Need help understanding your bill?
jhonan's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 27th, 2017 5:20 PM

My questions is why is ATT so terrible?

I was charged a $15 fee for going over my data "allotment". I got one text message the day before my new monthly rate was set to begin at 10 pm that said I had used 90% of my data, and then another message three minutes later that said I went over. Funny that I can use 10% of my entire 4G of data in three minutes. And weirdly, I was asleep when I "went over" on my data plan. The best part is that the additional 1GB of data they insisted that I needed in my sleep didn't even roll over. So I had the convenience of an extra GB for roughly 2 hours during my dreams. Thanks, ATT! You convinced me to switch carriers. Maybe I'll find one that supports Net Neutrality because they care about the people more than their pocketbooks. ATT = TERRIBLE. No questions.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@jhonan Data isn't always reported "live", so you could have been way over before you get the warning message. 

Regardless, with the speeds available these days 10% of only 4GB of data is quite easy to use in just a few minutes.

Sorry, data overages do not rollover (it's pretty clear in the rollover information).

If you find any other carrier that does this significantly different, please let us know.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@Gary L Explanation is correct.  Your reasoning is like writing checks that exceed your checking balance during the day, but wondering why you didn’t get an overdraft notice till the last check clears overnight.  BTW, your phone keeps an independant meter of your data use.  It would also show how much you exceeded your plan and which apps used data.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Plus you are on an old plan. All you need to do to avoid overage charges is switch to a current plan. None of the current plans have overages. It is even possible a current plan will cost you less. You should at least check them out.

Former Employee

• 

24 Messages

6 years ago

Sometimes, if you ask nicely, and you want to switch from a Mobile Share Value to a Mobile Share Advantage or an unlimited plan the overage will be waived. Doesnt hurt to ask.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.