For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
jdzlw95's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Monday, August 27th, 2012 6:10 PM

Late payment

I am a member inside a family plan. Our bill is directly paid by our holder. But I suddenly find there are some late payment during the past year. We open the plan with our passport and $500 deposit each person one year ago. We do not have any credit record or SSN. Now here is my question:

1. Will the late payment hurt the credit of each member inside the plan? Or just the holder will be affected?

2. If we change our holder, will the badness to the account for late payment (such of decreasing credit) be cleared for the new holder? (The holder change is caused by the leave of holder, no other reasons here.)

Please help me with these questions. Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

13K Messages

12 years ago

Unfortunately re-occurring late payments will affect the return of the deposit for each line, putting the line in another persons name will release your deposit for each line back to you but you may have to pay a new deposit when the new person takes the account over.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you for your reply. But will these late payment affect my individual credit? I do not have SSN (I showed my passport) and my number works with deposit. Who will be affected (individual credit)? Member or holder or both inside the family plan?

Can we change holder by the transfer of billing responsibility? Will paying of new deposit occur?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

12 years ago

The person who is listed as the account holder, only their credit is affected. It does not affect the credit of the other phone users.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

12 years ago

what is the use of the credit here?

Expert

• 

13K Messages

12 years ago

For most companies it indicates as to how much of a risk the person is to not pay their bill, thus the worse the rating the larger the deposit required so as the company is out the minimum amount of money if that person doesn't pay their bill.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.