Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Mobile data on usage detail for texts

Contributor

Mobile data on usage detail for texts

My bill shows mobile data on my usage detail under text messages. I was told that is for 3rd party app messages like fb messenger or yahoo messenger. Is that the only reason that would be on there?
Message 1 of 19
ACE - Sage

Re: Mobile data on usage detail for texts

@MDH1990

What you are seeing is ‘short code’ text from a computer.  It is usually a notification.  Bank, 2 step verification, pharmacy, Amazon, etc.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 19
ACE - Sage

@Hdobrev555 wrote:

Mobile data shows up on my phone without numbers why?

Late reply...sorry about not seeing post earlier.

mobile data = data used on apps and service on your phone.  It has no number, because it was not calls or text to anyone else. 

What content used your data is in the settings on your phone, under data usage. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 19
Contributor

Please tell what app did you use to spy? I am having the same problem. Please email me 

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Message 18 of 19
Contributor

It’s from streaming music in my case.  I listen to amazon music and I have data usage of exactly 46080kb at all the times I was streaming music.  

Message 19 of 19
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support