My Phone plan is confusing!

My Phone plan is confusing!

I want to understand my plan better. I am on a 2 year contract and got the lg g2 for 0 down. I am on the 2gb plan which is 80 dollars a month and i dont understand how it is being billed. When i see the breakdown it says 40 for the phone and 40 for the bill which together makes 80. I dont understand. Please help!

Message 1 of 4 (1,231 Views)
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rouge_Diamond
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: My Phone plan is confusing!

Rouge_Diamond wrote:

I want to understand my plan better. I am on a 2 year contract and got the lg g2 for 0 down. I am on the 2gb plan which is 80 dollars a month and i dont understand how it is being billed. When i see the breakdown it says 40 for the phone and 40 for the bill which together makes 80. I dont understand. Please help!

OK, let's see if we can help you out to understand your bill.  From your description, it sounds like you have a Mobile Share plan (which if you are a new customer since Nov 2013, I believe that is the only choice you had for your account).

When you look at your monthly bill, you should see a section near the top of Page 2 that give the detail breakdown of the charges for your individual line.  Line item 1 should say something like "Mobile SHare Plan 2GB" and have   40.00 listed as the line item price.  This is the cost for the shared data you share across all phone lines on this plan (which you probably only have one phone)  Line item 2  Should say something like "Mobile Share Android on 4G LTE" and have   40.00 listed as it's line item price.  The Line Item 2 is the charge for your "unlimited voice, and SMS messages" for your phone.  Line item 3 may say something like "Discount for Mobile Share Savings" and have  0.00CR lsited as your discount (since you have a 2 year contract and do not get a monthly service discount for being "out-of-contract").  Line item 4 would have "International Roaming - Expanded" and if you have that option it will list the proce, otherwise it should have 0.00.  Line item 5 would list your "National Account Discount" (if you are eligible for one) and the amount of the "CR" would depend upon your discount rate, but I suspect you don't have one, so it probably lists 0.00CR.  Next up would be the Total Monthly Charges (for the first phone on your account).  That would be the sum of all the above, and based on your description, this is where you see the 80.00. 

Below that first section it would list the "Other charges and Credits" and htis is where you get your details of how many minutes, text messages, and data you used for that month.  Included in this section would be the detail of how many minutes you used, how many SMS messages you sent/received, and your Data usage.  If you go over your 2GB of data usage included in your plan, you would also see the additional data billed here at $15.00/GB (or part of a GB) you used.

Lastly on that left column of page 2, you see the "Surcharges and Other Fees" and "Government Fees and Taxes" listed out which you have to pay on your phone line.  At the very bottom you should see a number which matches the Amount Due for your account (since you only have one phone on your account).  I'm guessing that the "additional fees and Taxes" come to about $3.00-6.00 for your bill bringing the total you have to pay AT&T to about $83.00-$86.00

The part that is probably the most confusing is that you have 2 line items for $40.00, one for the wireless data, and one for the "unlimited talk and text", then you have all the additional fees and taxes that the local, state and federal polliticians want from everything you do.

If you still need more help understanding you bill, let me know which parts you need clarifications on and I will try to see if I can help you to understand them better.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (1,205 Views)

Thank you for helping me understand. Basically you are saying that i am paying 40 for the data and 40 for the unlimited texting and talking. Geesh the bill is so high for such little data but hey its fast. I suppose i need to invest in wifi, but thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 4 (1,187 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

There is some good news. Once your 2 year contract is fulfilled your bill will go down by $15/ month.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (1,155 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.