Need help understanding your bill?
bobsmith9000's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 21st, 2014 2:48 AM

Mobile Share Value Plans Questions and Discussion

Beware.. The $160 per month plan for 4 smart phones with ATT is pretty shadey. They don't tell you that you are required to pay for 4 smart phones at full retail price. Maybe that small detail is buried somewhere in the fine print when the adds on TV play, but make sure you know exactly what you are paying for before jumping onto this.... It's very, very tricky. 

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

The phone that has a contract will still be under contract when switched to MSV plan. AT&T is making an exception for users that upgraded prior to the new plans announcement, allowing them to switch to the new plan at $15 per month, even with the contract (Contracts remain on those lines). After this initial change, if a user upgrades with another 2 year contract, the price for that line will be $40, if user buy a phone at no commitment price or with AT&T Next option, their price will remain at $15.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

its still cheaper to buy the phone full retail. The nexus 5 is 349. You save 600 over the 2 years not paying 40. You buy the nexus you still saved 250 bucks a year on one line.

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

10 years ago

The phone that has a contract will still be under contract when switched to MSV plan. AT&T is making an exception for users that upgraded prior to the new plans announcement, allowing them to switch to the new plan at $15 per month, even with the contract (Contracts remain on those lines). After this initial change, if a user upgrades with another 2 year contract, the price for that line will be $40, if user buy a phone at no commitment price or with AT&T Next option, their price will remain at $15.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dmitry, do you still stand by that statement?  Many users that are still under contract and have switched to the mobile share plan report being billed $40 per line not $15.

Scholar

• 

105 Messages

10 years ago

@dave.m2bits wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dmitry, do you still stand by that statement?  Many users that are still under contract and have switched to the mobile share plan report being billed $40 per line not $15.

I would like to know if anyone with authority at AT&T stands behind this statement and will actually help someone that is still getting the run around from the customer reps. Dmitry are you out there and why is this happening to customers with contracts before Feb 2, 2014.

Guru

• 

294 Messages

10 years ago

@T-Boy wrote:

@dave.m2bits wrote:

I would like to know if anyone with authority at AT&T stands behind this statement and will actually help someone that is still getting the run around from the customer reps. Dmitry are you out there and why is this happening to customers with contracts before Feb 2, 2014.

I can vouch that i'm getting the 15 dollar pricing for all 6 of my lines under contract. 

Scholar

• 

105 Messages

10 years ago

Good for you. Now, how would you feel if all of your phone lines were being charged at $40 per line and AT&T wants you to pay the bill and see what happens in a couple billing cycles.

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

10 years ago

I can vouch that i'm getting the 15 dollar pricing for all 6 of my lines under contract.

ujmnz,

Thanks for the information.  Now I know it is possible.  I'll just have to wait for the end of my billing cycle on the 18th.

Scholar

• 

105 Messages

10 years ago

@dave.m2bits wrote:

ujmnz,

Thanks for the information.  Now I know it is possible.  I'll just have to wait for the end of my billing cycle on the 18th.

I'm with you. Hopefully, all the people that brought phones into the AT&T MSV plan that they purchased before Feb 2 will be billed at $15 per line as promised. I can understand errors when switching plans but I can't understand the reluctance to correct them. It appears the Chat Line is almost worthless to get a credit issued for over billing.

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

There's no need for someone to vouch for that

per FAQ on the website ( http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=z4QshJBCPjS )

What are the benefits for existing customers under a two year service agreement prior to February 2, 2014?

All existing 2 year agreement customers (i.e. FamilyTalk, Nation, original Mobile Share or Mobile Share Value) prior to February 2, 2014, who are on or migrate to a Mobile Share Value 10GB or higher rate plan are also eligible for the $15 per month rate. Customers who choose to upgrade at the end of their current agreement are required to sign-up for AT&T NEXTSM, bring their own device or purchase a phone at full retail price in order to keep this discounted pricing.

Guru

• 

294 Messages

10 years ago

@loganic wrote:

There's no need for someone to vouch for that

per FAQ on the website ( http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=z4QshJBCPjS )

What are the benefits for existing customers under a two year service agreement prior to February 2, 2014?

All existing 2 year agreement customers (i.e. FamilyTalk, Nation, original Mobile Share or Mobile Share Value) prior to February 2, 2014, who are on or migrate to a Mobile Share Value 10GB or higher rate plan are also eligible for the $15 per month rate. Customers who choose to upgrade at the end of their current agreement are required to sign-up for AT&T NEXTSM, bring their own device or purchase a phone at full retail price in order to keep this discounted pricing.

The issue is that many customers are not getting that pricing. They are being told by customer care that they have to wait 1 or 2 billing cycles when that is incorrect. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.