Money taken out on Go Phone Account

Tutor

Money taken out on Go Phone Account

So when I first got my At&t Go Phone, I had the $50/month plan.

For some reason, At&t decided to charge me the $9.99/month fee for At&t Navigation. I went online to cancel it and it only gave me $9.66 back, so I had $49.67 on my account for the longest time.

Then I added $100 and had $149.67, which annoyed me. So I decided to download a couple of apps.

I downloaded apps, paying attention to the prices, making sure I didn't go below $100. I was at around $109, then I downloaded another app. At&t texted me, telling me I had $56.27 after purchasing a $2.99 app.

I want to know where the heck that $53 went and I want it back! There is no way I spend nearly $100 on apps. All I bought was Uno and Bejeweled and Scrabble and other silly games.

I would like to know if there is a way that I can be reimbursed for that $53 that suddenly disappeared. I would talk to someone on support, but I can't seem to reach a live person on the Go Phone suport line or on this site either!

Message 1 of 9
Former Employee

Re: Money taken out on Go Phone Account

Your monthly plan got renewed.

Message 2 of 9
Tutor

No, I don't think that was the problem... It took out more than it should have. I have a $50 a month plan. If that is the case, I would like proof somehow because on my account, all it shows was the purchases I made and not the balances before and after.

I would just like confirmation if that was actually the case, but I don't believe it is.

Message 3 of 9
Expert

myrandaw wrote:

No, I don't think that was the problem... It took out more than it should have. I have a $50 a month plan. If that is the case, I would like proof somehow because on my account, all it shows was the purchases I made and not the balances before and after.

I would just like confirmation if that was actually the case, but I don't believe it is.

The plan cost does not include the required federal, state, local taxes, recovery fees, E911 charges that are required so the difference is that

Message 4 of 9
Former Employee

How long have you had this phone exactly?

Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
Tutor

Nevermind, I feel so silly now.

I did the math.

I had $109 and bought a $3 app, which brought me to $106. The renewal must have happened around 1am (the time I was messing with apps) without it telling me, bringing me from $106 to $56.

It all makes sense now. I wish I would have thought of that sooner before having a fit!

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 9
Contributor

I've typed it once I don't know what happened to it.
Message 7 of 9
Contributor

That is correct & navigation AR Navigator has been taking money out $9.99 a month for I don't know how long and I want it stopped and refunded my account.
Message 8 of 9
ACE - Expert

@Vickdance509

This is the community, not ATT.  

You can remove subscriptions online or the My ATT app.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support