For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Wednesday, October 16th, 2013 6:49 PM

Military discount

I had recently called AT&T to pay my wireless bill and spoke with a nice woman who offered me some information: That I could receive a military discount as long as I took my ID into my local AT&T store. I did not need my husband to be present with me.

I thought, "Great!" As he is states away, stationed on active duty away from me.

So, I go into my local AT&T store in Roseville, MI. Explain what I am there to do. Keep in mind, I have been with AT&T for almost six years at this rate. I tell the gentlemen who is helping me I have my ID with me. And, I'm told no. Because the account is in MY name. Now, my husband is active duty, states away and I am LUCKY to see him a few times a year. I have my OWN ID with my OWN DoD number, which, is NOT my husband's ID number, but no. I am not "allowed" to use that??

Really AT&T?? That ID pretty much recognizes me as a member of an active duty serviceman, gives me my own benefits number and everything. But, sacrificing seeing my husband few times a year so he can serve is apparently enough to your company.

Thank you AT&T, for making my decision to LEAVE your company easier. I have called two other phone companies who would have given me that discount with MY ID alone.

Looks like I will be taking my wireless AND U-Verse business elsewhere.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

11 years ago

On most cell phone companies, to get the discount, the account MUST be in the name of the person eligible for the discount.
You are not military, he is. Yes, that gives you some military conveniences, but that is not how the cell phone providers look at it.
I believe that all the other cell phone companies look at it the same way.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.