For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
flowerbuy's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017 10:25 PM

Mobile Insurance Premium

Current Phone Bill increased and when I looked at the bill at it, I realized that my Mobile Insurance Premium went up a $1.  I had not agreed to an increase - nor had I filed any claims. There should not have been any increase.  When I called, the AT&T rep told me it was because, so many people have filed claims, AT&T had to raise the rate!  It is not my issue if someone has filed a claim and it is not acceptable to just incorporate increases without consent. 

I requested to speak to a supervisor and was trasfered to the insurance claim department which was then routed round asking about my insurance claim.  After sitting on hold over 30 minutes, I hung up and decided to just short pay my bill by $1.

I have been an AT&T customer for many years and I usually do not get bent over small amounts, but charges should not allowed to be added when a person has not agreed to them.

Shame on AT&T.....

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

You are not paying ATT for Insurnace. Insurance is provided by Asurion, which is a separate company.  Asurion provides insurance for mobile through all cellular carriers.  

Shorting your bill, will result in a $5 late fee, suspension, and a $40 reconnection fee per line.  

Asurion raised the prices on both premiums and deductibles in September. You should have noticed it then.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

You don't have to agree to the rate increase, you can cancel the insurance. But if you want the coverage, you have to pay. Choosing not to pay the $1 increase is not an option. I'd love to hear what ATT does with you withholding a $1.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@flowerbuy wrote:

it is not acceptable to just incorporate increases without consent.  

My cable, water, gas and electrical companies change prices all the time. I don't usually have a choice in the matter.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.