Need help understanding your bill?
bobsmith9000's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 21st, 2014 2:48 AM

Mobile Share Value Plans Questions and Discussion

Beware.. The $160 per month plan for 4 smart phones with ATT is pretty shadey. They don't tell you that you are required to pay for 4 smart phones at full retail price. Maybe that small detail is buried somewhere in the fine print when the adds on TV play, but make sure you know exactly what you are paying for before jumping onto this.... It's very, very tricky. 

Scholar

• 

105 Messages

10 years ago

@loganic wrote:

@Koapof3 wrote:

i am having a bill issue as well. after chating with a representative i printed the conversation, i was billed for last month's usage along with next months rates. i tried talking to another agent and was told i would be credited over the next two billing cycles. That just does not make any sense to me. ive been a customer since 2000 and it makes no sense to bill me for what i have not used yet then turn around and credit me for it. i understand if i was a new customer. i was told $15 a phone and charged $40.

This is normal

Based on my plan, AT&T sends me the bill for march, in the first week of that month, but my due data is not until the end of the month. If I used more than the plan I paid for in march, then AT&T will add the extra's to my April bill.

You are paying in advance. By the time the due date comes around, it's only a few days until the end of the cycle, so at best, you might be a few days ahead..

-Alex

It is NOT NORMAL for a $15 line to be billed at $40. Help the person with the over billing and tell them where to get it corrected.

Former Employee

• 

82 Messages

10 years ago

Hello!

Sorry to hear you feel you've been misled.

AT&T is very open and clear about the plans and prices and promotions. You added your new line at Walmart. They are an authorized retailer for AT&T. The store rep you spoke to their should have informed you of the price plans and agreements.

On a 10GIG Mobile Share Value plan, it breaks down as follows.

10 Gigs of Data = $100

Each Smartphone with no contract, on a NEXT installment plan = $15 *

Smartphones that have a 2 Year Contract = $40

* Any smart phone that was entered into a 2 year agreement prior to February 1, 2014 qualifies for the $15 Non Contract pricing.

So four smart phones that meet the above criteria qualify for the $160 pricing.

If you added a fourth smartphone and signed a two year contract on it after February 1 of this year, it falls into the $40 price plan.

The reason for this is when you purchase a phone, we'll use an iPhone as an example here, you can get an iPhone 5S for $199.99. The phone retail value is $649.99. AT&T in turn pays the difference for you to get the phone at the 2 year price. After you've completed your contract, the price will return to the $15.

You have a 14 day window where you can return the phone as well with a restocking fee of $35.

Below is a image taken from the commercial which shows the 4 lines for $160 plan. In fine print at the bottom it does state W/ No Annual Contract.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Thanks!

ATT.jpg

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

105 Messages

10 years ago

Same song different verse. The most negative thing about the Mobile Share Plan is not clearly advertised.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

To JMill09. No ATT is not clear and open with their advertising. You said it yourself. In the "fine print of the ad". And look at the grey on grey text. I don't 'feel' mislead, I am mislead. By you and Walmart. Why isn't there clear signage in the store? Why are so many people calling and writing about the same problem? Is ATT so ignorant about the pattern that has developed, or simply blinded by the finicial impact of the false (misleading) advertising? I think it is funny how ATT has thought that they are doing their customers a favor by reduced cost when in fact, all that was done was a shift in cost from the plan to full price phones or pay for the phone in monthly installments. I hope Clark Howard and the like will rip you to shreds soon. ATT deserves what they get from this one

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

it is what it is.  ATT states that you will pay full price when you upgrade.  I was told this when I switched to the new plan.  

It amazes me that people think they should get the 15 a month if you buy a subsidised phone.  That 25 extra covers the cost of the phone.  

What you should have done was buy a used smart phone and add it to the line.  Or better yet the moto g is only 179 bucks or nexus 5 for 350.  

If people want subsidised phones this plan is not for them.  This is for next customers or BYOD people

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@kab716 wrote:

Have you seen the ads on TV about the 4 lines for $160/month.  Seems great, since I was previously paying over $215/ month for 3 phones for ATT's wireless service.  Well I switched to the new Family share plan for the 3 phones that I had and the cost reduced to $145/month.  BUT THEN I decided to add 1 more phone yesterday for my youngest son and guess what.  It is not an additional $15/month, but an additional $40/month.  Bet you didn't see that in all of the advertising still being shown on TV ads to this day...neither did I.  I bought the phone at Walmart because of the reduced pricing on the phone and the replacement plan.  No one there said anything about $40/month either.  Sounds like a Bait and Switch deal going on here!!!  So today I saw on my bill that it did indeed go up an additional $40, so I called about it and had to talk to a "supervisor" to get the whole story and yet no honoring of the advertisement.  I got the "some restrictions apply" speech.  Well doesn't ATT think that this information about that the deal does not apply to new lines added or anything after Feb 2nd should be clearly plastered all over the advertising and in the dealer stores???   Wait, what, oh yeah never mind, they are attempting to sell you something that you are not actually going to get...........  When I asked the "supervisor" that I could not possibly be the only person that is calling about this same issue, then I got silence and upon my response of "give me a break" he responded with " I cannot lie, you are one of many..."  I feel as if I have been betrayed by false advertising and stripped of $25/month extra for as long as I have a contract with ATT.  ATT needs to rethink their advertising methods as I am sure that this is going to get them serious negative attention.  I certainly will not recommend this to anyone that I know who is considering ATT.  I have not always been pleased with ATT, but today I am.  I will say that the 2 persons that I spoke with at ATT were polite and the "supervisor" attempted to pacify me with a $100 credit for the misleading advertising, but I want $600 credit divided into $25 monthly increments applied to my account for the next 24 months.  Once this happens, I will be happy with ATT again and will consider to stay with them after the contract is complete.

[word filter avoidance]

Actually it is disclosed, if you would add the phone utilizing the Next plan it is 15.00, but if you want a subsidized phone it is 40.00

att_value.PNG

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

10 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

Actually it is disclosed, if you would add the phone utilizing the Next plan it is 15.00, but if you want a subsidized phone it is 40.00

att_value.PNG

LOL, your screen shot is the perfect example of it not being disclosed. Sure, it tells you all the cases of when it costs $15, but how much it'll cost on subsidy is nowhere in your example.

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

105 Messages

10 years ago

You are exactly right it does not make it clear.

Its so clear that the AT&T rep told me to buy an Iphone 5c at Target at the substized price of $100 and that line would be $15 per month. Another told me to go back to my old plan and get a substidized phone then change to the Mobile Share Plan and it would be $15 a line. This was after the cut off of Feb 2nd and would not have qualified.  Both given information was wrong.

The plan is so simple the AT&T employees can't give accurate information.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

--- Available with AT&T NextSM or if you purchase your smartphones at full retail price. You’re also eligible if you’re out of annual contract or bring your own device. 

----For plans 10GB or higher, AT&T customers with smartphones on 2-yr agreements as of 2/1/14 are eligible for the $15/mo. rate. For plans 2GB to 6GB, AT&T customers with smartphones on 2-yr agreements as of 3/8/14 are eligible for the $25/mo. rate. If upgrading, must comply with then-current req's to keep discounted smartphone rate.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

last line in my last post says it all

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.