Need help understanding your bill?
bobsmith9000's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 21st, 2014 2:48 AM

Mobile Share Value Plans Questions and Discussion

Beware.. The $160 per month plan for 4 smart phones with ATT is pretty shadey. They don't tell you that you are required to pay for 4 smart phones at full retail price. Maybe that small detail is buried somewhere in the fine print when the adds on TV play, but make sure you know exactly what you are paying for before jumping onto this.... It's very, very tricky. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I must say that after being wit a company for 10 years, it's a shame of what AT&T has come to! We started a family mobile share plan and had 2 phone upgrades. So of the 3 phone lines, 2 of them were used to upgrade to a newer version of the iPhone. When we went to the AT&T store we specifically asked before signing any papers to make sure the plan would stay the same and the prices would stay the same. The customer services rep assured us numerous times the only thing that will be different is a better phone, no added charges. Well come the next month, our bill was raised $50 because the $25/line discount we had before was and is now removed from our plan. No changes to minutes/data or anything. This is beyond frustrating as the company hires people who lie to get you I make a purchase. Had we know our bill would go up +$600/yr we would never, ever have upgraded our phones. That's not what was important. Trust and loyalty is what is important and ATT has helped in no way to fix this. Even talking with a Jessica Gomez supervisor she had absolutely no sympathy nor was she even polite when we spoke. This is disgusting! We even said that we wanted out of this contract and she said it would cost over $750 to break it!!!!!! I have never felt more betrayed by a company in my life. I hope no one else gets fooled by their awful ploy to buy their upgraded phones!!!!!!!! Sham on you AT&T. Or shame on myself for trusting a company for over 19 years. I can not wait to be out of this contract and signed with a better, more reliable phone company!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I upgraded my iPhone to the 5s. I was NEVER told that I would lose my mobile share discount by using the 2 year contract commitment rather than the Next installment rip off. I don't want to pay almost $800 for a phone! 

Why do they penalize me for agreeing to a commitment? 

I was never told of a choice anyway. I only find out as I just mreceived my new bill. Of course the 14 day return is over. 

My other complaint is that when I shanged to a mobile share paln I was told I had to go to the 10GB shared data. (This was months ago) I find out today that I can have as little as I want. We don't use 4GB a month, why have I been paying for 10. I wasn't told!

If I could, I'd switch carriers now. 

I've been a customer since the 90's.

Very unhappy. I used to be happy.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I don't know why my post was moved to this thread. I certainly don't think it was "solved"! Moving it is just rude on top of the felling I have for AT&T right now. 

How in the world is this "solved"?

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

They also removed the ability to give kudos to comments like yours!

This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential and/or proprietary to DaySpring Cards. If you feel you've received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Yeah they duped us in to an upgrade lying about price

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm so glad to see that I am not the only one disappointed in this new Next Installment thing. It is absolutely ridiculous! My son saved his money for a new phone and rather than being able to buy it with a 2 year contract which will result in a loss for Mobile Share Value discounts if you choose this option, you pay the Next Installment which is more than the $25 discount, so in the end we LOOSE! You might as well just buy the phone for the No Contract price, you end up paying the same in the end. Guess I should have kept my old plan as well since it would be less at this point if we upgrade all our lines. Spoke to AT&T and voiced my fustration and anger since I have been a customer for 22 Years, they were not helpful, just kept getting the same response over and over, "but with the next installment plan you can get a new phone in only 12 or 18 months and the payments will end". I don't give a crap about getting a new phone sooner! And I never got the answer to my other question in response to their statement, "So if I upgrade after the 12 or 18 months, there are NO MORE installment fees, ever? Even for a new phone?" Just got the same crap repeated over and over. UGH! Had to vent! So fustrating!

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

Att wasnt clear i called in she said when I was on the phone with her i would save money if i changed plans she said it includes unlimited minutes unlimited text and 10gb data shared, when i wanted to go back to the old plan they said no. She didn't explain that i wouldn't be able to or how it would work. Or any details of the plan. Of what I was losing.

Voyager

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

We too suffered the same with AT&T.  I called on 8/5 and moved to the Mobile Share Plan after discussing with various AT&T reps.  The last rep I spoke with, "Cliff", was well aware that I would be upgrading my iPhone to a Samsung.  Matter of fact, we went over the differences between the Note and Galaxy 5.  The phone I selected was out of stock online so he told me to check back on Thursday as that is when the online store restocks.  He was also aware that my husband would be changing his basic phone to my daughter's old HTC One; thereby increasing our lines to 4 phones with data plans.  After going over step by step what the costs would be, I took the plunge and switched to Mobile Share giving up the unlimited data plan on my phone.  We were paying $20 (2 GB) and $30 (3 GB)/month for data on the other 2 phones with data on our plan.  Overall, the Mobile Share Plan would save us $45 month and allow us to add data to my husband's line.  Nothing was ever mentioned to me about losing the $25/month discount if I upgraded.  Cliff was well aware of the phone and 2 year commitment pricing I was interested in.  And he was aware of our intention for my husband's phone.  I only found out about the loss in discount when we went to activate my husband's SIM card for the HTC.  Even though we brought our own device, our $45/month savings would have gone down to $20/month had we kept the plan.  When I quizzed them about me upgrading, I was then told that my phone would no longer have the $25/month discount.  With the loss of these two discounts, our bill increased by $5/month compared to our old plan.  My daughters tend to upgrade so our $5/month upcharge could potentially increase to $55/month from our old plan.  I filed a case and was advised that they would get me my old unlimited data plan back.  Anya, the supervisor, offered to give us the $20/month 2 GB plan for my husband's phone.  Within a week, I noticed that our plan had changed back (no courtesy email from AT&T as promised) but my husband's phone did not have the data plan added as offered by Anya.  When I contacted AT&T via chat, I was told that there was no mention of it in the case and the manager said she would not be able to offer me this plan.  After 20 years of loyalty, I am thoroughly disappointed in AT&T and how we have been treated.  As I mentioned to this last manager, I am not asking for the moon.  I was only asking for what one of AT&T's employees (a supervisor no less) offered me.  We are already researching other cell phone providers based on this experience.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

AT&T - Lying no good schmucks!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

it amazes me that people think a phone costs 200 dollars.  the 25 discount is if you bring your own phone pay out right or the next plan.

The reason you lose your discount on a contract upgrade is they have to make the money back from the substudie of the phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.