For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
AMZ7181's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 11th, 2018 8:51 PM

Closed

Misleading info and charges re Passport plans

Before going abroad recently I looked into different phone plan options, including the AT&T Passport plans. I called AT&T representatives on two different days with some questions about how the Passport plans work, including to ask whether I'd be charged the $0.35 per minute calling rate if I was called by a family member's phone that's also on my AT&T account. Both times I was told such calls would be free because both numbers are on the same account and are domestic, and would be treated as a regular domestic call. But when I got my bill I had $40 in calling charges from my family member calling me. I complained to a manager at AT&T billing and they refused to give a credit even while acknowledging that their reps aren't experts on the Passport plans and may have given misleading information. I'm wondering if there's a good way to get this resolved - any department or avenue to contact?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Unbelievable, I don't know how any customer service rep could get that wrong but they sure did. All calls you make while roaming internationally pay the international roaming rate. The only international plan that would have not charged is the $10 daily plan as that plan includes all usage. The only thing I can suggest is to contact @ATTMobilityCare via private message but to be honest, $40 in call charges is nothing. Some customers rack up $1000's of dollars in international charges.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I'll try that, thanks.

I acknowledge it's not a lot of money but I'm more upset on principle, that I would be given the same misleading info by two reps and then when I call to complain they refuse to give a credit for such a small amount of money. It suggests they either don't believe me or don't care that their sales reps give misleading information. Not a good way to handle customer service.

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I have had this same problem, I ordered 2 sim cards on the 7th of December 2020, but having to wait till December 12th to get them I was still charged for service starting the 7th. Then when I complained about this the rep got nasty with me and hung up.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

@pete48654 You have posted on a 3 year old totally unrelated thread. Please start your own thread, this one will be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.