Helpful Links

Making account changes over the phone

Teacher

Making account changes over the phone

Should you make account changes over the phone or go over the terms over the phone? Are you the customer protected by exactly what the representative tells you over the phone regarding terms or changes? Is there something documented/recorded or are you bound by only what the representative documents and digs you up for?
Message 1 of 3
ACE - Master

Re: Making account changes over the phone

Gnr0934 wrote:
Should you make account changes over the phone or go over the terms over the phone? Are you the customer protected by exactly what the representative tells you over the phone regarding terms or changes? Is there something documented/recorded or are you bound by only what the representative documents and digs you up for?

You are protected by the offers AT&T has available, nothing else. 

Make account changes online if at all possible to make sure you get correct information. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Making account changes over the phone

I agree.  If a rep makes an error, you are still held to the prices and policies listed online.

I would ask here before anywhere else if I can't  find an answer on the website.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support