I forsee myself paying off the iPhone 7 plus as soon as possible and running away from their business indefinitely. 

I kept my receipt showing where I paid off my iphone 6 plus fully ( with the installment plan number on it ).  It was of course paid off on the same day I ordered the iphone 7 plus.  It's shocking as to what ends AT&T will go to - to try and steal their customers devices and money.  I really cannot believe they're doing this to me....a veteran and engineering student who has OCD and keeps every receipt...you really want to go there?!  Okay...my hat's in!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@PStreet123 wrote:
Delivered 10/13/16
Correct. Not part of Next program.
No reference to a promo code. No promo code was ever provided in email promotion. I still have the email from September 2016.
The instructions provided in box that iPhone 7 came in did not request any online steps. Just how to clear, prep, and send back. I think I still may have paper, searching my home office.

The free iPhone 7 for an iPhone 6 or 6s REQUIRED NEXT.

And a promo code, but that seems moot if you didn't do next.

The cellular companies generally don't give out anything free unless it comes with a semi-commitment. In this case it would be you have to be a customer for 24 or 30 months to get the Next credits. Then if you stop being a customer you stop getting the credits.

Can you share the e-mail?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@PShemwellWKUEng wrote:

I kept my receipt showing where I paid off my iphone 6 plus fully ( with the installment plan number on it ).  It was of course paid off on the same day I ordered the iphone 7 plus.  It's shocking as to what ends AT&T will go to - to try and steal their customers devices and money.  I really cannot believe they're doing this to me....a veteran and engineering student who has OCD and keeps every receipt...you really want to go there?!  Okay...my hat's in!

A few questions before making suggestions (suggestions are generally based on the answers you give):

1. What model iPhone did you trade in? iPhone 6
2. Your purchased your iPhone 7 specifically when? (or order date)
3. You turned off Find My iPhone?
4. The turned in iPhone was definitely 100% paid off?
5. You purchased the new iPhone on Next? 
6. Have you been late for any of your payments since you purchased?
7. You turned the old iPhone in at the AT&T store or in the mail?
8. What date did you turn in (or mail) the old iPhone?
9. Your receipt for turning it in said $0.00 for the trade in?
10. You removed the 4-digit passcode from the iPhone?
11. What condition was the turned in iPhone?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi. AT&T is playing games with my $650 credit as well. All conditions were met and I waited the 3-4 billing cycles before I called. First they said that my application was denied becasue I only submitted it 11/2/16, after the promo period. That's right I explained, I bought the phone 09/25/16 but only recevie the iPhone 7 11/2/16. OK they said, we will submit a case. That was 3 weeks ago. Terrible experience with this.

Sheldon

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

You're same with my issue 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Having the same issue and just escalated through 3 layers of customer service management. We were all promised something at point of sale and AT&T headquarters is reneging on that promise. If headquarters has a problem with what the stores promised, they need to work out that issue with the stores, but as it stands, they are illegally changing the terms on the clients, and the structure of the promotion (3mo delayed until it kicks in) makes it seem like this was the intent the entire time. 

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

This is so discouraging, I have the same issue except mine has been going on for 6 months. I traded in my phone by mail and have yet to receive credit for it. I have called nearly every month and I getting told that I should see something next month but it never happens. Now that I see this is happening to a few people I feel like we should contact the media or some news Chanel, it's ridiculous that after so many years of being a loyal customer I'm treated this way... not to mention they have my IPhone 6, what a con job...

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

[Edited to comply with Guidelines] This is blanant fraud and theft. 

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

7 years ago

Get your brick and mortar store involved.  My store's district manager took care of both my credits after phone support kept me strung along for five months.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.