Need help understanding your bill?
bobsmith9000's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 21st, 2014 2:48 AM

Mobile Share Value Plans Questions and Discussion

Beware.. The $160 per month plan for 4 smart phones with ATT is pretty shadey. They don't tell you that you are required to pay for 4 smart phones at full retail price. Maybe that small detail is buried somewhere in the fine print when the adds on TV play, but make sure you know exactly what you are paying for before jumping onto this.... It's very, very tricky. 

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

9 years ago

Yeah...I believe you.

Every time someone mentions "try T-Mobile" they ALL cry "I've tried it". And give these ridiculous stories. Like the one you just mentioned. "T-Mobile removed my town from their map". COME ON!!!! Yeah. That is great business practice for any company, so I believe you.

SCARE TACK TICKS

what is funny is that AT&T doesn't have to put people like you to scare people. People on their 2 year plan and whatever Next plan they have is SCARY by themselves. I mean, you want to get out of AT&T and switch to any other provider and you will be paying a minimum of $250 per line. That is what keeps people STUCK on AT&T.

But times will change....I know it will.

" AT&T had much weaker performance on that front, and lost 322,000 postpaid phone customers in the second quarter,"

Umm....and T-Mobile added over 700,000 post paid subscribers in Q2.

Change is coming....and TRUST was another reason why I LEFT AT&T And went to T-Mobile.

I just don't trust AT&T as a company and especially their customer service and REPS at stores. WOW....the stories I have. LOL

OH. ...and it is a great promo 4 phones for $120 10 GB each. But if you don't want that then get 4 phones for $100

They have a lot of plans that are better than AT&T

Oh and when you finish paying off your EIP, they won't STILL charge you $15 a line to get data....jajaja. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@erickrenzo1229

you may not believe me but coverage maps dont lie.  I know people that work at the tmobile store.  The town is flat and there are no other gaps in the edge coverage they just removed that area so its listed as unservicable in there system.  You cant blame them 2g is just to slow.

tm2.PNG

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

The other thing is att is not really that expensive if you have fan discout.  we get 30gigs of data with 6 lines and its 187.50 a month before taxes with double data promo.  To me thats not that bad.  Then again we only buy unlocked phones anyway.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

@erickrenzo1229

"....lizdance40

It shows how much you know about T-Mobile. You don't even know enough about AT&T that you keep blaming customers for AT&T mistakes.

I switched to T-Mobile for 4 lines $100 2.5GB EACH

NOW I just switched to 4 Lines $120 10 GB EACH.

So where you come up with $100 + 30 + 30 is beyond ME!! Must be another AT&T "SCARE" tack tick to keep customers UNAWARE of other providers.

Oh and BAD network?? DONT KNOCK IT until you TRIED IT!!

I THOUGHT THE SAME WAY, UNTIL I GOT THE NERVE TO TRY T-MOBILE. AND BELIEVE ME.....BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER DONE!!!

I now save $60 per month and have more DATA!

My monthly bill right now $175 a month for 4 lines 10GB EACH

AT&T would have been over $240 sharing 10GB

EASY DECISION!!!....."

.......interesting, I didn't quote you that. And who ever did, you quoted it back wrong. $100 for 10 GBS of data and 4 lines at $15 each.
My account has 30 GBS of data for $130 6 phones and 2 tablets, monthly total $240. We don't even come close to using up our data. And my family gets full coverage across the country when traveling. Something they could not get with Sprint or T-Mobile.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

9 years ago

Again....you guys are fine with your OLD phones. That is what AT&T WANTS. THEY want to just cut off Apple and Samsung and charge you extra $$$

You like to live that way...that is fine

I like a NEW phones every YEAR. IF I go with AT&T its $27 more a month per line. 6X27= $162 on top of your $240 a month!!!!! Oh that would be $402!!! so keep buying your used phones.

YOU are paying $15 a month, per line, for NO REASON!!!

And 30GB SHARED is $230. But I know what you are going to say you pay the $130 for 15 GB AND AT&T doubled it. I know when they had that promotion. It was just a way AT&T  have you pay for your own phone separately. Else you would run like everyone else

They know $15 on top of your EIP is ridiculous. And for you to over look it. They gave you FREE double data to Stay PUT and quiet.

What bothers me is that people BLAME other customers for AT&T SNEAKY tricks. Customers will ONLY see it when they upgrade or get a new phone. And that is what is happening here. More and more people will find out about these tricks and run away from AT&T.

[Inappropriate content removed]

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

Old phones? I have an unlocked s6 920f, nexus 4,5,6, s6 920i, unlocked
note 4. Just picked up a g4 815 unlocked for 349.99. I get phones all the
time. Kids have zenphone 2 and I will swap those out for motor x 2015's.

The x2 data promo is just like the promo att is running.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

This is exactly why we haven't switched to the new MSV plans, it would require us to use the next plan or pay full retail when it was time to upgrade, and the cost just isn't worth it - Next would more than double the actual cost of the iPhone vs signing a 2 year contract and getting a subsidised phone.  We would be getting more data under an MSV and saving like $3 a month on the plan, but add in the cost of the phone, and we aren't saving anything.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

@MrsCLeeC

ATT  is ending 2 year contracts.  Verizon ended 2 year contracts on August 13.   T-Mobile ended 2 year contracts 2 years ago.  Sprint leases phones. 

The next time you upgrade, you will probably have to use Next installment, especially if you remain on the older plan.

The U.S. Carriers are following the European model, where customers buy their own phones at full price.   Carriers provide low cost service only.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@MrsCLeeC wrote:

This is exactly why we haven't switched to the new MSV plans, it would require us to use the next plan or pay full retail when it was time to upgrade, and the cost just isn't worth it - Next would more than double the actual cost of the iPhone vs signing a 2 year contract and getting a subsidised phone.  We would be getting more data under an MSV and saving like $3 a month on the plan, but add in the cost of the phone, and we aren't saving anything.

before long all carriers are not going to have subsidised phones...  There is no reason for them to have them.  If your using a crapple phone you will pay higher prices.  This way is going to make apple have to lower there prices to the point they are actually cost effective.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

same thiing happened to me I was running $20 over a month on bill the CSR said he had a better plan i asked him 5xs if he was sure the next bill i got was 1000.  never got it resolved after months of trying now i have a bill of $3000 after i wrote Mr stephenson.  I have been with att 20 years i am so upset

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.