For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Onegirl1963's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, March 10th, 2018 6:33 AM

Monthly charges

Help!  I have tried to reach someone in Customer Service to inquire about charges to account after buying one, get one, under have Direct TV service.  I chatted online with rep who helped me understand some, but still somewhat  confused.  Have been with AT&T for many years as business customer and now retired senior couple.  Purchased 1/10/18 buy one, get one iPhones 8+, an IPad for $100, and many, many accessories in 25309 zip code store.  We both had 3G phones.  

1. 2/5/18, in same AT&T store, 25309, I spoke with an AT&T rep on cell phone about a faulty phone case, she ordered new Speck purple grip case (would receive in two days - haven't received to date; cancel one cell number, cancel unnecessary mobile ins.on active 3 cell numbers, was given different $10, $15 credits on numbers, given 6 GB data. On chat, didn't see anything about Speck purple case, but did have 6GB and various credits.  Before able to do anything else for me, must have an order number.  On my email confirmation, there was no order no.  I very much need to speak to customer service rep who can get Jeannette B.'s replacement case to me, plus I understood with Direct TV chg w/be $45 1st line, $20 2nd line.  I had been paying $107/month for 2 cell phone numbers, February bill was $403.96.   I saw where 3 devices would be $90/month.  I understand equip phone charge, but on 1 cell, $40/ mobile share value, another $40 access for iPhone; Cell No. 2, $40 for access; cell No. 3 for Ipad, Access fee, plus activation fees for all cell numbers; plus all mobile ins were to be deleted on 2/5/18 by Jeannette B.   Help!!  I want to pay your bill, but what are all these activation fees, et cetera, even for an iPad we did not even want a number on.  I was told I would have Wi-Fi-Cellular service no matter where I went (as we travel a lot), but once I drive out of my street, phone has no network service.  Please call me ASAP as I do not want phones disconnected but need to understand what I am paying.  If no answer, please leave a message.  Thanks

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

If you want to talk to at&t you need to call the. This is a customer to customer forum. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Many questions, not sure where to start. First off, the iPad requires a number in order to get cellular service, that is why there is an activation fee. You got a discounted iPad (they don’t cost $100 normally). That discount requires 2 years of data service. If you cancel that line, you will be charged an early termination fee. As for the rest of your bill, there is one charge for your data plan (the $40 Mobile Share Value) and an access fee for every device. However, your access fee should be $25 for each cell phone, not $40 unless they put you on a 2 year contract for the two iPhones. ATT did away with 2 year contracts for cell phones on consumer accounts long ago but if you are still on a business account, that is very possible. However, if you also have installment plan charges for the two iPhones, then your access fee should be $25. Recheck your bill, it may show the access charge as $40 but also have a $15 discount on each line.

Sorry to say, you may not be getting a free iPhone. The iPhone BOGO requires a new line (the iPad line does not count). Unless you opened a new phone line, you won’t be getting one of those phones free.

As noted above, this is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. No one from ATT will call you from your post here but we can probably answer your questions,

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I would love to get this resolved and pay monthly chgs

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Onegirl1963

1.   We are CUSTOMERS, not AT&T.  

2.   If you don’t pay your bill, which given the number of new devices and services may be correct this month, you will be suspended and have fees to reconnect each line at $35 x 3 (phones and iPad) plus a late fee of $5.  Not paying on time is no5 an option.

3.   We can’t see your bill.  But new devices would have $25 upgrade fee on phones and up to $45 on the tablet.   6 gig plan was $60, plus $40 line fee, discounted by $15 (net $25).  Tablet is $10.  

Then add at least $25 a month for each phone installment 

Plus taxes and fees your normal bill for wireless

60+25+25+10+25+25+13 ball park for wireless = $183.  One time fees add at least $75.  

What else is on the bill?  (That we cannot see and shouldn’t be posted on a public forum without blocking your personal and identifying information.  

Associated Member

• 

118 Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance 

The restoral fee is $35 per suspended account not per line. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@mynameis  Are you sure?  That’s not what we were told and not what customers have complained they got charged.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.