For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
dsleffelks's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 10th, 2013 8:52 AM

Closed

Late fee?

If you are 2 days late on your cell phone bill, do they charge a late fee? How much is it? Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My husband and I are usually on time with our payments. We just got married 4 months ago and have been getting a lot of things organized. We became late last month by a couple of days and ask if they can refund the late fee. They said no because they can't go back, "the section is grayed out and cannot give a credit back" ??? First time, I hear that from a company. I hope I find a new internet service provider soon. Making sure my family and friends know.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

In my opinion AT & T has become a lot less customer friendly. I have been a customer for 17 years and I have noticed that they don't care about customer retention only new customers.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I received my bill today (May 26th, 2018) when I went to my mailbox at 3:00 PM.  The bill states that the due date is June 2!!  I live in Idaho and the mailing address for payment is near Chicago.  The only way I can send in a payment and avoid the late fee is to carry the payment to the post office tomorrow.  And, even then, it is possible it will not arrive at AT&T and be processed by June 2.  (In contrast, my CenturyLink bill also arrived today, and its due date is June 7; AMEX and VISA also allow more than 10 days for payment.)  This time pinch is a new development (occurring sometime in the past six months or so).  I believe it is a deliberate effort on the part of AT&T to encourage customers not to use the US mail for billing and payment.  But, whether this is true or not, we have here a policy that is inconsiderate and selfish.  The other customer is quite correct: It is time to look for another cell phone provider.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

There are several options to pay your bill on time: 

• Auto Pay
  • USPS
  • In person
  • Text (cell phone)

More info HERE

Also check with your bank to see if they offer a bill pay feature.  This is what I use with all my bills.  That way I'm not giving a 3rd party my bank info (Autopay).

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

My AT&T statement arrives 10 days after the issue date month after month.  I contacted AT&T to inquire about the delay and was told the statement is posted on the issue date and that the delay is the fault of the post office.  I do not believe this as it normally only takes 3-4 days for a letter to transit the system.

Every day these statements are delayed increases the AT&T late fee revenue stream.  It seams there is a strong incentive  to delay the delivery of these statements as long as possible.

The Fed Up Taxpayer

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

@TheFedUpTaxpayer You replied to a 7 year old thread. Please start your own thread, this one will be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.