Need help understanding your bill?
Jasminemonaw's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, February 5th, 2017 8:47 PM

Late fee Escalation

I called into customer service thinking to get my issue resolved but they are absolutely NO help at all ! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!! The first person I called hung up on me and never called back and then I called in after waiting 20 mins and spoke with another representative and a late fee on my bill ! I always pay my bill a little after my bill due date and never have received a late fee but now there is a charge for it and I explained that to both reps and no one could see why I wasn't and told me nothing can be done about it. Also the guy I last spoke with had a very rude attitude as well and went on to say a Supervisor can't do anything. I have 4 lines with you guys and also have u-verse and I need some resolve to this issues since customer service reps and their supervisors can't do anything.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

5 years ago

In short, Jas, be thankful AT&T is only enforcing the Late Fee now and not for all the past late payments you've made.

From my experience, neither AT&T nor service provider waives any late fees unless there is an extraordinary reason for why it should be waived since those companies have made it clear that if you pay late, you pay a later fee.  Simple as that, and no, employees being rude to you, (I don't side with most people that say agents over the phone are rude right away since I have dealt with customers that needlessly and falsely escalated situations that didn't need to be escalated), does NOT entitle you to having the late fee waived, even more so since you've admitted to everyone that you always pay late.  Why you decided to make an issue out of it now, not for me to speculate but we can guess money has gotten tight recently.

Whatever the case is, you can either try what Liz suggested, or you can better organize your finances so you can avoid having to pay late and thus not have to pay the late fee every month.

Simply put, you're not getting your late fee waived.

*Not an AT&T employee, just a guy with wireless service like everybody else here*

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

1.7 What if I fail to pay my AT&T Bill when it is due?

You agree that for each bill not paid in full by the due date, AT&T may charge and you will pay a late payment fee of $5.

It's in the terms and conditions. If you're past the due date, a late fee may apply. It's not something that is negotiable really. If it never occured in the past that isn't precedent for it to not happen now or in the future. All wireless carriers will charge a late fee if you're paying your bill beyond the due date.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

But your representatives also were rude and hung up on me when I was never rude, yelled or cursed at them.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

But is there an executive person that I can speak with about how they were unprofessional && didn't want to even get me to a supervisor.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Jasminemonaw wrote:
I called into customer service thinking to get my issue resolved but they are absolutely NO help at all ! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!
I always pay my bill a little after my bill due date and never have received a late fee but now there is a charge for it and I explained that to both reps and no one could see why I wasn't and told me nothing can be done about it.

You are ALWAYS pay LATE and it's AT&T that has a problem?!? I don't think they can resolve your issue.

If you're always late you've only gotten a fee once, isn't that good customer service?

As a customer the only thing they want from you is to pay your bill on time, doesn't that make you the WORST CUSTOMER? Is that professional? 

Seems like whenever you have an issue it's not your fault and you want to talk to someone up higher to hold someone lower responsible...  

See your previous post https://forums.att.com/t5/DIRECTV-Account/Executive-Escalation/m-p/4884988#M3390

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

So you don't have a problem paying a late fee you deserve, you just want an apology?

On behalf of this one other customer, I'm sorry you were treated rude and hung up on.  (There is no excuse.  I've only had one rude rep in 3 years)

Please note late payments will be charged $5 and after 4 days or so, ATT also cuts off service and charges $40 per line reconnect fee.  

If the bill date doesn't work for you, ask to have it changed, ATT will prorate a bill and use the date you select.   But paying perpetually late isn't acceptable to any company.  @David606 Didn't include the part where ATT can terminate your service if they believe your ability to pay has changed.

Section 1.2.  https://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement.html#whatHappensIfMyServIsCancelled

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I was recently charged $9.24 as a late fee. I am never late and paid this bill on the date it was due as well. There must have been a delay with AT&T processing my submission on time. It was on a Friday--before a long weekend. It was not processed until Tuesday as a result. No one in customer service has been able or cared to help. The response is "AT&T NEVER waives a late fee no matter what"!! What kind of customer service is that?!!? If I submit a payment on time and they don't process it, how is that my fault? They should say that payments must be processed by due date rather than submitted by due date! I can hardly wait to leave my one year contract. In addition, I never received a refund check for $15 when I switched from DSL to fiber optics but was certainly billed for ALL of the days from when fiber optics was picked up. AND I was told the switch would make my monthly payments $50 as an introductory offer for a year. Instead they care charging me $60 and refuse to do anything about it. Big company ripoff!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

And it seems that the only replies to Jasmine are AT&T employees who are furthering the rude responses to a customer rather than resolving issues with the company!??!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@done/over wrote:

And it seems that the only replies to Jasmine are AT&T employees who are furthering the rude responses to a customer rather than resolving issues with the company!??!

Only one employee responded. And I'm pretty sure with the way they are labeled, they're here on their own time.

Jasmine always pays late, what would you have AT&T do??? 

Her topic wasn't help with rude employees, it was late fee related.

Check out the threads that the original post is more polite as they often get more polite responses.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@done/over

Quoting the TOS is rude now?   

You might want to read it.  It also tells you how to dispute charges if you believe the are wrong.  (Link in post 6).  BTW, don’t work for AT&T.  Not now or ever.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.