For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
bobsmith9000's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 21st, 2014 2:48 AM

Mobile Share Value Plans Questions and Discussion

Beware.. The $160 per month plan for 4 smart phones with ATT is pretty shadey. They don't tell you that you are required to pay for 4 smart phones at full retail price. Maybe that small detail is buried somewhere in the fine print when the adds on TV play, but make sure you know exactly what you are paying for before jumping onto this.... It's very, very tricky. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have had nothing but problems since I upgraded my phone and changed my plan to the 10GB plan. I was quoted the 145 a month. Never received that rate. Customer service has been no help. All I get from them is.... There's nothing I can do for you. Attempts to talk to supervisors has been another big deal. First one was unavailable and was suppose to call back within 24hours. Got a call 48hrs later in which I was not able to answer and was left an incorrect call back number. Went online to see if any changes had been made to fix my account. My account looked fixed online and conferred with an online chat representative. Everything looked correct. This month's bill... same issue. This time supervisior was very rude and unhelpful and ended up hanging up on me. I have been with AT&T/Cingular for 10-15 years. Keep being told I am a valued customer but I am unable to get the best rates or deals. Dont feel after so many years of being a customer I'm getting treated any differently then a new customer. AT&T should value their loyal customers that have continued their services thru buyouts/consolidations. At this point I plan on looking into better rates and customer service thru other carriers. I don't feel valued for as long as I have been with AT&T

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@luv4kris wrote:

I have had nothing but problems since I upgraded my phone and changed my plan to the 10GB plan. I was quoted the 145 a month. Never received that rate. Customer service has been no help. All I get from them is.... There's nothing I can do for you. Attempts to talk to supervisors has been another big deal. First one was unavailable and was suppose to call back within 24hours. Got a call 48hrs later in which I was not able to answer and was left an incorrect call back number. Went online to see if any changes had been made to fix my account. My account looked fixed online and conferred with an online chat representative. Everything looked correct. This month's bill... same issue. This time supervisior was very rude and unhelpful and ended up hanging up on me. I have been with AT&T/Cingular for 10-15 years. Keep being told I am a valued customer but I am unable to get the best rates or deals. Dont feel after so many years of being a customer I'm getting treated any differently then a new customer. AT&T should value their loyal customers that have continued their services thru buyouts/consolidations. At this point I plan on looking into better rates and customer service thru other carriers. I don't feel valued for as long as I have been with AT&T

the 15.00 cost of each device on that plan is based on using a phone that is out of contract or purchased though the next plan, if any of the smartphone devices is under contract the cost is 40.00 a month

0_MS_40.PNG

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@T-Boy wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@T-Boy wrote:

You are dreaming if you think the average person can keep a smartphone 4 or 5 years. Lost, broken, stolen, dead battery. etc. Your numbers don't add up. You don't save $50 a month unless there are multiple lines or you had the worse single line plan in America. If you have more than one line wait till one breaks, loses, or has a phone stolen and see how much you save. A new phone will add at least $25 a month to your bill for 26 months. Some might come out but most will not.

Sorry to disapoint you - kept my 3GS until just recently. Still in immaculate condition, no scratches no blemishes, battery atill holding charge. Prior to the 3GS I used a blackberry Pearl.

Why would you disappoint me, I don't care what phone you use. If you want to use a 3GS go ahead and stare at the screen wait for it to function.

boys and their toys, this is a refute to your unsubstantiated comment about upgrades and the time the average person keeps their phone

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@luv4kris wrote:

the 15.00 cost of each device on that plan is based on using a phone that is out of contract or purchased though the next plan, if any of the smartphone devices is under contract the cost is 40.00 a month

0_MS_40.PNG

Unless your upgrade was before the new plans were announced (Feb 3). An exception was made for lines already under contract. Any line with a 2 year contact started since Feb 3 gets the $40 rate. 

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

105 Messages

10 years ago

And AT&T Marketing Engineers created the Next Program because most people keep phones 4 or 5 years. Try to keep up with what is going on around you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have been with AT&T for over 18 years and have 5 lines. I was so tired of paying 280.00 plus a month and finally gave in and called about the family share plan. I asked what was the "catch" or what was the fine print and was told there was no catch or fine print.  I was told it was the best option for us. 175.00 a month for 10Gigs to share and unlimited text and talk. should save me between 50 and 100 a month depending on taxes and insurances. I made sure to make this effective at the beginning of the next billing cycle. Waited a month to get my lower bill only to get a 363.00 bill! i called and was told that the first bill would be higher that 125.00 credits would be applied to my next bill making it only around 50.00. no biggy. i can handle that. Got my phone bill online yesterday it is 283.00! i spent my whole lunch hour on the phone with 3 different people trying to get this straight. i was finally told that because i had upgraded my phone and my sons phone last week that those two lines no longer qualify for the "discount". What discount! i am on a plan not a discount! i have now figured out that the 5 lines for 175.00 is a scam! I gave up unlimited data on one line (had since 2006) only to now have the same freaking bill!  They show each line to be 40.00 a month with a 25.00 a month credit. Making each line 15.00 with the primary line 100.00 plus 40.00 with the 25.00 credit. The two lines we upgraded phones on they show 40.00 a month NO CREDIT. They tell me that by upgrading we no longer qualify for the discount (25.00 credit) so now i am paying 40.00 bucks a line for those two numbers! I am tremendously disappointed in all this. I have called three times and it took the third person to be able to explain it in a way i understand what he was saying, not understand the why of it just what he was saying. It does not matter that no one at AT&T told me that you would not be able to upgrade your phones.  I only upgraded one line as it was eligible for a full upgrade and my sons line i paid full price for the phone as his phone was not eligible but was broke. I even ordered them online thru AT&T. I am so unhappy that after 18 years i am not an AT&T fan anymore! I will seriously consider finding another carrier now.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

well if you get a phone on contract you should pay more.  Sheesh it amazes me people dont read the fine print.  I knew when I swithed to this plan there were no more upgrades.  I just ordered the kids 4 moto g's to replace there crapy Iphone 4s.  those were 129 a peace from motorola.  so it will take 5.2 months to get my money back in savings.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

Thus is one of the examples i spoke about in my other post in which i complained about continuously being lied to by atnt. I was on10gig prior to february. I was told my rates would go down even on contract, i even reminded her i dont qualify because i am on contract and still paying off my phone and she said that doesnt matter, your phone is already paid for. So i said ok i will go up to 15 gigs with my savings. It wasnt until my march 15 payment that i learned i am not eligible for any discount on the 40per month phone charge after all. Yet it plainly says right here that i am!

Scholar

• 

105 Messages

10 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

well if you get a phone on contract you should pay more.  Sheesh it amazes me people dont read the fine print.  I knew when I swithed to this plan there were no more upgrades.  I just ordered the kids 4 moto g's to replace there crapy Iphone 4s.  those were 129 a peace from motorola.  so it will take 5.2 months to get my money back in savings.

It amazes you that people expect an ATT employee to know what they are talking about.  When you ask if I  upgrade my phone is the bill still the same and they tell you it will be the same.  Then you want to go back to the old plan and ATT has instructed its employees to tell you it cannot be done.  What is amazing is how bad this plan was rolled out.  Who trained the ATT employees??  I would say, no one.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

@little birdy wrote:
Thus is one of the examples i spoke about in my other post in which i complained about continuously being lied to by atnt. I was on10gig prior to february. I was told my rates would go down even on contract, i even reminded her i dont qualify because i am on contract and still paying off my phone and she said that doesnt matter, your phone is already paid for. So i said ok i will go up to 15 gigs with my savings. It wasnt until my march 15 payment that i learned i am not eligible for any discount on the 40per month phone charge after all. Yet it plainly says right here that i am!

When did your contract start? If it started before Feb, you should be paying $15, not $40. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.