For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
bobsmith9000's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 21st, 2014 2:48 AM

Mobile Share Value Plans Questions and Discussion

Beware.. The $160 per month plan for 4 smart phones with ATT is pretty shadey. They don't tell you that you are required to pay for 4 smart phones at full retail price. Maybe that small detail is buried somewhere in the fine print when the adds on TV play, but make sure you know exactly what you are paying for before jumping onto this.... It's very, very tricky. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I do understand what out of contract means. The problem is they never tell about this at the store. I was told there was only an upgrade fee of $40 and thats it. They even asked if I wanted to keep my plan the same. The last few times I have been in for something my plan was changed without mentioning any change was being made. I always had to call in and have changed back once I received my bill always with the excuse that the plan I had was no longer available. If they had told me that plan was no longer available at the store then fine. Not sure if problem is at the store level for not saying anything or higher ups making the changes after the fact.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Monopoly at its worst. They control the market and even the "open" forums. Every time I see the commercial my stomach churns! Greed greed and more greed, thanks for "solving" the issue by telling me to switch carriers, that's some genuine customer service. Keep drinking that company kool aid geeky boy!

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

T-Mobile - GOOD

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T - BAD

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

MSV is actually a great deal. Everyone's bills with 4 phone on traditional plans would be 239.99 and phones would cost 199 a piece plus 40 upgrade fee. Now it's 260 and you just pay sales tax for a new phone up front and no fees. Plus the added bonus of getting a new phone quicker if you want. What's not to like? So take the iPhone 5s traditional up front with fees 959.96 MSV and NEXT up front 237.98 "it's $20 more a month!" You might say even if you go the entire agreement "24 months" that's $480 comes to $717.98 total cost after 2 years thats 241.98 savings. What's your complaint?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Ps I've done the math for all carriers wanna save $20? Switch to t-mobile and have awful service in most places.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Awhile back an employee told me if I switch to the Mobile Share plan (I had 3 IPhones) it would save me money each month. I checked it out and I did switch. That employee as well as others at a later time told me I could also add a line and I could have a total of four lines for $160 per month. I'm sure you have all seen their commercial as well that says; " Have up to four lines with AT&T Mobile Share for $160 a month. ". Once again I doubled checked with employee since I wanted to add another IPhone for my mother. I was told I could do this and her line would be the same as the other two extras on my account. Those two only pay $19.13 a month each. So I got my mom a new iphone and she dropped hers off my uncles plan because hers was costing more than that for a regular phone, not a smart phone. We made this change on July 2nd. I received my bill yesterday which was almost $300. $40 was activation fee that I was not told about and when I added the other two, I did not have to pay for activation. And the bill also said that her phone would be $40 per month with of course all the other extra charges which will put it around $50 or more. I called ATT. I was told that other price did not apply when adding a new phone line. I explained I was never told this when I explained to their employees what I wanted to do. Also I brought up the TV commercial that says up to four lines for $160 a month with Mobile Share and it doesn't say only with lines you already have. The supervisor said the commercial does say this in the small print. I was furious then. Like I said to him, "You don't have enough time to read the small print on a commercial". He said "Well it's there". Now why would they even run this commercial if not intended to trick people as I was tricked? Think about it, why run that commercial to let people who already have more than one line with them know that they can save money by switching to mobile share. This only causes them to lose money and many businesses would pay the price of a commercial only to allow their customers to pay less money. That is not how businesses operate. They do not have the customer best interest when airing the commercial, but intend on people doing exactly what I did which was get screwed by AT&T. Apparently they only changed this plan to only include lines/phones you already have with them on Feb. 28, 2014. I am so angry. I can't afford the extra cost. My mother cannot afford it either so I will not even tell her about it. We would never had deleted her old account if I would have been told the truth.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I too feel mislead by AT&T. We changed over to the mobile share plan. We have 3 smartphones and 2 basic phones. They promoted the fact that since we were joining in the midst of our contracts we would receive the $25 discount per smart phone on the line. Well, now our contracts are nearing the end. We were planning on upgrading the two basic phones and replacing one of the smartphones that has never worked properly (which customer service has also never taken care of). Imagine my shock when they told me the bill would now be about $330 per month effectiveley doublling our bill. We have been with this provider since the mid 90's, suffered through the changes of the cingular merge and stayed. I was told that for my loyalty I was currently receiving $25 credit per smart phone. That's not loyalty, that was open to anyone changing over. They suggested we buy 2nd hand phones off of ebay. Been there, done that and it was a disaster. We are researching other phone companies now and will be making the move to T-Mobile before our contracts are up. If your contract is nearing completion, I suggest you make a move too. This company does not care about your loyalty.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hello All,

The exact same thing happened to me with the Share plan but I have 10 gig and up to 10 lines.  I asked every question every which way I could think because this seemed too good to be true.  When I converted I saved money.  I didn't go to add a line, I went to upgrade a phone that was failing and outside the 2year commitment.  When I went to get a new phone I was told the discounted price of the line from $40.00 - $25 = $15 per line, would be lost and it would now cost me $40.00 for the line that I already had.

I spent at least 5 hours on the phone with various levels of AT&T staff expressing my unhappiness and then anger.  They kept telling me they were listening to the customer.  I told them they were NOT listening to this customer.

I feel very lied to and cheated.  There is still no resolve for me other than to keep using my failing phone or pay $40.00 per line.

They have offered to reinstate my expensive configuration from before.  That doesn't sound like a good customer focused solution.  

I simply want to upgrade my phone and keep the provided $15.00 a line as promised by AT&T while they converted me.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I’ve had nothing but lies from ATT since I signed up for the Family Share Plan w/ 2GB of data.  I was told my bill would go down to 104 a month, including tax, from 125 by switching over.

I have 2 iPhones and a basic phone with no internet or texting. 

The first month my bill was 158.00.  The person that sold me the plan but the basic phone on a 200mb plan plus a texting plan. I called and they told me they got is straight.  Yeah right!

The next month the bill was 137.00.  The changed the plan around for the basic phone and still got it wrong! 

The next month it looked like they got it right the bill was 104 including tax.

I just got my new statement and the bill is 122.  I call yet again and find out that’s what it was supposed to be originally.  The ^&^*# bill is so tuff to read, but I got it figured out.

I have a corporate discount that takes 15.00 of each iPhone, BUT, I get to pay for the privilege of having the plan.

So it’s 40.00 just to have it, then 40 per smart phone and 20 for the basic phone, minus my discount.  That’s not the way it was sold to me, it’s not the way they advertise it, either.

And as an added plus, I find out I still have a year commitment on the iPhones, but yet I’m eligible for upgrades.

I really want to dump ATT even though I’ve been a customer for over 20 years going back to when they were Bellsouth Mobility.

Well, I’m gonna see which carrier will buy out my contract and I’m gonna switch one way or the other. 

I’m tried of hassling with ATT.  I’m tired of being lied to about phone plans.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.