Need help understanding your bill?
bobsmith9000's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 21st, 2014 2:48 AM

Mobile Share Value Plans Questions and Discussion

Beware.. The $160 per month plan for 4 smart phones with ATT is pretty shadey. They don't tell you that you are required to pay for 4 smart phones at full retail price. Maybe that small detail is buried somewhere in the fine print when the adds on TV play, but make sure you know exactly what you are paying for before jumping onto this.... It's very, very tricky. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

@dallas07

No, that ws 18 pages ago...
I was responding to today's post.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

Unfortunately, you don't see this when upgrading in the store where a
representative is entering the data. You are at the mercy of the
representative informing you or at least giving you the option to decide.
I was not given the option, nor informed until my next bill (which was
received outside the return period). Very deceptive.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I agree, bobsmith9000, if presented with the options at the time of upgrade, as a savvy consumer, I could have considered my options and chosen a solution that I was happy with. However having been completely mislead by the representative handling my upgrade when I was informed there would be 'no change to my contract/tariff' as opposed to 'you will lose your $25 per line discount' I sm a VERY disgruntled and unhappy customer.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

9 years ago

That is the PROBLEM with AT&T Wireless these days.  They have made SO MUCH money and are SO BIG, that they DON'T CARE about their customers anymore.  I don't think they TRAIN their staff well anymore.  I KNOW, because I call and go to stores often and I am AMAZED at the wrong information they give.

SO AMAZED at AT&T's change that VERIZON BEATS their PRICES!!!!!!  VERIZON!!!!

I chose AT&T over 14 years ago because VERIZON was TOO EXPENSIVE.

Now the tables have turned, and AT&T seems to be the GREEDIEST...and WORSE because their customer reps don't tell you the REAL DEAL.  You have to do your own homework.

WAKE UP PEOPLE....it's a NEW AT&T. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

The phones are mine. I'm not paying for any of the phones. I just asking is there are difference because I was told that all I would pay before taxes is 140.00 after taxes it should be around 149.00.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

9 years ago

Your latest comment was confusing based on what my bill and customer support is saying. Its like two different stories. 

You have a LOT of negativity from consumers over this but AT&T's response seems to be to blame them for not readingthe fine print instead of really addressing their concerns.

I suggest you read what Hallmark (another "old" company) did when they had customer service issues:

http://socialmedia.org/blog/camille-lauer-hallmark-used-social-listening-turn-around-negative-word-mouth/

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

ATnT shady, "NO" 😱

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

This is ridiculous,
This pricing and purchasing plan has been around for over a year and a quarter now.
The ala' carte pricing for line, data and phones is used by all carriers.
All customers need to get used to it....you have to pay for your phone.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I recently upgraded my wife’s phone to the I6 plus. I was told that the plan that I have did get the $25.00 per line per month discount and that the discount would cover the charges for the phone and my bill would remain the same. (See chat log) Att sales person.: AT&T Next 24 will be the best way to upgrade the line as you will be able to receive a $25.00 credit from the regular cost of the line which is $40.00, that $25.00 credit will cover most of the monthly charges of the device. Me: so what will it cost every month Att sales person.: Are you planning to get the iPhone 6 Plus 16GB? Me: yes Att sales person.: The device will be $25.00/mo with AT&T Next 24 meaning that the $25.00 credit will cover the charges so your monthly bill will remain the same. As you can see the sales agent clearly stated that the bill would not increase . I spoke with ATT and they basically said i could return the phone. This was one of the Christmas gifts i got for my wife. She loves the phone. I do not know about anyone else but my wife would not like me taking her phone and sending it back. I would expect ATT to stand behind what their sales person said instead I am stuck paying the difference for the term of the contract. I promise that as each line reaches the end of the contract term i will not renew that line. When all 5 lines are out of contract i will not be a ATT customer any more. I am also a uverse customer. I will cancel that ASAP so here is what a customer of 10 years is taking away, Estimated because the bill is never the same. Mobile phone plan $6720.00 --- Uverse $6,000.00 So when i can get out of my existing contract i will leave AT&T they will loose $12,720.00 over the standard 2 year contracts. I know that that is penny's to a large company like AT&T but that is all i can do. It is that I do not give a {Inappropriate content removed} about my customers that AT&T now has that has adopted that really gets me PO

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

I understand your pain... the sales rep. at Target assured me that my
monthly bill would not change and even called ATT and got a rep. I was very
concerned about that... enough that I told the rep. I did not want to
upgrade if it changed ANYTHING. She assured me it would not (I would just
have the activation fee - although it was an existing phone upgrade) and a
2 yr contract. This was also a gift for my husband for Father's Day. When
I got my first bill, it was beyond the 10 day return period and of course,
it had gone up and I lost the credit. After numerous frustrating calls to
customer service (and even a manager that was very rude and hung up on me),
I vowed to get rid of my phones and home internet as well. I am still
looking at other options for 5 phone lines, 2 of which are in another state
for my elderly parents). Just wanted to say I understand and
unfortunately, it is all a big scam and you'll probably never get anyone at
ATT that will help you. We are stuck... but only for a short while. I
have been a customer for about 12 years (cell phones and internet).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.