For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
xichenvt's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, February 13th, 2017 3:03 PM

Missing credit for the iPhone 6 trade in after waiting for 5 months and ten times of online chat

We trade in my wife's iPhone 6 for iPhone 7 on September 18th, in a AT&T store. Everything is OK after the lady checking all details. But until now, after 5 months, nothing shows up in my account. I contacted AT&T through online chat several times. Every time they say everything is OK and the credit will show up in the next billing cycle. But it never shows up. They helped me open a case but after two weeks waiting, nobody contact me and tell me what the solution is. I am very very disappointed about AT&T and their customer service. I cannot give you my iPhone 6 for FREE!!! Anybody has a similar issue? We did that in store and there is no problem of the iPhone 6. It is like new.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am having the exact same issue with two of my IPhone 6s. I have been dealing with this for several months with customer service. I am working with the store directly now. I have my trade in receipts and I keep hearing they qualify for the free promotion but still haven't seen my equipment charge credit. Very disappointed in the service and I have been a wireless customer for over ten years.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Adub517 wrote:
I have been paying for 5 months with no resolution. I finally paused my automatic withdrawal until this is resolved. Overdue bills are not the problem on my account.

They weren't previously, don't make them be the problem now!

We mailed them back in the boxes that the new ones came in which was apparently not the right way, but as I said the salesman told us to do that. I have been told that they have the phones and given tracking and confirmation numbers, and still no credit.

Definetly not the right way, that's to return the product that was shipped to you (if you were canceling the purchase). What kind of paperwork did you include when you sent them back? 

I need a resolution or I will have to take legal action because they stole the phones from us at this point.

It's not like they took them them from you, they got mailed to the wrong spot...

Your terms of service says you need to start with arbitration, so be sure to start there.

I would think anything legal will likely point you to the instructions in writing ( http://att.com/tradeinoffer), so it'll be a hard sell, be patient...

Do you work for AT&T?

No. Do you?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@xichenvt wrote:

Have you ever been back to the AT&T store where you did the trade in? The local store needs to mail your trade-in phone to somewhere for some further test (I was told that when I traded mine). 

They didn't require that you did it in a store, at least not according to the written intructions http://att.com/tradeinoffer

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Psredd wrote:
I am having the exact same issue with two of my IPhone 6s. I have been dealing with this for several months with customer service. I am working with the store directly now. I have my trade in receipts and I keep hearing they qualify for the free promotion but still haven't seen my equipment charge credit. Very disappointed in the service and I have been a wireless customer for over ten years.

We can take a stab at the reason/solution if you want, a few questions before making suggestions (suggestions are generally based on the answers you give):

I see you did two phones, if the answers vary, please give BOTH answers.

1. What model iPhone did you trade in? iPhone 6s
2. Your purchased your iPhone 7 specifically on what date? (or order date)
3. You turned off Find My iPhone?
4. The turned in iPhone was definitely 100% paid off?
5. You purchased the new iPhone on Next? 
6. Have you been late for any of your payments since you purchased?
7. You turned the old iPhone in at the AT&T store or in the mail?
8. What date did you turn in (or mail) the old iPhone?
9. Your receipt for turning it in said $0.00 for the trade in?
10. You removed the 4-digit passcode from the iPhone?
11. What condition was the turned in iPhone?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L @Psredd @Adub517 @da4nik Hi guys, just let you know my case has been resolved and I have received my credits today. The credit traces back to Sep so it is $27.09*6. My case was filed on Feb 3, approved on Feb 11 and the credit was received this morning on Feb 17. And I have to say this is the second time I opened this case. The first round is not successful. 

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

7 years ago

I am happy for you but I have open more than 10 ICU cases and still battling with ATT.

Hopefully AT&T will resolve and fix it soon.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Traded in my phone in September in store. Got confirmation from them that I would recieve the $650.00 credit for trading in a brand new 128gb iPhone 6 (had just got it replaced with Apple Care the previous week). Was told it would take a couple billing cycles to process. I've called 5 times and chatted as well. Every single time they act like they can't find the information, then evntually find it and say it will be on my next bill. It never is. Find my phone was turned off. Everything was wiped and unlocked. I have my phone on the Next plan. The phone was paid off and my account has been in good standing. The last 2 calls have told me I would be contacted in 24-48 hours after my issue was escalated and I've never heard from a single person. At this point it's a stolen phone. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@VenomC wrote:

Traded in my phone in September in store. Got confirmation from them that I would recieve the $650.00 credit for trading in a brand new 128gb iPhone 6 (had just got it replaced with Apple Care the previous week).

Who is THEM, the people in the store or a message from AT&T later?

Was told it would take a couple billing cycles to process. I've called 5 times and chatted as well. Every single time they act like they can't find the information, then evntually find it and say it will be on my next bill. It never is. Find my phone was turned off. Everything was wiped and unlocked. I have my phone on the Next plan. The phone was paid off and my account has been in good standing. The last 2 calls have told me I would be contacted in 24-48 hours after my issue was escalated and I've never heard from a single person. At this point it's a stolen phone. 

• Your purchased your iPhone 7 specifically on what date? (or order date)
  • You purchased the new iPhone on Next? 
  • What date did you turn in (or mail) the old iPhone?
  • Your receipt for turning it in said $0.00 for the trade in?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I am having the same issue.  I traded in my iphone 6 in store back in September 2016 and still do not have my credits. I have my receipts and they've validated and confirmed I am due the credit.  I've lost count of how many times (at least 18) I've contacted AT&T over this and am beyond fed up. I tried online chat, calling customer service, and reaching out to the social media team.  I keep getting nowhere and keep getting the run-around.  Been told time and time again that it would show up on my next bill.  Well here we are 7 billing cycles later and nothing.  They used the "we will open a ticket" excuse in December.  Two weeks later that ticket was closed and supposedly resolved with the same story that it will show on my next bill - well of course as expected it did not.  Then the excuse was oh it takes 1-2 billing cycles to appear on your bill so you have to wait one more bill.  Again I did not believe this and of course I was right - another bill, no credit.  So again this week I've lost countless hours on the phone again only to be getting more run around.  First they tried to tell me I had to contact some third party company who is responsible for the credits - no way - not my problem.  Then a manager got on the phone and swore to me 2 days ago that he would escalate it and have it resolved that day - HA - that was funny because to no surprise - not resolved and no call back until I called twice to find out the status.  Finally got a call back last night only to tell me that they would "open a ticket".  I almost fell off my chair because as I told them we have already gone through this 3 months ago and that did not work.  So now yet again this manager (never get the same one) says he would escalate it and keep me informed of status.  Of course at this point I am at a total loss.  If this is not resolved this week I will be filing a complaint with the FCC and BBB.  Probably won't do much good other then delay the resolution more but I feel like this company does not care about their customers and this whole ordeal is by far the worst I have ever experienced.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Verify the tracking if you mailed your phone. Either USPS or newgistics here.   http://tracking.newgistics.com

Does ATT have record your phone was received?  If yes, then ask why the credits aren't on your account.  Most of the hang up on this promo is missing phone.  If you "find" it they can't deny it's there.  

File BBB or AG compliant if ATT doesn't fix ASAP

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.