For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
kmsprague's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 27th, 2018 6:31 PM

Kim Sprague -New Customer- Deception on switching. Left with huge bill.

I am a new customer, First I like to start by saying, I should have read the feeds on the switcher program instead of listening to the rep becuase I am in a huge mess.  I was paying with verizon on lease 2 new phones 151.00 per month and ATT & T said they could do better and that I had to get upgrade to to Iphone 8 1) was supposed to be free but I am paying a monthly lease on it and no one will assist on that, I did everything they said to do . I had the phone less than 1 year. Took them to The ATT & Store as directed and I got 151.00 a piece for 2 brand new Iphones. Those phones were worth more than 150.00 a piece, I called they said nothing we can do. So I get my first bill 189.00 I called 3 times and they said I have to have some visual Vm for 20.00 on each phone mandatory. I never had that with Verizion.  They refuse to take it off I explained they told me my bill with new phones would only be 131. a month and they would pay off the lease with verizion. which was only 857.00 I thought t was up to 650.00 per line Correct. The switcher progra only gave another 149. and 150. for switching, I still owe verizon 589.00 they did not giive me up to 650.00 per line with brand new phones, They lied to make  a sale, I had to updgrade and not get a free phone like the they said to top it off when the phones came they had the wrong SIM cards in the phones and we had no pnes for 6 days, I am not happy with them. If I know I would be in this mess I would have stayed with Verizon at least they were honest .Cheaper and Not lied to about plans hidden fees Switching it up. My total Verizon bill was 859.00 that was the lease they should have paid that in full in stead I got 350.00 total. So read this before you think your saving money and they will help you becuae they won't

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

6 years ago

Hello and good morning  @kmsprague.

Thank you for reaching out to the Community Forums.  I am sorry about the difficulties with the activation of your new account with us.  Dissatisfaction when expectations are not set with bill, and switcher offers is understandable.  I want to address your concern.

I will be sending you a Private Message to your Forum’s Inbox, so I can review your account.  Please keep an eye for this message.  I appreciate your understanding, and wish you the best.

Richard, AT&T Community Forums

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@kmsprague wrote:

I am a new customer, First I like to start by saying, I should have read the feeds on the switcher program instead of listening to the rep becuase I am in a huge mess. 

Or just read the actual offer. 

I was paying with verizon on lease 2 new phones 151.00 per month and ATT & T said they could do better and that I had to get upgrade to to Iphone 8 1) was supposed to be free but I am paying a monthly lease on it and no one will assist on that, I did everything they said to do .

So you did a BOGO? Keep in mind you will always pay the monthly charge for the free phone (Next is not a lease, lease implies it's not yours, it's your phone and you owe on it), but when the BOGO is working you will also get a credit (in addition to the monthly charge), some people don't notice the credit.

It also takes 2-3 months for the credits to start, and they should credit you for the previous few months when it does.

I had the phone less than 1 year. Took them to The ATT & Store as directed and I got 151.00 a piece for 2 brand new Iphones. Those phones were worth more than 150.00 a piece, I called they said nothing we can do. 

The SWITCH offer is two steps, that is only the first step. The second step is to turn in your bill from Verizon for those phones.  See the offer http://att.com/switch

I called 3 times and they said I have to have some visual Vm for 20.00 on each phone mandatory. I never had that with Verizion.  They refuse to take it off

It's not $20 for the VVM, it's $20 for the line; which includes VVM for free  (it just specifies you're getting the correct type of line). 

It's like getting an "iPhone 16GB Space Grey for $650" it's not $650 for the "space grey", the color is included, it's $650 for the whole thing.

and they would pay off the lease with verizion.

That's not what the Switcher offer is, see http://att.com/switch

They give you money in two parts, in essence, they are supposed to buy the phones from you for what you owe (up to $650 for phones, less for ETFs).

which was only 857.00 I thought t was up to 650.00 per line Correct. The switcher progra only gave another 149. and 150. for switching, I still owe verizon 589.00 they did not giive me up to 650.00 per line with brand new phones,

We'd need to see the final bill to understand the specifics.

It's phone costs OR the ETF, not both if the bill broke it up, AT&T only pays one or the other.

They lied to make  a sale,

Sadly, salespeople do that sometimes. That's why you need to read the offer and get things in writing.

Were you at a corporate store or authorized store. (We can look it up with the address)

to top it off when the phones came they had the wrong SIM cards in the phones and we had no pnes for 6 days, I am not happy with them.

I've never ever seen nor heard of a phone coming with the wrong SIM in them (and I spend a lot of time in the forums).

If I know I would be in this mess I would have stayed with Verizon at least they were honest .Cheaper and Not lied to about plans hidden fees Switching it up. My total Verizon bill was 859.00 that was the lease they should have paid that in full in stead I got 350.00 total. So read this before you think your saving money and they will help you becuae they won't

When I do the math, it looks like you got $601.  $151 each for the phones when you turned them in and then another $299. 

I got 151.00 a piecefor 2 brand new Iphones.

The switcher progra only gave another 149. and 150.

That's how the switcher is supposed to work, it's 2 parts. See http://att.com/switch

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@kmsprague

Neither ATT or Verizon has ever leased phones.  The Device payment plan and Next are a no interest loan.  The BOGO offers reimburse one installment after 3 months.  The line access fee is charged on EVERY device on every carrier on every type of plan.  All of Verizon’s current plans charge a $20 line fee.  The 4 years old More everything plan had $40 line fees.  

Seems to me it would have been a good idea know what you were paying Verizon for so you had a comparison for what ATT was offering.  

@Gary L  Is correct.  You got about $600 for your 2 phones.  If that’s what you owed Verizon on them, you were paid per the offer correctly.  

Read the offer

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/switch-and-save-etf.html

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.