For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
mdborg's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, April 29th, 2016 3:46 PM

Misled at AT&T Store

I do enjoy my new AT&T service but I feel I was misled regarding the cost of my monthly bill.  I was told that my bill would be $74 per month.  I even asked this repeatedly to make sure that was what I would be paying.  I knew the first month I would have the one-time fees added and my bill would be significantly larger.  My first bill's ammount was exactly what was quoted to me.  Now I have received my first monthly bill and it is $81 per month.  I can see that it is because there are taxes added but I was assured that my total monthly payment would be $74.

I am displeased with the service I received at the AT&T store.  Not only did they lie to me about my monthly payment amount, they also told me I could not use my employer discount for accessories in the store and I could only purchase online with the discount.  I later found out from another employee at the same store that this was not the case.  This involved me making an additional trip to the store and issues with my online purchase which caused a half an hour visit at the store just to buy a case for my new phone.  On top of that they employee said they could not help me with transferring my data from my old phone to the new phone.  With all the improvements AT&T is trying to make with their store and customer satisfaction, I find this unacceptable.

The bottom line is, I was lied to twice during my first trip.  I could have made one trip and had everything I needed but was inconvenienced by misinformation on top having to pay a higher monthly payment than I had budgeted.  Now I'm locked in for two years.  I hope AT&T will work with their employees to make it very clear what the payment will be and make them knowledgeable enough to know what services they can offer in-store.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Sure just watch TV and the new AT&T commercials. It says sign up for a "new." account and get unlimited data and text.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Razgrav wrote:
Sure just watch TV and the new AT&T commercials. It says sign up for a "new." account and get unlimited data and text.

You actually have to choose the unlimited account when you sign up.  Just like many businesses, AT&T has more than the one product than the commercial that you watched.

You can't watch a pickup commercial and go to the dealership and buy a compact car and complain you can't haul everything you saw them haul in the commercial. You have to buy the correct product.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

On 12/21/17, I took my 19 year old daughter to the AT&T store located at 10651 E. Garden Drive, #101, Aurora, CO 80012. When we arrived, we were greeted by Michael Lagreca. The reason for our trip was to get an upgrade on my daughter's phone since she had just dropped it and the screen had lines in it. Michael set us up with the upgrade and then proceeded to tell us about a promotion on the Apple Watch. He told us that since we were such good customers and had been paying our bills on time, she could get the watch and wouldn't be billed for it for 3 months. As you could imagine, that sounded like a great deal and Christmas gift for her and I even made the comment that we could pay it off in 3 months with no problem. He also said that the cost for the watch, under the Next Installment Plan, would be $33/month. We walked out of the store also purchasing 2 Gear4 iPhone 7/8 Plus Piccadilly Rose Gold cases and 2 Gadget Guards for iPhone Plus Black Ice + Sapphire Screen Protectors. I spent $255.32 that day. Now, to our surprise, my daughter had a bill of over $300. She contacted customer care and they were able to get her bill down to $180. We are definitely happy about that, considering she is a college student.

I just wanted to make you aware of the false advertisement and missing information that Mr. Lagreca communicated to us. I do not think that this should go unnoticed and he should be made aware of this feedback. Please treat all customers the same and don't seek out to just make AT&T the money by lieing to their customers. Full disclosure up front, even if the sales person doesn't feel like it. It is better than to face a potential dispute and receive this kind of negative feedback attached to your name.

Thank you,

Mari Washington

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@mwash70

The Havana store on Garden drive is not owned by ATT.  Authorized resellers should know the promotions.  The Apple Watch promotion was during its launch.

80C06A8B-A1CB-4A39-9714-68367900D33B.png

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.