Need help understanding your bill?
bobsmith9000's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 21st, 2014 2:48 AM

Mobile Share Value Plans Questions and Discussion

Beware.. The $160 per month plan for 4 smart phones with ATT is pretty shadey. They don't tell you that you are required to pay for 4 smart phones at full retail price. Maybe that small detail is buried somewhere in the fine print when the adds on TV play, but make sure you know exactly what you are paying for before jumping onto this.... It's very, very tricky. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

9 years ago

Your were told your phone purchase would be offset my a discount you would receive on your account.
How is it you didn't know you were already getting a discount?

You should not blame the sales person, who has no access to your account, for information you should have been able to provide. As in, ".... but I already have a line discount of $25 on this line..."
It's your account, your money, your job to know what your status is.

The line discount for paying for your phone has only been around for 16 months. How soon we forget?

FYI. All carriers have similar plans, you have to buy your own phone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Got contract from radio shack. First version of HTC 1x. Signed contract saying 70 dollars a month. HTC phone died on me. Yes had no insurance. Sent me new phone. Then sent old one back. Said I had moisture damage. The new phone water tab looked the same. Regardless. The monthly payment went from 70 to over 150. And not because replacement. Higher bill was applied before first phone malfunction. Bill got so big I couldn't afford it. My family all has At&t. And uverse. So it was easier for me to purchase att go for 60 a month. 10 less than contract. Now I'm being screwed on data access. I've tried to convey my experience with customer service. To no avail. My family now is contemplating switching providers. Just be aware. Have sent letter to Better Business Bureau. And seeking legal actions.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

9 years ago

@madmullen
So why was the bill almost double? Data overage? Did you get other new phones on contract? Don't understand ....

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

9 years ago

Don't put the BLAME on the customer.  It "has" been over 16 months when AT&T decided to play games and start adding these discounts, fees, etc.  (It is a process I called out a year ago, in this FORUM.)  That is why I LEFT.  I don't like being charged rediculous FEES.

And all the other providers are NOT like AT&T, where they charge you $15 per line. (or shall we say $40, if you are in a 2 year contract)

In T-Mobile, you pay for your lines, then add the price of the phone per month.

AT&T now pushes for you to pay for your lines, ADD a $15 per line fee, and then pay for your phone per month.

Not to mention you are paying $15 to get "shared" data that they can charge you overages when you go over.

AT&T is ALL ABOUT how much money they can get OUT of YOU!!!.....that is why I left!!!!

Oh...and they just raised their 2 year contract FEE by $5....and they will now charge you a "FEE" when you join the "Next" program........jajajaja....WHAT a JOKE!!!!!

I feel SO SORRY for you guys.....

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

9 years ago

@erickrenzo1229

All carriers are ala carte now, including T-Mobile.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

9 years ago

@lizdance40

Yes, all are ala carte, but AT&T is the only one that charges you $15/month on TOP of your ala carte. Or the way they like to call it...a $25 discount per line.

TRICKS!!!!

call it a $15 fee and END IT!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

9 years ago

Verizon has the exact same price structure, line fee and discounts with the more everything plan.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@erickrenzo1229 wrote:
@lizdance40

Yes, all are ala carte, but AT&T is the only one that charges you $15/month on TOP of your ala carte. Or the way they like to call it...a $25 discount per line.

TRICKS!!!!

call it a $15 fee and END IT!!!

its not that hard to figure out.  att charges 100 for 10gigs of data and 15 for 4 phones that equals 160.00....

Tmobile...  (AKA we have no coverage so we have to bash the 2 bigger companies)  Charges this a little different but its all the same.

t mobile is offering first 2 lines at 50 bucks then 30 for each of the other lines.

each company is going to do something different.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

9 years ago

@lizdance40

It shows how much you know about T-Mobile. You don't even know enough about AT&T that you keep blaming customers for AT&T mistakes.

I switched to T-Mobile for 4 lines $100 2.5GB EACH

NOW I just switched to 4 Lines $120 10 GB EACH.

So where you come up with $100 + 30 + 30 is beyond ME!! Must be another AT&T "SCARE" tack tick to keep customers UNAWARE of other providers.

Oh and BAD network?? DONT KNOCK IT until you TRIED IT!!

I THOUGHT THE SAME WAY, UNTIL I GOT THE NERVE TO TRY T-MOBILE. AND BELIEVE ME.....BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER DONE!!!

I now save $60 per month and have more DATA!

My monthly bill right now $175 a month for 4 lines 10GB EACH

AT&T would have been over $240 sharing 10GB

EASY DECISION!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@erickrenzo1229

I did try tmobiles horrible coverage in IL...  white = no coverage and gray = EDGE

tmobile purposly removed my town from the map because of all the complaints.

You dont see holes in the coverage with att and verizon like you do with tmobile.  Actually sprint has better coverage here.

As for your 120 for 4 lines that is a promo that ends in sept 8th and was not the original prices they had for the promo.

tmobile coverage.JPG

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.