Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Military Discount

Tutor

Military Discount

Does At&t plan on having a deal similar to T-Mobile for military? I've been an At&t customer for 14 years, but I still pay $280 just for the unlimited plus plan and insurance on 4 lines. I also receive 25% off the price of my plan. My phones are paid off. With T-Mobile I would be saving over $100 and I wouldn't have to pay for Netflix anymore. 

Message 1 of 18
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by davidbk
‎09-26-2018 7:58 AM

ATT already offers a military discount and it is 15%, not 25%. How are you paying $280 for 4 lines? The price for 4 lines on unlimited plus (old plan, not current enhanced) without the military discount should be $185 before taxes and fees. The 15% discount should drop the price another $16.50. Even with insurance, you shouldn’t be paying more than $220.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (3)
Message 2 of 18
Tutor

My 25% discount is from my civilian employer. Looking at my bill it says 

At&t unlimited plus multi line $115

Line 1&2 $20 for access, 8.99 mobile insurance premium, $3.00 mobile protection pack support, taxes and other fees 6.65

Line 3 $20 for access

6.65 taxes and fees

Line 4 $20 for access

Mobile device protection pack 25.97

Multi device protection pack support $9.02

Taxes and fees 6.65

Message 3 of 18
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Paullleor
‎04-30-2018 1:56 PM

The unlimited plus does not get any employer discounts, so you are not getting that 25% discount. You can get the 15% military, though. You are paying quite a bit for that insurance. Line 4 is paying $34 alone, that is crazy high. What are you getting for that much? Personally, I think the insurance is a terrible product and have never bought it myself. Most of the experts here agree. Insurance won't be any cheaper with t-mobile because it is the same insurance provider. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 18
Tutor

The insurance isn't that good in my opinion. Only used it once in the past 2 years. The claim went fine and got my phone replaced with no problem. I had to file another claim a month later and was told I could file it, but my insurance would be cancelled and I wouldn't be eligible to get insurance again for 12 months since I had 2 claims in 1 year. So I just bought a used phone instead. 

Message 5 of 18
Tutor

I forgot to mention i also have directtv. But I don't see any discount on my phone bill. 

Message 6 of 18
ACE - Expert

@Paullleor wrote:

My 25% discount is from my civilian employer. Looking at my bill it says 

At&t unlimited plus multi line $115

Line 1&2 $20 for access, 8.99 mobile insurance premium, $3.00 mobile protection pack support, taxes and other fees 6.65

Line 3 $20 for access

6.65 taxes and fees

Line 4 $20 for access

Mobile device protection pack 25.97

Multi device protection pack support $9.02

Taxes and fees 6.65

your not getting your 17.25 discount for vets or active duty military...  

Message 7 of 18
ACE - Expert

@Paullleor wrote:

I forgot to mention i also have directtv. But I don't see any discount on my phone bill. 

Yep, that's another $15 or $25 discount you should be getting depending on how long you have had the unlimited plus plan. The Directv discount originally started at $25 but was reduced to $15 sometime last year. That discount is not on your phone bill. It would be on your Directv bill.

Message 8 of 18
Tutor

I just looked through my bill again. I didn't notice i wasn't getting my discount. When i changed plans they didn't tell me i would lose my discount. 

Message 9 of 18
ACE - Expert

As I noted earlier, there are no corporate discounts on the unlimited plans. Autopay and military discounts are the only ones available and you can get both.

Message 10 of 18
Tutor

Thanks for your help. I just called them. I was paying too much for insurance. They gave me a promotional discount of $10 per month that I keep as long as I have my plan. I will be stopping by the store to get my military discount started. All together I should save around $50 a month now.

Message 11 of 18
ACE - Expert

@Paullleor wrote:

The insurance isn't that good in my opinion. Only used it once in the past 2 years. The claim went fine and got my phone replaced with no problem. I had to file another claim a month later and was told I could file it, but my insurance would be cancelled and I wouldn't be eligible to get insurance again for 12 months since I had 2 claims in 1 year. So I just bought a used phone instead. 

Then why are you paying for it?

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 12 of 18
Highlighted
Contributor

Ok so based on above you will not be matching t mobile? 

With them our bill would be $75 per month...... or at less than current. Been loyal att for 15 years ... 

Message 13 of 18
Tutor

I ended up switching to T-Mobile. Now I only pay $100 a month and get free Netflix. Directtv is gone next for Hulu live. 

Message 14 of 18
ACE - Sage

@Jansmith101

When T-mobile matches AT&T coverage, then the prices will be equal.  And I suspect it will be T-mobile who will go up, which they have been doing steadily for 4 years.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 15 of 18
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support