Need help understanding your bill?
bobsmith9000's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 21st, 2014 2:48 AM

Mobile Share Value Plans Questions and Discussion

Beware.. The $160 per month plan for 4 smart phones with ATT is pretty shadey. They don't tell you that you are required to pay for 4 smart phones at full retail price. Maybe that small detail is buried somewhere in the fine print when the adds on TV play, but make sure you know exactly what you are paying for before jumping onto this.... It's very, very tricky. 

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

No matter what kind of a spin you guys try to put on this, AT&T is losing the consumer's good will and that is a commodity more valuable than phone upgrades.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

Actually, it doesn't help at all. The CSS is emailed to you AFTER the damage is already done and there is no going back. The fact remains that I asked the rep at least a dozen times to make sure the plan was not going to end up costing me more. Every time they assured me that I was getting ALL the facts. Never once did they mention that my per-line price would go to $40 if I upgraded. (I had two phones eligible for upgrade at the time.)

No matter what kind of a spin you guys try to put on this, AT&T is losing the consumer's good will and that is a commodity more valuable than phone upgrades.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

10 years ago

I kept asking the sales rep "What is the gimmick?" and was told over and over again there was no gimmick. That was total bunk. I'm contacting my local TV station in Houston. ATT should be up front with this. It should be very clear. There should be absolutely no surprises when it comes to this $160/month plan.

As for me, we will be migrating away from ATT completely. Uverse included. They are just too dishonest to be giving them my money. 

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

10 years ago

"They are not charging you more. You are just paying more!"

Right. This is deception at its best.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

10 years ago

When I upgraded I asked repeatedly "What is the gimmick?" and I was assured there were no gimmicks. It was just like what I have been used to with ATT for over a decade.

This is a gimmick. It is deception. It is below ATT.

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

10 years ago

@dagootee wrote:

Yes I fell for the same scam!!!!!  ATT is full of crap.  Dishonest advertising and sales people.  I was told 3 phones on a shared data plan for $145.  Because one of the phones was a recently upgraded my shared data plan is actually $170 per month.  Seriously?  I was never told anything about a different price for a recently upgraded phone (which was done before my conversation with ATT about this shared plan) .

When you say that one of your phones was "recently upgraded"--was that done before or after you had (planned to) switch over to MSV?  If before (but after the grace cutoff date for those who were under contract to still qualify for the $25 line discount), then clearly the rep should have told you that one of your lines would not qualify for the $15 line price while going over the MSV pricing as it applies to your account.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

May 13, 2016 is the date i will be dropping AT&T due to poor business practices.

I signed up for the "awesome" value plan, to find out the hard way that as soon as you upgrade one of your phones, the $25 monthly discount is pulled out from under you for that line. What kind of service is that? Beyond pathetic. I've been a loyal customer since the "brick" cell phone, and this is how they treat me.

Looking to see if Sprint or any other carriers are willing to pay for the $773 cancellation charges to switch.

I will also be dropping UVerse, I don't want to support AT&T in any way, shape or form. Shame on you AT&T!!

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

10 years ago

@mdgelfond wrote:

May 13, 2016 is the date i will be dropping AT&T due to poor business practices.

I signed up for the "awesome" value plan, to find out the hard way that as soon as you upgrade one of your phones, the $25 monthly discount is pulled out from under you for that line. What kind of service is that? Beyond pathetic. I've been a loyal customer since the "brick" cell phone, and this is how they treat me.

Looking to see if Sprint or any other carriers are willing to pay for the $773 cancellation charges to switch.

I will also be dropping UVerse, I don't want to support AT&T in any way, shape or form. Shame on you AT&T!!

This is not the value plan persee but the "Next" feature to upgrade your devices.  It sounds great but running the numbers does show that total cost of ownership can be more expensive with this option unless you upgrade frequently.  

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@mdgelfond wrote:

In the terms and conditions, AT&T clearly states, "To keep discounted pricing while upgrading to a new phone, you must purchase via AT&T Next, purchase at full price, or bring your own phone." Should a rep have mentioned this as well. I think so. Does it mean AT&T has bad business practices if they didn't? Nope.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, mdgelfond!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the confusion surrounding the Next upgrade. We would be happy to review your account and explore some alternatives, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.