Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 20, 2014
6:48:17 PM
Mobile Share Value Plans Questions and Discussion
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Apr 2, 2014 at 7:27:58 AM

Beware.. The $160 per month plan for 4 smart phones with ATT is pretty shadey. They don't tell you that you are required to pay for 4 smart phones at full retail price. Maybe that small detail is buried somewhere in the fine print when the adds on TV play, but make sure you know exactly what you are paying for before jumping onto this.... It's very, very tricky. 

Beware.. The $160 per month plan for 4 smart phones with ATT is pretty shadey. They don't tell you that you are required to pay for 4 smart phones at full retail price. Maybe that small detail is buried somewhere in the fine print when the adds on TV play, but make sure you know exactly what you are paying for before jumping onto this.... It's very, very tricky. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 22, 2014 2:53:54 PM
(0)
Employee

The plan itself is the following:

$100+40/smartphone+15/basic phone

You get a $25 credit per line for your smartphones under the following circumstances:

1. Your contract on your phone started prior to February 2, 2014.
  2. You are on next for your upgrade.
  3. You have no contract (applies to bring your own device).

If you do not meet the requirements for the credit you will not receive it.  You can evaluate how you want to get the device, however it breaks down that if you are on this new plan and want a new phone then bring your own device or next will come out costing you the least.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Mobile Share Value Plans Questions and Discussion

[ Edited ]
573 replies
(21) Me too
(21) Me too
View all replies
(573)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2014 5:00:36 PM
(0)
Teacher

I need to keep the 15GB because thats what we had before we switched to the new plan. If we do the ATT next, we will beable to keep the $15 per line? $15 per line plus upgrade ATT next depending on phone right? Say iPhone 5S is $27.08, that would be $15 plus $27.08 for 24 months (we always want to own the phone after throwing away money)? So technically its cheaper right since we won't have to pay activation fee?

I need to keep the 15GB because thats what we had before we switched to the new plan. If we do the ATT next, we will beable to keep the $15 per line? $15 per line plus upgrade ATT next depending on phone right? Say iPhone 5S is $27.08, that would be $15 plus $27.08 for 24 months (we always want to own the phone after throwing away money)? So technically its cheaper right since we won't have to pay activation fee?

Re: Right now I'm paying $228 total after tax and company dis...

391 of 574 (1,311 Views)
(2)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2014 6:07:10 PM
(2)
Contributor

When I went to the AT&T store to get a number changed the girl working their talked me right into getting the 10G plan. I had never heard of it. She told me with the company discount the plan would cost $145. per month total plus taxes thats it. I can have up to 4 smart phones on it and we would all share the 10G. Granted at that time I had two smart phones and one basic phone. I asked the woman who I am told has worked their for years repeated over and over because I asked her over and over that I would only pay $145. OK now my bill is $242. per month and of course down at the store they are saying they would never say that. LIE LIE LIE. I am an honest business man and I guess just a little on the stupid side for actually believing that an AT&T employee would actually tell me the truth. I called AT&T to complain and the woman I spoke with told me she is getting hundreds of calls with the same complaint that AT&T employee's are lying to get people signed up but that I screwed and their is nothing she could do to help me. she said AT&T knows what they are putting out but won't change it because most people don't find out until AFTER AFTER AFTER and let me re-iterate AFTER the 14 day grace period is up. when my contracts are up I'm leaving AT&T after 11 years of being a loyal and paying customer.

When I went to the AT&T store to get a number changed the girl working their talked me right into getting the 10G plan. I had never heard of it. She told me with the company discount the plan would cost $145. per month total plus taxes thats it. I can have up to 4 smart phones on it and we would all share the 10G. Granted at that time I had two smart phones and one basic phone. I asked the woman who I am told has worked their for years repeated over and over because I asked her over and over that I would only pay $145. OK now my bill is $242. per month and of course down at the store they are saying they would never say that. LIE LIE LIE. I am an honest business man and I guess just a little on the stupid side for actually believing that an AT&T employee would actually tell me the truth. I called AT&T to complain and the woman I spoke with told me she is getting hundreds of calls with the same complaint that AT&T employee's are lying to get people signed up but that I screwed and their is nothing she could do to help me. she said AT&T knows what they are putting out but won't change it because most people don't find out until AFTER AFTER AFTER and let me re-iterate AFTER the 14 day grace period is up. when my contracts are up I'm leaving AT&T after 11 years of being a loyal and paying customer.

Re: ATT $160 per month for 4 lines is not actually $160!!

392 of 574 (1,304 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2014 10:44:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

erickrenzo1229 wrote:

I don't know where you live....but T-Mobile is great in my area.  I already used their 7 day tryout.  I would not move anywhere if I was not sure.

Everyone has their case of where they can go.  I go where the plan is cheapest.

Currently: 4 X$160

2 new iphones...($200 each out of my pocket in Sept) - My bill is now $210 for 4 lines. ($25 more per line becasue I decided to upgrade. $35 or more if I choose the "Next plan...NOPE!)

T-Mobile:

4 lines $120 (2 with 3GB...2 with 1GB).

2 new iphones...($200 each out of my pocket in Sept) - My bill is now $160 ($120 service + $20 iphone 1 + $20 iphone 2)

I like saving $50/month.  I would even go to Sprint if the price was the same.

But eveyone has their own budgets and cirmustances. 

In the end....subsidicing your lines...or paying intallment prices......it all depends on who charges the least for service...and that is T-Mobile.  NO DOUBT.

Come to central IL and most of the midwest.  If you dont live in a big city and are in a rural area Tmobile is edge only.  Use zipcode 61821 which is champaign IL.  go bigger and tell me how there coverage is.  They have more holes than I can count

erickrenzo1229 wrote:

I don't know where you live....but T-Mobile is great in my area.  I already used their 7 day tryout.  I would not move anywhere if I was not sure.

2 new iphones...($200 each out of my pocket in Sept) - My bill is now $210 for 4 lines. ($25 more per line becasue I decided to upgrade. $35 or more if I choose the "Next plan...NOPE!)

T-Mobile:

2 new iphones...($200 each out of my pocket in Sept) - My bill is now $160 ($120 service + $20 iphone 1 + $20 iphone 2)

In the end....subsidicing your lines...or paying intallment prices......it all depends on who charges the least for service...and that is T-Mobile.  NO DOUBT.

Come to central IL and most of the midwest.  If you dont live in a big city and are in a rural area Tmobile is edge only.  Use zipcode 61821 which is champaign IL.  go bigger and tell me how there coverage is.  They have more holes than I can count

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: @cornettrc - The community is glad to assist you in whate...

393 of 574 (1,273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2014 10:48:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

erickrenzo1229 wrote:

T-Mobile:

you also never took into consideration the fact that if you dont get Iphones then you can save even more money.  I have unlocked devices on my account because I can get them cheap.  Wife has an unlocked m8 that I payed only 359 for.

erickrenzo1229 wrote:

T-Mobile:

you also never took into consideration the fact that if you dont get Iphones then you can save even more money.  I have unlocked devices on my account because I can get them cheap.  Wife has an unlocked m8 that I payed only 359 for.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: @cornettrc - The community is glad to assist you in whate...

394 of 574 (1,271 Views)
(2)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2014 8:47:22 PM
(2)
Contributor

That is what I thought and added a new line I have 3 lines and pay 196.00 monthy instead of the 160.00 and by the way its not including tax. nice way to get people to switch carriers. 

That is what I thought and added a new line I have 3 lines and pay 196.00 monthy instead of the 160.00 and by the way its not including tax. nice way to get people to switch carriers. 

Re: ATT $160 per month for 4 lines is not actually $160!!

395 of 574 (1,223 Views)
(2)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2014 6:36:03 AM
(2)
Contributor
Not one rep told me until TODAY when you upgrade a line on the new family 10g plan, which I was ENCOURAGED to convert to on Feb 10th to SAVE $$, your rate goes up $25! So much for saving and honest business practice. Why is that? It certainly doesn't cost Att any more, it's how they make $$, praying on unsuspecting loyal consumers. You should be ASHAMED att horrible business practice!
Not one rep told me until TODAY when you upgrade a line on the new family 10g plan, which I was ENCOURAGED to convert to on Feb 10th to SAVE $$, your rate goes up $25! So much for saving and honest business practice. Why is that? It certainly doesn't cost Att any more, it's how they make $$, praying on unsuspecting loyal consumers. You should be ASHAMED att horrible business practice!

ULTIMATE HIDDEN CHARGES & DUBIOUS TACTICS

396 of 574 (1,392 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2014 1:32:04 PM
(1)
ACE - Master

Art8y44 wrote:

Shame on you for not reading and fully understanding the new package you converted to back in February.  Shame on you for not reading your montholy bills and understanding them since Feb as well.  The details which you mention above, are all documented in the plan details, and in your monthly bills.

Your monthly bills for your plan indicate a line item for a $25/month discount for each phone that was off contract, or under a promotional agreement to get the off-contract discount if they were under contract prior to Feb 2014.  WHen you upgraded your phone and got a contract subsidized phone, you lost that $25 discount on that phone.  It was documented in the plan agreement you agreed to, as well as in the monthly bills.  This has even been in the forums here ever since March, as well as on the tech news and other forums, so shame on you for ignoring all the opportunities to learn what you should have before now.

When a customer signs a contract and gets a disount on a cell phone, they are paying for that discount somewhere.  In the past, AT&T used to "hide" that cost in your monthly service charges and if you happened to compelte your contract and continue on month-to-month without signing a new contract, well, you kept paying for that phone subsidy which you had already paid off.  In Feb of this year, AT&T decided to be more open about this, and started offing the $25/phone discount for users who had the 10GB or higher data plan and were out of contract.  As a deal to current customers who may have paid extra by not getting a discount after their contract was up, AT&T offered existing customers that same discount as off-contract customers as a promotional deal if your contract started on 2/1/2014 or before.  All in all, I would say that what AT&T has done has been more open about how they are charging customers than to try to hide charges from teh customers.  Many customers have not tried to understand this openness and just make many unvalid assumptions, and then get upset when they learn that their assumptions are incorrect even though they had many opportunities to understand the proper circumstances.

If you want to leave AT&T for them being open about their billing, and your making invalid assumptions, them by all means, please do so.  I hope that you will find another cellular provider who meets your expectations about all of their charges and fees.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

Art8y44 wrote:

Shame on you for not reading and fully understanding the new package you converted to back in February.  Shame on you for not reading your montholy bills and understanding them since Feb as well.  The details which you mention above, are all documented in the plan details, and in your monthly bills.

Your monthly bills for your plan indicate a line item for a $25/month discount for each phone that was off contract, or under a promotional agreement to get the off-contract discount if they were under contract prior to Feb 2014.  WHen you upgraded your phone and got a contract subsidized phone, you lost that $25 discount on that phone.  It was documented in the plan agreement you agreed to, as well as in the monthly bills.  This has even been in the forums here ever since March, as well as on the tech news and other forums, so shame on you for ignoring all the opportunities to learn what you should have before now.

When a customer signs a contract and gets a disount on a cell phone, they are paying for that discount somewhere.  In the past, AT&T used to "hide" that cost in your monthly service charges and if you happened to compelte your contract and continue on month-to-month without signing a new contract, well, you kept paying for that phone subsidy which you had already paid off.  In Feb of this year, AT&T decided to be more open about this, and started offing the $25/phone discount for users who had the 10GB or higher data plan and were out of contract.  As a deal to current customers who may have paid extra by not getting a discount after their contract was up, AT&T offered existing customers that same discount as off-contract customers as a promotional deal if your contract started on 2/1/2014 or before.  All in all, I would say that what AT&T has done has been more open about how they are charging customers than to try to hide charges from teh customers.  Many customers have not tried to understand this openness and just make many unvalid assumptions, and then get upset when they learn that their assumptions are incorrect even though they had many opportunities to understand the proper circumstances.

If you want to leave AT&T for them being open about their billing, and your making invalid assumptions, them by all means, please do so.  I hope that you will find another cellular provider who meets your expectations about all of their charges and fees.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Re: ULTIMATE HIDDEN CHARGES & DUBIOUS TACTICS

397 of 574 (1,362 Views)
(2)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2014 6:25:49 PM
(2)
Contributor

I think ATT has just driven me to another company. Sorry for the rant but I just want to keep people aware of how ATT mislead me. We had the family mobile share plan with 10gb data for our three smartphones. I found out tonight that if you upgrade with a two year contract the plan is no longer available. My new bill was $40 higher on top of the $40 upgrade fee just because I upgraded with a two year contract. My bill went from around $140 to $225 this month.

So be aware if you are on this plan you can only buy a phone outright or use the next plan to upgrade in order to keep the family mobile share plan. This is just plain stupid and will probably switch service when my other two phone's contracts are up.

You would think ATT would want to keep me another two years but would rather rip me off with the next plan.

I think ATT has just driven me to another company. Sorry for the rant but I just want to keep people aware of how ATT mislead me. We had the family mobile share plan with 10gb data for our three smartphones. I found out tonight that if you upgrade with a two year contract the plan is no longer available. My new bill was $40 higher on top of the $40 upgrade fee just because I upgraded with a two year contract. My bill went from around $140 to $225 this month.

So be aware if you are on this plan you can only buy a phone outright or use the next plan to upgrade in order to keep the family mobile share plan. This is just plain stupid and will probably switch service when my other two phone's contracts are up.

You would think ATT would want to keep me another two years but would rather rip me off with the next plan.

Last straw with ATT

398 of 574 (1,360 Views)
(2)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2014 7:33:04 PM
(2)
ACE - Master

Don't you understand what out of contract means? It is a big part of the requirements for the mobile share plan.

For you to get that pricing, your phone lines need to be out of contract. Once you get a new contract, you lose the $25 discount for any line that you put under a contract.

One way or another, you are going to pay for the phone, either by paying full price for the phone under NEXT over 20 - 26 months, by getting a subsidized phone and losing the $25 discount, or by paying full price for a phone up front.

You need to understand the terms of the agreement that you agreed to when you signed for the mobile share.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

Don't you understand what out of contract means? It is a big part of the requirements for the mobile share plan.

For you to get that pricing, your phone lines need to be out of contract. Once you get a new contract, you lose the $25 discount for any line that you put under a contract.

One way or another, you are going to pay for the phone, either by paying full price for the phone under NEXT over 20 - 26 months, by getting a subsidized phone and losing the $25 discount, or by paying full price for a phone up front.

You need to understand the terms of the agreement that you agreed to when you signed for the mobile share.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

Re: Last straw with ATT

399 of 574 (1,329 Views)
(2)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2014 7:45:15 PM
(2)
Contributor

I, too was misled. I am a very detail-oriented engineer and I called twice to get this right--just for a second opinion. I also read all the small print available on the ATT site. I was promised by two tech support agents that I would NEVER...both agents repeated this...NEVER have my rates changed. Even when my wife and I upgraded phones, our $25/mo rate would never change unless we changed something. That's three sources: 1) agent #1, 2) agent #2, and 3) the small print on the web site and order process. All of these sources bore false information which resulted in me being a marketing agent for ATT, I was so excited. I thought ATT was the best company ever, and now I've been lied to. If any ATT agent or executive reads my post, I can easily be made a life-time ATT prime marketer if you simply reverse this lie and return me to the plan I was promised. I would never have switched from my stone-age plan if this had not been offered to me. Thank you for (hopefully) listening to your loyal customers. I've been a customer as long as I've owned a cell phone (12 years), and I've convinced both my and my wife's family (8 people) to join ATT from their service providers as well as many friends over the years.

I, too was misled. I am a very detail-oriented engineer and I called twice to get this right--just for a second opinion. I also read all the small print available on the ATT site. I was promised by two tech support agents that I would NEVER...both agents repeated this...NEVER have my rates changed. Even when my wife and I upgraded phones, our $25/mo rate would never change unless we changed something. That's three sources: 1) agent #1, 2) agent #2, and 3) the small print on the web site and order process. All of these sources bore false information which resulted in me being a marketing agent for ATT, I was so excited. I thought ATT was the best company ever, and now I've been lied to. If any ATT agent or executive reads my post, I can easily be made a life-time ATT prime marketer if you simply reverse this lie and return me to the plan I was promised. I would never have switched from my stone-age plan if this had not been offered to me. Thank you for (hopefully) listening to your loyal customers. I've been a customer as long as I've owned a cell phone (12 years), and I've convinced both my and my wife's family (8 people) to join ATT from their service providers as well as many friends over the years.

400 of 574 (1,319 Views)
(2)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2014 5:26:12 AM
(2)
Contributor

I do understand what out of contract means. The problem is they never tell about this at the store. I was told there was only an upgrade fee of $40 and thats it. They even asked if I wanted to keep my plan the same. The last few times I have been in for something my plan was changed without mentioning any change was being made. I always had to call in and have changed back once I received my bill always with the excuse that the plan I had was no longer available. If they had told me that plan was no longer available at the store then fine. Not sure if problem is at the store level for not saying anything or higher ups making the changes after the fact.

I do understand what out of contract means. The problem is they never tell about this at the store. I was told there was only an upgrade fee of $40 and thats it. They even asked if I wanted to keep my plan the same. The last few times I have been in for something my plan was changed without mentioning any change was being made. I always had to call in and have changed back once I received my bill always with the excuse that the plan I had was no longer available. If they had told me that plan was no longer available at the store then fine. Not sure if problem is at the store level for not saying anything or higher ups making the changes after the fact.

401 of 574 (1,289 Views)
(2)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2014 5:45:58 PM
(2)
Contributor
Monopoly at its worst. They control the market and even the "open" forums. Every time I see the commercial my stomach churns! Greed greed and more greed, thanks for "solving" the issue by telling me to switch carriers, that's some genuine customer service. Keep drinking that company kool aid geeky boy!
Monopoly at its worst. They control the market and even the "open" forums. Every time I see the commercial my stomach churns! Greed greed and more greed, thanks for "solving" the issue by telling me to switch carriers, that's some genuine customer service. Keep drinking that company kool aid geeky boy!

Re: ULTIMATE HIDDEN CHARGES & DUBIOUS TACTICS

402 of 574 (1,247 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2014 6:57:29 PM
(0)
Mentor
T-Mobile - GOOD
T-Mobile - GOOD

T-Mobile - GOOD

403 of 574 (1,240 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2014 6:59:28 PM
(0)
Mentor
AT&T - BAD
AT&T - BAD

AT&T - BAD

404 of 574 (1,238 Views)
(2)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2014 12:04:50 AM
(2)
Tutor
MSV is actually a great deal. Everyone's bills with 4 phone on traditional plans would be 239.99 and phones would cost 199 a piece plus 40 upgrade fee. Now it's 260 and you just pay sales tax for a new phone up front and no fees. Plus the added bonus of getting a new phone quicker if you want. What's not to like? So take the iPhone 5s traditional up front with fees 959.96 MSV and NEXT up front 237.98 "it's $20 more a month!" You might say even if you go the entire agreement "24 months" that's $480 comes to $717.98 total cost after 2 years thats 241.98 savings. What's your complaint?
MSV is actually a great deal. Everyone's bills with 4 phone on traditional plans would be 239.99 and phones would cost 199 a piece plus 40 upgrade fee. Now it's 260 and you just pay sales tax for a new phone up front and no fees. Plus the added bonus of getting a new phone quicker if you want. What's not to like? So take the iPhone 5s traditional up front with fees 959.96 MSV and NEXT up front 237.98 "it's $20 more a month!" You might say even if you go the entire agreement "24 months" that's $480 comes to $717.98 total cost after 2 years thats 241.98 savings. What's your complaint?

MSV is actually a great deal. Everyone's bills with 4 pho...

405 of 574 (1,205 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2014 12:06:39 AM
(1)
Tutor
Ps I've done the math for all carriers wanna save $20? Switch to t-mobile and have awful service in most places.
Ps I've done the math for all carriers wanna save $20? Switch to t-mobile and have awful service in most places.

Ps I've done the math for all carriers wanna save $20? Sw...

406 of 574 (1,204 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2014 5:14:08 AM
(1)
Visitor
Awhile back an employee told me if I switch to the Mobile Share plan (I had 3 IPhones) it would save me money each month. I checked it out and I did switch. That employee as well as others at a later time told me I could also add a line and I could have a total of four lines for $160 per month. I'm sure you have all seen their commercial as well that says; " Have up to four lines with AT&T Mobile Share for $160 a month. ". Once again I doubled checked with employee since I wanted to add another IPhone for my mother. I was told I could do this and her line would be the same as the other two extras on my account. Those two only pay $19.13 a month each. So I got my mom a new iphone and she dropped hers off my uncles plan because hers was costing more than that for a regular phone, not a smart phone. We made this change on July 2nd. I received my bill yesterday which was almost $300. $40 was activation fee that I was not told about and when I added the other two, I did not have to pay for activation. And the bill also said that her phone would be $40 per month with of course all the other extra charges which will put it around $50 or more. I called ATT. I was told that other price did not apply when adding a new phone line. I explained I was never told this when I explained to their employees what I wanted to do. Also I brought up the TV commercial that says up to four lines for $160 a month with Mobile Share and it doesn't say only with lines you already have. The supervisor said the commercial does say this in the small print. I was furious then. Like I said to him, "You don't have enough time to read the small print on a commercial". He said "Well it's there". Now why would they even run this commercial if not intended to trick people as I was tricked? Think about it, why run that commercial to let people who already have more than one line with them know that they can save money by switching to mobile share. This only causes them to lose money and many businesses would pay the price of a commercial only to allow their customers to pay less money. That is not how businesses operate. They do not have the customer best interest when airing the commercial, but intend on people doing exactly what I did which was get screwed by AT&T. Apparently they only changed this plan to only include lines/phones you already have with them on Feb. 28, 2014. I am so angry. I can't afford the extra cost. My mother cannot afford it either so I will not even tell her about it. We would never had deleted her old account if I would have been told the truth.
Awhile back an employee told me if I switch to the Mobile Share plan (I had 3 IPhones) it would save me money each month. I checked it out and I did switch. That employee as well as others at a later time told me I could also add a line and I could have a total of four lines for $160 per month. I'm sure you have all seen their commercial as well that says; " Have up to four lines with AT&T Mobile Share for $160 a month. ". Once again I doubled checked with employee since I wanted to add another IPhone for my mother. I was told I could do this and her line would be the same as the other two extras on my account. Those two only pay $19.13 a month each. So I got my mom a new iphone and she dropped hers off my uncles plan because hers was costing more than that for a regular phone, not a smart phone. We made this change on July 2nd. I received my bill yesterday which was almost $300. $40 was activation fee that I was not told about and when I added the other two, I did not have to pay for activation. And the bill also said that her phone would be $40 per month with of course all the other extra charges which will put it around $50 or more. I called ATT. I was told that other price did not apply when adding a new phone line. I explained I was never told this when I explained to their employees what I wanted to do. Also I brought up the TV commercial that says up to four lines for $160 a month with Mobile Share and it doesn't say only with lines you already have. The supervisor said the commercial does say this in the small print. I was furious then. Like I said to him, "You don't have enough time to read the small print on a commercial". He said "Well it's there". Now why would they even run this commercial if not intended to trick people as I was tricked? Think about it, why run that commercial to let people who already have more than one line with them know that they can save money by switching to mobile share. This only causes them to lose money and many businesses would pay the price of a commercial only to allow their customers to pay less money. That is not how businesses operate. They do not have the customer best interest when airing the commercial, but intend on people doing exactly what I did which was get screwed by AT&T. Apparently they only changed this plan to only include lines/phones you already have with them on Feb. 28, 2014. I am so angry. I can't afford the extra cost. My mother cannot afford it either so I will not even tell her about it. We would never had deleted her old account if I would have been told the truth.

ATT mislead and employees lied about Mobile Share

407 of 574 (1,313 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2014 10:09:26 AM
(1)
Contributor

I too feel mislead by AT&T. We changed over to the mobile share plan. We have 3 smartphones and 2 basic phones. They promoted the fact that since we were joining in the midst of our contracts we would receive the $25 discount per smart phone on the line. Well, now our contracts are nearing the end. We were planning on upgrading the two basic phones and replacing one of the smartphones that has never worked properly (which customer service has also never taken care of). Imagine my shock when they told me the bill would now be about $330 per month effectiveley doublling our bill. We have been with this provider since the mid 90's, suffered through the changes of the cingular merge and stayed. I was told that for my loyalty I was currently receiving $25 credit per smart phone. That's not loyalty, that was open to anyone changing over. They suggested we buy 2nd hand phones off of ebay. Been there, done that and it was a disaster. We are researching other phone companies now and will be making the move to T-Mobile before our contracts are up. If your contract is nearing completion, I suggest you make a move too. This company does not care about your loyalty.

I too feel mislead by AT&T. We changed over to the mobile share plan. We have 3 smartphones and 2 basic phones. They promoted the fact that since we were joining in the midst of our contracts we would receive the $25 discount per smart phone on the line. Well, now our contracts are nearing the end. We were planning on upgrading the two basic phones and replacing one of the smartphones that has never worked properly (which customer service has also never taken care of). Imagine my shock when they told me the bill would now be about $330 per month effectiveley doublling our bill. We have been with this provider since the mid 90's, suffered through the changes of the cingular merge and stayed. I was told that for my loyalty I was currently receiving $25 credit per smart phone. That's not loyalty, that was open to anyone changing over. They suggested we buy 2nd hand phones off of ebay. Been there, done that and it was a disaster. We are researching other phone companies now and will be making the move to T-Mobile before our contracts are up. If your contract is nearing completion, I suggest you make a move too. This company does not care about your loyalty.

Re: ATT mislead and employees lied about Mobile Share

408 of 574 (1,256 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2014 11:45:36 AM
(1)
Contributor

Hello All,

The exact same thing happened to me with the Share plan but I have 10 gig and up to 10 lines.  I asked every question every which way I could think because this seemed too good to be true.  When I converted I saved money.  I didn't go to add a line, I went to upgrade a phone that was failing and outside the 2year commitment.  When I went to get a new phone I was told the discounted price of the line from $40.00 - $25 = $15 per line, would be lost and it would now cost me $40.00 for the line that I already had.

I spent at least 5 hours on the phone with various levels of AT&T staff expressing my unhappiness and then anger.  They kept telling me they were listening to the customer.  I told them they were NOT listening to this customer.

I feel very lied to and cheated.  There is still no resolve for me other than to keep using my failing phone or pay $40.00 per line.

They have offered to reinstate my expensive configuration from before.  That doesn't sound like a good customer focused solution.  

I simply want to upgrade my phone and keep the provided $15.00 a line as promised by AT&T while they converted me.

Hello All,

The exact same thing happened to me with the Share plan but I have 10 gig and up to 10 lines.  I asked every question every which way I could think because this seemed too good to be true.  When I converted I saved money.  I didn't go to add a line, I went to upgrade a phone that was failing and outside the 2year commitment.  When I went to get a new phone I was told the discounted price of the line from $40.00 - $25 = $15 per line, would be lost and it would now cost me $40.00 for the line that I already had.

I spent at least 5 hours on the phone with various levels of AT&T staff expressing my unhappiness and then anger.  They kept telling me they were listening to the customer.  I told them they were NOT listening to this customer.

I feel very lied to and cheated.  There is still no resolve for me other than to keep using my failing phone or pay $40.00 per line.

They have offered to reinstate my expensive configuration from before.  That doesn't sound like a good customer focused solution.  

I simply want to upgrade my phone and keep the provided $15.00 a line as promised by AT&T while they converted me.

409 of 574 (1,234 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2014 4:31:11 PM
(1)
Tutor

I’ve had nothing but lies from ATT since I signed up for the Family Share Plan w/ 2GB of data.  I was told my bill would go down to 104 a month, including tax, from 125 by switching over.

I have 2 iPhones and a basic phone with no internet or texting. 

The first month my bill was 158.00.  The person that sold me the plan but the basic phone on a 200mb plan plus a texting plan. I called and they told me they got is straight.  Yeah right!

The next month the bill was 137.00.  The changed the plan around for the basic phone and still got it wrong! 

The next month it looked like they got it right the bill was 104 including tax.

I just got my new statement and the bill is 122.  I call yet again and find out that’s what it was supposed to be originally.  The ^&^*# bill is so tuff to read, but I got it figured out.

I have a corporate discount that takes 15.00 of each iPhone, BUT, I get to pay for the privilege of having the plan.

So it’s 40.00 just to have it, then 40 per smart phone and 20 for the basic phone, minus my discount.  That’s not the way it was sold to me, it’s not the way they advertise it, either.

And as an added plus, I find out I still have a year commitment on the iPhones, but yet I’m eligible for upgrades.

I really want to dump ATT even though I’ve been a customer for over 20 years going back to when they were Bellsouth Mobility.

Well, I’m gonna see which carrier will buy out my contract and I’m gonna switch one way or the other. 

I’m tried of hassling with ATT.  I’m tired of being lied to about phone plans.

I’ve had nothing but lies from ATT since I signed up for the Family Share Plan w/ 2GB of data.  I was told my bill would go down to 104 a month, including tax, from 125 by switching over.

I have 2 iPhones and a basic phone with no internet or texting. 

The first month my bill was 158.00.  The person that sold me the plan but the basic phone on a 200mb plan plus a texting plan. I called and they told me they got is straight.  Yeah right!

The next month the bill was 137.00.  The changed the plan around for the basic phone and still got it wrong! 

The next month it looked like they got it right the bill was 104 including tax.

I just got my new statement and the bill is 122.  I call yet again and find out that’s what it was supposed to be originally.  The ^&^*# bill is so tuff to read, but I got it figured out.

I have a corporate discount that takes 15.00 of each iPhone, BUT, I get to pay for the privilege of having the plan.

So it’s 40.00 just to have it, then 40 per smart phone and 20 for the basic phone, minus my discount.  That’s not the way it was sold to me, it’s not the way they advertise it, either.

And as an added plus, I find out I still have a year commitment on the iPhones, but yet I’m eligible for upgrades.

I really want to dump ATT even though I’ve been a customer for over 20 years going back to when they were Bellsouth Mobility.

Well, I’m gonna see which carrier will buy out my contract and I’m gonna switch one way or the other. 

I’m tried of hassling with ATT.  I’m tired of being lied to about phone plans.

410 of 574 (1,192 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2014 1:27:39 PM
(1)
Contributor
I must say that after being wit a company for 10 years, it's a shame of what AT&T has come to! We started a family mobile share plan and had 2 phone upgrades. So of the 3 phone lines, 2 of them were used to upgrade to a newer version of the iPhone. When we went to the AT&T store we specifically asked before signing any papers to make sure the plan would stay the same and the prices would stay the same. The customer services rep assured us numerous times the only thing that will be different is a better phone, no added charges. Well come the next month, our bill was raised $50 because the $25/line discount we had before was and is now removed from our plan. No changes to minutes/data or anything. This is beyond frustrating as the company hires people who lie to get you I make a purchase. Had we know our bill would go up +$600/yr we would never, ever have upgraded our phones. That's not what was important. Trust and loyalty is what is important and ATT has helped in no way to fix this. Even talking with a Jessica Gomez supervisor she had absolutely no sympathy nor was she even polite when we spoke. This is disgusting! We even said that we wanted out of this contract and she said it would cost over $750 to break it!!!!!! I have never felt more betrayed by a company in my life. I hope no one else gets fooled by their awful ploy to buy their upgraded phones!!!!!!!! Sham on you AT&T. Or shame on myself for trusting a company for over 19 years. I can not wait to be out of this contract and signed with a better, more reliable phone company!
I must say that after being wit a company for 10 years, it's a shame of what AT&T has come to! We started a family mobile share plan and had 2 phone upgrades. So of the 3 phone lines, 2 of them were used to upgrade to a newer version of the iPhone. When we went to the AT&T store we specifically asked before signing any papers to make sure the plan would stay the same and the prices would stay the same. The customer services rep assured us numerous times the only thing that will be different is a better phone, no added charges. Well come the next month, our bill was raised $50 because the $25/line discount we had before was and is now removed from our plan. No changes to minutes/data or anything. This is beyond frustrating as the company hires people who lie to get you I make a purchase. Had we know our bill would go up +$600/yr we would never, ever have upgraded our phones. That's not what was important. Trust and loyalty is what is important and ATT has helped in no way to fix this. Even talking with a Jessica Gomez supervisor she had absolutely no sympathy nor was she even polite when we spoke. This is disgusting! We even said that we wanted out of this contract and she said it would cost over $750 to break it!!!!!! I have never felt more betrayed by a company in my life. I hope no one else gets fooled by their awful ploy to buy their upgraded phones!!!!!!!! Sham on you AT&T. Or shame on myself for trusting a company for over 19 years. I can not wait to be out of this contract and signed with a better, more reliable phone company!

Unbelievable Customer Service!!!!

411 of 574 (1,145 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2014 4:32:46 PM
(1)
Contributor

I upgraded my iPhone to the 5s. I was NEVER told that I would lose my mobile share discount by using the 2 year contract commitment rather than the Next installment rip off. I don't want to pay almost $800 for a phone! 

Why do they penalize me for agreeing to a commitment? 

I was never told of a choice anyway. I only find out as I just mreceived my new bill. Of course the 14 day return is over. 

My other complaint is that when I shanged to a mobile share paln I was told I had to go to the 10GB shared data. (This was months ago) I find out today that I can have as little as I want. We don't use 4GB a month, why have I been paying for 10. I wasn't told!

If I could, I'd switch carriers now. 

I've been a customer since the 90's.

Very unhappy. I used to be happy.

I upgraded my iPhone to the 5s. I was NEVER told that I would lose my mobile share discount by using the 2 year contract commitment rather than the Next installment rip off. I don't want to pay almost $800 for a phone! 

Why do they penalize me for agreeing to a commitment? 

I was never told of a choice anyway. I only find out as I just mreceived my new bill. Of course the 14 day return is over. 

My other complaint is that when I shanged to a mobile share paln I was told I had to go to the 10GB shared data. (This was months ago) I find out today that I can have as little as I want. We don't use 4GB a month, why have I been paying for 10. I wasn't told!

If I could, I'd switch carriers now. 

I've been a customer since the 90's.

Very unhappy. I used to be happy.

Long term customer unhappy

412 of 574 (1,125 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2014 4:57:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

I don't know why my post was moved to this thread. I certainly don't think it was "solved"! Moving it is just rude on top of the felling I have for AT&T right now. 

How in the world is this "solved"?

I don't know why my post was moved to this thread. I certainly don't think it was "solved"! Moving it is just rude on top of the felling I have for AT&T right now. 

How in the world is this "solved"?

Re: Long term customer unhappy

413 of 574 (1,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2014 6:34:34 PM
(0)
Mentor
They also removed the ability to give kudos to comments like yours!

This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential and/or proprietary to DaySpring Cards. If you feel you've received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
They also removed the ability to give kudos to comments like yours!

This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential and/or proprietary to DaySpring Cards. If you feel you've received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Re: Long term customer unhappy

414 of 574 (1,073 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2014 9:46:11 PM
(1)
Tutor
Yeah they duped us in to an upgrade lying about price

415 of 574 (1,061 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2014 1:25:45 PM
(1)
Voyager

I'm so glad to see that I am not the only one disappointed in this new Next Installment thing. It is absolutely ridiculous! My son saved his money for a new phone and rather than being able to buy it with a 2 year contract which will result in a loss for Mobile Share Value discounts if you choose this option, you pay the Next Installment which is more than the $25 discount, so in the end we LOOSE! You might as well just buy the phone for the No Contract price, you end up paying the same in the end. Guess I should have kept my old plan as well since it would be less at this point if we upgrade all our lines. Spoke to AT&T and voiced my fustration and anger since I have been a customer for 22 Years, they were not helpful, just kept getting the same response over and over, "but with the next installment plan you can get a new phone in only 12 or 18 months and the payments will end". I don't give a crap about getting a new phone sooner! And I never got the answer to my other question in response to their statement, "So if I upgrade after the 12 or 18 months, there are NO MORE installment fees, ever? Even for a new phone?" Just got the same crap repeated over and over. UGH! Had to vent! So fustrating!

I'm so glad to see that I am not the only one disappointed in this new Next Installment thing. It is absolutely ridiculous! My son saved his money for a new phone and rather than being able to buy it with a 2 year contract which will result in a loss for Mobile Share Value discounts if you choose this option, you pay the Next Installment which is more than the $25 discount, so in the end we LOOSE! You might as well just buy the phone for the No Contract price, you end up paying the same in the end. Guess I should have kept my old plan as well since it would be less at this point if we upgrade all our lines. Spoke to AT&T and voiced my fustration and anger since I have been a customer for 22 Years, they were not helpful, just kept getting the same response over and over, "but with the next installment plan you can get a new phone in only 12 or 18 months and the payments will end". I don't give a crap about getting a new phone sooner! And I never got the answer to my other question in response to their statement, "So if I upgrade after the 12 or 18 months, there are NO MORE installment fees, ever? Even for a new phone?" Just got the same crap repeated over and over. UGH! Had to vent! So fustrating!

Re: Mobile Share Value Plans Questions and Discussion

416 of 574 (1,017 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2014 1:38:53 PM
(1)
Mentor
Att wasnt clear i called in she said when I was on the phone with her i would save money if i changed plans she said it includes unlimited minutes unlimited text and 10gb data shared, when i wanted to go back to the old plan they said no. She didn't explain that i wouldn't be able to or how it would work. Or any details of the plan. Of what I was losing.
Att wasnt clear i called in she said when I was on the phone with her i would save money if i changed plans she said it includes unlimited minutes unlimited text and 10gb data shared, when i wanted to go back to the old plan they said no. She didn't explain that i wouldn't be able to or how it would work. Or any details of the plan. Of what I was losing.

Re: Family plan is not as advertised.

417 of 574 (1,015 Views)
(2)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2014 5:50:06 PM
(2)
Voyager

We too suffered the same with AT&T.  I called on 8/5 and moved to the Mobile Share Plan after discussing with various AT&T reps.  The last rep I spoke with, "Cliff", was well aware that I would be upgrading my iPhone to a Samsung.  Matter of fact, we went over the differences between the Note and Galaxy 5.  The phone I selected was out of stock online so he told me to check back on Thursday as that is when the online store restocks.  He was also aware that my husband would be changing his basic phone to my daughter's old HTC One; thereby increasing our lines to 4 phones with data plans.  After going over step by step what the costs would be, I took the plunge and switched to Mobile Share giving up the unlimited data plan on my phone.  We were paying $20 (2 GB) and $30 (3 GB)/month for data on the other 2 phones with data on our plan.  Overall, the Mobile Share Plan would save us $45 month and allow us to add data to my husband's line.  Nothing was ever mentioned to me about losing the $25/month discount if I upgraded.  Cliff was well aware of the phone and 2 year commitment pricing I was interested in.  And he was aware of our intention for my husband's phone.  I only found out about the loss in discount when we went to activate my husband's SIM card for the HTC.  Even though we brought our own device, our $45/month savings would have gone down to $20/month had we kept the plan.  When I quizzed them about me upgrading, I was then told that my phone would no longer have the $25/month discount.  With the loss of these two discounts, our bill increased by $5/month compared to our old plan.  My daughters tend to upgrade so our $5/month upcharge could potentially increase to $55/month from our old plan.  I filed a case and was advised that they would get me my old unlimited data plan back.  Anya, the supervisor, offered to give us the $20/month 2 GB plan for my husband's phone.  Within a week, I noticed that our plan had changed back (no courtesy email from AT&T as promised) but my husband's phone did not have the data plan added as offered by Anya.  When I contacted AT&T via chat, I was told that there was no mention of it in the case and the manager said she would not be able to offer me this plan.  After 20 years of loyalty, I am thoroughly disappointed in AT&T and how we have been treated.  As I mentioned to this last manager, I am not asking for the moon.  I was only asking for what one of AT&T's employees (a supervisor no less) offered me.  We are already researching other cell phone providers based on this experience.  

We too suffered the same with AT&T.  I called on 8/5 and moved to the Mobile Share Plan after discussing with various AT&T reps.  The last rep I spoke with, "Cliff", was well aware that I would be upgrading my iPhone to a Samsung.  Matter of fact, we went over the differences between the Note and Galaxy 5.  The phone I selected was out of stock online so he told me to check back on Thursday as that is when the online store restocks.  He was also aware that my husband would be changing his basic phone to my daughter's old HTC One; thereby increasing our lines to 4 phones with data plans.  After going over step by step what the costs would be, I took the plunge and switched to Mobile Share giving up the unlimited data plan on my phone.  We were paying $20 (2 GB) and $30 (3 GB)/month for data on the other 2 phones with data on our plan.  Overall, the Mobile Share Plan would save us $45 month and allow us to add data to my husband's line.  Nothing was ever mentioned to me about losing the $25/month discount if I upgraded.  Cliff was well aware of the phone and 2 year commitment pricing I was interested in.  And he was aware of our intention for my husband's phone.  I only found out about the loss in discount when we went to activate my husband's SIM card for the HTC.  Even though we brought our own device, our $45/month savings would have gone down to $20/month had we kept the plan.  When I quizzed them about me upgrading, I was then told that my phone would no longer have the $25/month discount.  With the loss of these two discounts, our bill increased by $5/month compared to our old plan.  My daughters tend to upgrade so our $5/month upcharge could potentially increase to $55/month from our old plan.  I filed a case and was advised that they would get me my old unlimited data plan back.  Anya, the supervisor, offered to give us the $20/month 2 GB plan for my husband's phone.  Within a week, I noticed that our plan had changed back (no courtesy email from AT&T as promised) but my husband's phone did not have the data plan added as offered by Anya.  When I contacted AT&T via chat, I was told that there was no mention of it in the case and the manager said she would not be able to offer me this plan.  After 20 years of loyalty, I am thoroughly disappointed in AT&T and how we have been treated.  As I mentioned to this last manager, I am not asking for the moon.  I was only asking for what one of AT&T's employees (a supervisor no less) offered me.  We are already researching other cell phone providers based on this experience.  

Re: Mobile Share Value Plans Questions and Discussion

418 of 574 (987 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2014 9:33:04 PM
(1)
Contributor
AT&T - Lying no good schmucks!

419 of 574 (953 Views)
(2)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2014 10:59:04 PM
(2)
ACE - Master

it amazes me that people think a phone costs 200 dollars.  the 25 discount is if you bring your own phone pay out right or the next plan.

The reason you lose your discount on a contract upgrade is they have to make the money back from the substudie of the phone.

it amazes me that people think a phone costs 200 dollars.  the 25 discount is if you bring your own phone pay out right or the next plan.

The reason you lose your discount on a contract upgrade is they have to make the money back from the substudie of the phone.

Re: AT&T - Lying no good schmucks!

420 of 574 (949 Views)