For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Bellybaby11's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, October 28th, 2016 1:06 AM

Why does my bill show mobile data on usage detail under text message?

My bill shows mobile data on my usage detail under text messages. I was told that is for 3rd party app messages like fb messenger or yahoo messenger. Is that the only reason that would be on there?

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@JoanneRose13 wrote:

There are several different days throughout a years period of time that my husband's data shows 135.0 MB. The 124.73 MB is the first time that number has shown up. What is he using/doing that he is using that much data at one time? If he used Skype on his phone to web that would that use this amount of data? And how many minutes would that call/video call be?  This is just one example: 

20190515_203729.jpg

That's not really that much data. A Skype call as short as 10-15 minutes could use that much data. One episode of a TV show would probably be about that much. 

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Ok well my husbands texts all have gone to data usage and no texts ever show up now after being caught cheating. So why are all his texts show data usage even when he’s texted me?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@MissyMK wrote:

Ok well my husbands texts all have gone to data usage and no texts ever show up now after being caught cheating. So why are all his texts show data usage even when he’s texted me?

He's NOT texting you, he's sending you a message in a way that looks like texting BUT actually uses data.

For example, two iPhones "texting" each other are actually using the iMessage protocol which uses data, so it doesn't show up in the texting logs.\

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

My husband doesn’t have an iPhone, and his shoes data between once and twice a day, and it’s always in the middle of the night. I need to know if this really is a texting app because he does have text now so I need to know if that’s what is making this show up as data under his text log!! Please help

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Ayates86   https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Account/What-is-Mobile-Data-on-text-log/m-p/6003910#M299424

There’s no need to ask the same question multiple times on different threads.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.