Need help understanding your bill?
ranron's profile

Scholar

• 

190 Messages

Thursday, November 22nd, 2012 2:27 AM

Moving abroad and suspend line from Mobile Share

I have a 15GB Mobile Share with 10 devices on it.

I will be moving abroad, will also be traveling to and from the US a few times a year.

Most of the lines are iPads/tablets, so it's only $10 a month. However if I'm not in the US, it's useless to have. I have about 4 lines that I will be using only a few months out of the year, one of them is a smartphone, so I'm looking at $30+$10+$10+$10=$60 a month.

I'm wondering is there an option to suspend the line without canceling it? (basically keep the line, but don't pay for it) I could cancel the line, but then I'd have to pay a $36 activation fee every time; that would defeat the point.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

The info I can recell is 6 month suspension max a year per line and can not be done more than once per rolling 12 month year. http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB102788#fbid=FoqGYTwpPsT

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@ranron wrote:

I have a 15GB Mobile Share with 10 devices on it.

I will be moving abroad, will also be traveling to and from the US a few times a year.

Most of the lines are iPads/tablets, so it's only $10 a month. However if I'm not in the US, it's useless to have. I have about 4 lines that I will be using only a few months out of the year, one of them is a smartphone, so I'm looking at $30+$10+$10+$10=$60 a month.

I'm wondering is there an option to suspend the line without canceling it? (basically keep the line, but don't pay for it) I could cancel the line, but then I'd have to pay a $36 activation fee every time; that would defeat the point.

there is a reduced rate suspension but it is not free and it is limited as to how long and how often you can suspend it, during the suspension period the 2 year commintment(if ther is one) does not reduce, the period of time the device is suspended is not counted against the 24 months, so if you susped and 20 months for 6 months, when you come back it is still 20 months. If I recall right the reduced rate cost is still 10.00 per device

Scholar

• 

190 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you both.

I don't think the reduce rate suspension would do me any good as I've checked with AT&T and it's $10.

I think I'll just canceled my 3 lines for my MiFi, Aircard, built-in laptop 3g; kind of reduntant. Cancel one of the iPad lines and then move that $30 smartphone line (which is the only line under contract) I don't need to a iPad.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.