Mobile Share Value Plans Questions and Discussion

Teacher

Mobile Share Value Plans Questions and Discussion

[ Edited ]

Beware.. The $160 per month plan for 4 smart phones with ATT is pretty shadey. They don't tell you that you are required to pay for 4 smart phones at full retail price. Maybe that small detail is buried somewhere in the fine print when the adds on TV play, but make sure you know exactly what you are paying for before jumping onto this.... It's very, very tricky. 

Message 1 of 574 (115,610 Views)
Community Manager

Re: CS Rep made unauthorized changes, AT&T claims no responsibility.

Hello @ajtarton 

 

I apologize for any confusion. For the new line, did you get a phone? If so was it purchased with a 2 year contract? In $160 Mobile Share Value plan, 10GB data plan is $100 and 4 out of contract phones are billed $15 each, If you got a phone (or get one in the future) with a 2 year contract discount, the price for that line will increase to $40. Is that what you're seeing?

 

Thanks,

Dmitriy


Rethink Possible


Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 106 of 574 (2,899 Views)
Contributor

Re: CS Rep made unauthorized changes, AT&T claims no responsibility.

No, that isn't what I am seeing. She didn't put me on ANY type of new plan; she just added a new line and added 10g of data, all the while TELLING me I was being put on the 4 for $160. I even asked her point blank if I could add a new line to the 3 lines for 140 and she said it was no problem, thus leading to the changes she applied. Once again, at the end of the call I even asked what my new bill would be and she said "You are on the $160 plan, so it will be 160." My issue isn't understanding what is included in that plan, the issue is she TOLD me she signed me up for that plan, when in fact, all she did was pack on a data package and add a line, never mentioning the fact that I WASN'T getting the plan I authorized her to change my account to. I understand for a new phone the fee is 40 under contract NOW , the issue is she didn't enter anywhere CLOSE to the information she said she did. Plain and simple.  I asked to be placed on the 4 for 160 and she told me that was what I would be getting. I didn't, she didn't, and now I have an extra expense every month. 

Message 107 of 574 (2,889 Views)
Community Manager

Re: CS Rep made unauthorized changes, AT&T claims no responsibility.

It's not actually a different plan, but with 10GB or higher, a price is $15 per line without a contract or $40 with the contract, it's automatically adjusted in the system. So did you get a new phone with a two year contract? Since it's account specific and we can't see it, I'm just trying to get a good idea of what plan / phones and contracts you may have. If you'd like, you can speak with one of our Social Media Care managers and they can review your account and give you more specific answers. You can send us a private message here, please include your name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

 

Thank you,

Dmitriy


Rethink Possible


Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 108 of 574 (2,885 Views)
Contributor

Re: CS Rep made unauthorized changes, AT&T claims no responsibility.

Yes, we added a new line, and everyone wants to focus on that! I know now adding a new line would have been 40 a month. That's not what I have a problem with. The issue is, when I asked her about adding a line, she told me it qualified under the 160. Even went as far to tell me my monthy bill would be 160. Where's the honesty in that? I could see my error if I didn't ask about additional charges, but I did, and was told point blank, period, my bill would be 160. And thanks, but no thanks. I'm at&t'd OUT for today! The only thing I can get is 'not our problem'. If you are offered one price, you should be charged one price.

Message 109 of 574 (2,878 Views)
Scholar

Re: Given misinformation on new mobile share plan. No fix. Only sorry


wingrider01 wrote:

T-Boy wrote:

You are dreaming if you think the average person can keep a smartphone 4 or 5 years. Lost, broken, stolen, dead battery. etc. Your numbers don't add up. You don't save $50 a month unless there are multiple lines or you had the worse single line plan in America. If you have more than one line wait till one breaks, loses, or has a phone stolen and see how much you save. A new phone will add at least $25 a month to your bill for 26 months. Some might come out but most will not.


Sorry to disapoint you - kept my 3GS until just recently. Still in immaculate condition, no scratches no blemishes, battery atill holding charge. Prior to the 3GS I used a blackberry Pearl.


Why would you disappoint me, I don't care what phone you use. If you want to use a 3GS go ahead and stare at the screen wait for it to function.

Message 110 of 574 (2,847 Views)
Contributor

Customer Service - 10GB plan

I have had nothing but problems since I upgraded my phone and changed my plan to the 10GB plan. I was quoted the 145 a month. Never received that rate. Customer service has been no help. All I get from them is.... There's nothing I can do for you. Attempts to talk to supervisors has been another big deal. First one was unavailable and was suppose to call back within 24hours. Got a call 48hrs later in which I was not able to answer and was left an incorrect call back number. Went online to see if any changes had been made to fix my account. My account looked fixed online and conferred with an online chat representative. Everything looked correct. This month's bill... same issue. This time supervisior was very rude and unhelpful and ended up hanging up on me. I have been with AT&T/Cingular for 10-15 years. Keep being told I am a valued customer but I am unable to get the best rates or deals. Dont feel after so many years of being a customer I'm getting treated any differently then a new customer. AT&T should value their loyal customers that have continued their services thru buyouts/consolidations. At this point I plan on looking into better rates and customer service thru other carriers. I don't feel valued for as long as I have been with AT&T

Message 111 of 574 (2,834 Views)
Expert

Re: Customer Service - 10GB plan


luv4kris wrote:

I have had nothing but problems since I upgraded my phone and changed my plan to the 10GB plan. I was quoted the 145 a month. Never received that rate. Customer service has been no help. All I get from them is.... There's nothing I can do for you. Attempts to talk to supervisors has been another big deal. First one was unavailable and was suppose to call back within 24hours. Got a call 48hrs later in which I was not able to answer and was left an incorrect call back number. Went online to see if any changes had been made to fix my account. My account looked fixed online and conferred with an online chat representative. Everything looked correct. This month's bill... same issue. This time supervisior was very rude and unhelpful and ended up hanging up on me. I have been with AT&T/Cingular for 10-15 years. Keep being told I am a valued customer but I am unable to get the best rates or deals. Dont feel after so many years of being a customer I'm getting treated any differently then a new customer. AT&T should value their loyal customers that have continued their services thru buyouts/consolidations. At this point I plan on looking into better rates and customer service thru other carriers. I don't feel valued for as long as I have been with AT&T


the 15.00 cost of each device on that plan is based on using a phone that is out of contract or purchased though the next plan, if any of the smartphone devices is under contract the cost is 40.00 a month

 

Message 112 of 574 (2,831 Views)
Expert

Re: Given misinformation on new mobile share plan. No fix. Only sorry


T-Boy wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

T-Boy wrote:

You are dreaming if you think the average person can keep a smartphone 4 or 5 years. Lost, broken, stolen, dead battery. etc. Your numbers don't add up. You don't save $50 a month unless there are multiple lines or you had the worse single line plan in America. If you have more than one line wait till one breaks, loses, or has a phone stolen and see how much you save. A new phone will add at least $25 a month to your bill for 26 months. Some might come out but most will not.


Sorry to disapoint you - kept my 3GS until just recently. Still in immaculate condition, no scratches no blemishes, battery atill holding charge. Prior to the 3GS I used a blackberry Pearl.


Why would you disappoint me, I don't care what phone you use. If you want to use a 3GS go ahead and stare at the screen wait for it to function.


boys and their toys, this is a refute to your unsubstantiated comment about upgrades and the time the average person keeps their phone

Message 113 of 574 (2,824 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Customer Service - 10GB plan


wingrider01 wrote:

luv4kris wrote:

I have had nothing but problems since I upgraded my phone and changed my plan to the 10GB plan. I was quoted the 145 a month. Never received that rate. Customer service has been no help. All I get from them is.... There's nothing I can do for you. Attempts to talk to supervisors has been another big deal. First one was unavailable and was suppose to call back within 24hours. Got a call 48hrs later in which I was not able to answer and was left an incorrect call back number. Went online to see if any changes had been made to fix my account. My account looked fixed online and conferred with an online chat representative. Everything looked correct. This month's bill... same issue. This time supervisior was very rude and unhelpful and ended up hanging up on me. I have been with AT&T/Cingular for 10-15 years. Keep being told I am a valued customer but I am unable to get the best rates or deals. Dont feel after so many years of being a customer I'm getting treated any differently then a new customer. AT&T should value their loyal customers that have continued their services thru buyouts/consolidations. At this point I plan on looking into better rates and customer service thru other carriers. I don't feel valued for as long as I have been with AT&T


the 15.00 cost of each device on that plan is based on using a phone that is out of contract or purchased though the next plan, if any of the smartphone devices is under contract the cost is 40.00 a month

 


Unless your upgrade was before the new plans were announced (Feb 3). An exception was made for lines already under contract. Any line with a 2 year contact started since Feb 3 gets the $40 rate. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 114 of 574 (2,824 Views)
Scholar

Re: Given misinformation on new mobile share plan. No fix. Only sorry

And AT&T Marketing Engineers created the Next Program because most people keep phones 4 or 5 years. Try to keep up with what is going on around you.
Message 115 of 574 (2,810 Views)
Contributor

Re: ATT $160 per month for 4 lines is not actually $160!!

I have been with AT&T for over 18 years and have 5 lines. I was so tired of paying 280.00 plus a month and finally gave in and called about the family share plan. I asked what was the "catch" or what was the fine print and was told there was no catch or fine print.  I was told it was the best option for us. 175.00 a month for 10Gigs to share and unlimited text and talk. should save me between 50 and 100 a month depending on taxes and insurances. I made sure to make this effective at the beginning of the next billing cycle. Waited a month to get my lower bill only to get a 363.00 bill! i called and was told that the first bill would be higher that 125.00 credits would be applied to my next bill making it only around 50.00. no biggy. i can handle that. Got my phone bill online yesterday it is 283.00! i spent my whole lunch hour on the phone with 3 different people trying to get this straight. i was finally told that because i had upgraded my phone and my sons phone last week that those two lines no longer qualify for the "discount". What discount! i am on a plan not a discount! i have now figured out that the 5 lines for 175.00 is a scam! I gave up unlimited data on one line (had since 2006) only to now have the same freaking bill!  They show each line to be 40.00 a month with a 25.00 a month credit. Making each line 15.00 with the primary line 100.00 plus 40.00 with the 25.00 credit. The two lines we upgraded phones on they show 40.00 a month NO CREDIT. They tell me that by upgrading we no longer qualify for the discount (25.00 credit) so now i am paying 40.00 bucks a line for those two numbers! I am tremendously disappointed in all this. I have called three times and it took the third person to be able to explain it in a way i understand what he was saying, not understand the why of it just what he was saying. It does not matter that no one at AT&T told me that you would not be able to upgrade your phones.  I only upgraded one line as it was eligible for a full upgrade and my sons line i paid full price for the phone as his phone was not eligible but was broke. I even ordered them online thru AT&T. I am so unhappy that after 18 years i am not an AT&T fan anymore! I will seriously consider finding another carrier now.

Message 116 of 574 (2,787 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: ATT $160 per month for 4 lines is not actually $160!!

well if you get a phone on contract you should pay more.  Sheesh it amazes me people dont read the fine print.  I knew when I swithed to this plan there were no more upgrades.  I just ordered the kids 4 moto g's to replace there crapy Iphone 4s.  those were 129 a peace from motorola.  so it will take 5.2 months to get my money back in savings.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 117 of 574 (2,761 Views)
Scholar

Re: ATT $160 per month for 4 lines is not actually $160!!

Thus is one of the examples i spoke about in my other post in which i complained about continuously being lied to by atnt. I was on10gig prior to february. I was told my rates would go down even on contract, i even reminded her i dont qualify because i am on contract and still paying off my phone and she said that doesnt matter, your phone is already paid for. So i said ok i will go up to 15 gigs with my savings. It wasnt until my march 15 payment that i learned i am not eligible for any discount on the 40per month phone charge after all. Yet it plainly says right here that i am!
Message 118 of 574 (2,662 Views)
Scholar

Re: ATT $160 per month for 4 lines is not actually $160!!


GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

well if you get a phone on contract you should pay more.  Sheesh it amazes me people dont read the fine print.  I knew when I swithed to this plan there were no more upgrades.  I just ordered the kids 4 moto g's to replace there crapy Iphone 4s.  those were 129 a peace from motorola.  so it will take 5.2 months to get my money back in savings.


It amazes you that people expect an ATT employee to know what they are talking about.  When you ask if I  upgrade my phone is the bill still the same and they tell you it will be the same.  Then you want to go back to the old plan and ATT has instructed its employees to tell you it cannot be done.  What is amazing is how bad this plan was rolled out.  Who trained the ATT employees??  I would say, no one.

Message 119 of 574 (2,642 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: ATT $160 per month for 4 lines is not actually $160!!


little birdy wrote:
Thus is one of the examples i spoke about in my other post in which i complained about continuously being lied to by atnt. I was on10gig prior to february. I was told my rates would go down even on contract, i even reminded her i dont qualify because i am on contract and still paying off my phone and she said that doesnt matter, your phone is already paid for. So i said ok i will go up to 15 gigs with my savings. It wasnt until my march 15 payment that i learned i am not eligible for any discount on the 40per month phone charge after all. Yet it plainly says right here that i am!

When did your contract start? If it started before Feb, you should be paying $15, not $40. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 120 of 574 (2,644 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.