Need help understanding your bill?
Braxton502's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Friday, August 17th, 2012 6:41 AM

Military

I leave for army basic training next month(September) and I can't have my phone until a certain part starts in Dec. What is the best way to do this. I was planning on suspending my phone until I was able to use it again but it says monthly charges still apply.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

@Braxton502 wrote:
I leave for army basic training next month(September) and I can't have my phone until a certain part starts in Dec. What is the best way to do this. I was planning on suspending my phone until I was able to use it again but it says monthly charges still apply.

Welcome @Braxton502  and thank you for your service!  The following solution has additional information on the process..

Cancel and hold service options for U.S. military deployment

Regards,

Alex

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have a similar problem. Leaving in August so if anybody could help, I'd be grateful.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I too need to know about this.  I have my son's Iphone on my account.  He is going into boot camp for the Marines on August 19th (for a total of 13 weeks).  Same thing, they do not allow cell phones.  He asked me not to cancel it, as he likes his cell number, however to pay for that service for that long, when he can't even use it....

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

11 years ago

Welcome trusthim, and thank you for your post.

Please take a look at the article here. There are some pretty strict requirements that must be met in order to do a military cancellation (preserves the phone number). May be a good idea to look into a possibility of minimizing the cost of his line by removing additional features instead, that way you can hold on to the line for as low as $10 per month if you have a family plan.

Dmitriy.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.