ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Wednesday, February 26th, 2014 5:41 PM

Closed

Mobile Share Value Plans W/Rollover Data - Information and FAQ

AT&T Mobile Share Value Plans offer a new way to share data on up to 10 devices with no annual service contract while enjoying the nation's most reliable 4G LTE network.

• No annual service contract option
  • Unlimited Talk & Text for phones
  • Shared data on up to 10 devices

Data options are: 300MB, 2GB, 5GB, 15GB, 20GB, 25GB, 30GB, 40GB, and 50GB

All Mobile Share Value plans include Rollover Data! The data you don't use this month rolls over to next month. Learn more about Rollover Data HERE.

As of 2/28/15 unlimited international messaging from the U.S. to the world is included.

As of 8/14/15 15GB and higher plans include unlimited Talk and Text to Mexico and Canada.

Visit Mobile Share Value Plans portal for more information HERE.

You can see some of the most Frequently Asked Questions (with answers) below...

Thank you,

Dmitriy

***Please use these resources for information about Grandfathered Unlimited Data plans***

Grandfathering My Unlimited Data Plan discussion

Smartphone Unlimited Data and Reduced Speeds

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Rollover Data?

Rollover Data2 is a benefit that we've introduced with our Mobile Share Value plans in which unused data from your monthly plan allowance rolls over for one billing period.

Example: If you have our 15GB AT&T Mobile Share Value plan and only use 10GB, you'll roll over 5GB (your Rollover Data balance) to the next month for a total of 20GB to be used within that next month. There's no cap on the amount of unused plan data within a given month that's eligible for rollover. However, Rollover Data automatically expires after one billing period, and unused Rollover Data won't carry over to the following month.

How does Rollover Data apply to the lines on my Mobile Share Value plan?

Rollover Data is shared by all lines within a Mobile Share Value plan.

Is Rollover Data a limited-time offer?

No, we're introducing it as a feature included with our Mobile Share Value plans. As long as you remain on a Mobile Share Value plan, you're eligible to receive Rollover Data. However, if you change the data allotments of your plan, you'll lose the current Rollover Data balance, but you can start again and accrue new Rollover Data on your new plan.

When do I begin using Rollover Data during the month?

Rollover Data is used only after the full data allowance for your Mobile Share Value plan in the current bill cycle is used. Once you exceed your plan's current allowance, you'll automatically start using your available Rollover Data. If all of the Mobile Share Value plan allowance and Rollover Data are used, an additional allotment of overage data is automatically charged to your account. Overage data does not roll over.

What happens to my Rollover Data when I change my Mobile Share Value plan?

If you have a Rollover Data balance when you change the data amount of your plan, you will lose that balance for the current billing cycle. However, you will start accruing new Rollover Data once you've switched, and any unused data from your new monthly plan allowance will carry over for one billing period.

More Rollover Data FAQ >

How do I know which Mobile Share Value plan is right for me?

It's easy: With AT&T Mobile Share Value, you pay a monthly plan charge for data that can be shared across devices, plus a monthly charge per device. Plans include Unlimited Talk & Text plus unlimited messaging to select countries.2 To help you figure out how much data you'll use, we have developed a Mobile Share planner tool to make it easy to choose the data plan that best fits your needs. Please visit att.com/att/planner.

Why are there two different sets of pricing for Mobile Share Value plans?

Mobile Share Value pricing includes a monthly plan charge that varies based on how much data you use. It also includes a monthly access charge for each device you add to your plan. For smartphones, the access charge will vary depending on how you purchased the phone. Our lowest Mobile Share Value pricing is available with a No Annual Service Contract option (AT&T Next, if you bring your own phone or tablet, or if you pay full price). Different pricing applies if you choose the 2-year contract option.

Are AT&T Next smartphone charges included in Mobile Share Value prices?

No. Monthly Mobile Share Value pricing only includes wireless service charges. It does not include any device costs.

Are messages received from an international number included? (i.e. a text message received from a U.K. number to the U.S.)

Messages you receive from an international number to the U.S. are considered domestic usage, and would be included as part of the domestic Unlimited Talk & Text.

I'm currently receiving the Mobile Share Value plan discount and I'm eligible for an upgrade. Can I keep my discount?

If you want to keep our discounted Mobile Share Value pricing while upgrading to a new phone, you will need to choose one of these options:

• Purchase a phone via AT&T Next.
  • Buy a phone at full cost with no annual service contract.
  • Activate your own smartphone.

If you select a new 2 year agreement on your upgrade, you will no longer be eligible for the discounted pricing.

I'm currently on a 2-year agreement that I started before February 2, 2014, and am getting discounted Mobile Share Value pricing on a 10 GB plan. If I upgrade to a new 2-year agreement do I get to keep the discounted rate?

No. The discounted access charge for smartphone lines is not available with a new 2-year contract. To keep the discounted access charge when you upgrade to a new smartphone, you must purchase the smartphone via AT&T Next or at full price, or bring your own smartphone. If you upgrade to a smartphone on a new 2-year contract, the discounted access charge will be lost for that line.

I'm currently on a 2-year agreement that I started before March 9, 2014, and am getting discounted Mobile Share Value pricing on a 2 GB plan. If I upgrade to a new 2-year agreement do I get to keep the discounted rate?

No. The discounted access charge for smartphone lines is not available with a new 2-year contract. To keep the discounted access charge when you upgrade to a new smartphone, you must purchase the smartphone via AT&T Next or at full price, or bring your own smartphone. If you upgrade to a smartphone on a new 2-year contract, the discounted access charge will be lost for that line.

Are there any Mobile Share Value plan differences for my Business that I should consider?

All the business specific details around our Mobile Share Value plans can be reviewed at www.att.com/attmobileshare

What does a customer have to do to have a device from another carrier unlocked?

Customers bringing over a device from another carrier may need to request that a device be unlocked from that carrier prior to being able to bring that device onto a Mobile Share Value plan.

Please click HERE to review further terms and details.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.