Need help understanding your bill?
B17635's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, March 30th, 2019 4:18 PM

Late Fees being charged!!!

I have been with AT&T  for 25 years and Directv  since they started.  I NEVER pay my bill late!  I have to call everytime a late fee hits my bill.  My son is in the same situation.  Today is MARCH 30th, 2019.  I viewed the bill online and it is DATED MARCH 20th … I  still have not received the bill in the mail.  I have to print this out and mail it before I even receive the bill to avoid late fees.  It's ridiculous!  You should mail them ASAP.  You should not be hitting people up $5.75 extra a month for your  inadequacy.  I am seriously considering leaving  AT&T/Directv.  I own AT&T stock and worry that you will make enough customers switch and the value will go down.  It took me months to bundle both accounts because I was going to get a discount.  My bill actually went up!  No discount .  Please explain what is going on with this company.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

They do mail bills as soon as they are generated. They can't mail them any sooner than that. If they are taking too long to get to you, that is the US Mail service. As you have already discovered, your bill is available online as soon as it is generated, there is no reason to wait for the mailed copy. You might want to consider paying electronically, too. Not only would you avoid further late fees, paying by check through the mail is one of the least secure ways to pay. I'm not sure why you were under the impression you would get a discount for combining your wireless and Directv bills, there is no discount I know of. If anything, combining your bills only leads to more issues. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@B17635 said: “ I have to print this out and mail it before I even receive the bill to avoid late fees.“

If you are “printing it out,” you are receiving the bill. I’m not sure what the issue is. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

This has come up a few times.  Realistically if you mail a check, someone has to manually process the check, and you hope they credit the right account.  It’s inefficient and a waste of time and manpower.  Both yours and at&t’s  

It’s 2019, let’s get with it!  Save a tree and assure your bill is paid accurately and on time.  You can still get and file the paper bill if you want.  

Carriers have all shortened the time between when bill is generated and when it’s due.  The standard is 21/22 days, Verizon being the last to conform last year.   

Carriers bill in a way to make sure they get paid for your current cycle, during that cycle. 

https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Account/Ways-to-pay-your-AT-amp-T-Wireless-Bill/m-p/5286873?advanced=false&collapse_discussion=true&filter=location&location=category:attwireless&q=Waysto%20pay%20your%20wireless%20bill&search_type=thread

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I requested paper billing. What is the difference if you print it or I have to log into an account, find the bill and print it here. Somebody is printing it. Now it has to be done twice because AT&T fails to send out the paper bills in a timely manner. My bill is dated 3/20. I was notified by email 6 days after this 3/26 that my bill is ready. I should have had my bill in the mail by 3/26. Tomorrow is 4/1 … maybe it will be here?
I have Verizon for my internet service and get the bill 4 weeks before it is due. That’s a poor excuse.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@B17635 wrote:
I requested paper billing.
Okay, so it will arrive after you pay online.  

What is the difference if you print it or I have to log into an account, find the bill and print it here. Somebody is printing it.
Why?   There is no need to print the bill.  Especially if At&t is mailing a bill.  And to what end?  To remind you to pay the bill?  Not logical.   It’s a waste of time, paper and space.  
I do not print my bill.  

Now it has to be done twice because AT&T fails to send out the paper bills in a timely manner. My bill is dated 3/20.
No, it doesn’t.  
I was notified by email 6 days after this 3/26 that my bill is ready. I should have had my bill in the mail by 3/26. Tomorrow is 4/1 … maybe it will be here?
I have Verizon for my internet service and get the bill 4 weeks before it is due. That’s a poor excuse.
Internet service is not billed or provided the same way.  With internet, they know where you live and you cant move the service.  Internet data is provided in only one location and can be tallied and posted the day after use.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I do not plan on paying online. There is no reason why I should be punished with a monthly $5.75 if I choose not to.
My Verizon also includes my landline (phone in case it’s confusing). Bill from Verizon always states to pay by the 5th of the month so it appears on the bill … otherwise pay by mid-month. I received and paid my bill for April on 3/13. If AT&T can tell me my bill date is 3/20, then mail the bill … I work in accounts payable and know these dates matter a lot! Again, poor excuse.
Thanks for helping me to decide to switch once my contract is up.
AT&T was once the best.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

ATT does mail your bill as soon as it is generated, the same time you get the email notice that the bill is ready, so unless you have proof ATT is mailing your bill late, your problem is the US Postal Service. If that is the case, you will likely have the same issue with Verizon wireless because they follow the same billing dates as ATT. You can’t compare internet service or home phone billing with wireless. The internet/home phone bill gives you more time to pay, it is the same on ATT.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Like I said I have been with AT&T forever. The billing has never been an issue. All of a sudden it has been the case for my family members. The best was when my mom died last year and I tried to close her account. Spent hours talking with someone about closing and refunding the balance. Then I get the notice “We Don’t Refund”. “So sorry”.
I’m sick of the lack of transparency.
I will try my luck with Verizon. Thanks so much.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

I just don’t understand why anyone is reluctant to pay electronically. I hope you realize that everyone you write a check to, including ATT, processes that check electronically. You may not be paying electronically but your bank account is. Good luck with Verizon.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

One of my clients (older lady) insists on using checks for everything.  Her checking account was hacked twice last year.   The bank finally got her set up with electronic payments and the police gave her a safety plan.   The weaknesses are unsecured email,  bills and checks in the mail.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.