For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
253FF463's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 25th, 2018 2:36 AM

Keep receiving physical bill addressed to someone else

For the past four months, I have received an AT&T bill mailed to my address with someone else's name on it. I am not an AT&T customer. I have never heard of the person that the bills are address to.

Each time, I have written "NOT AT THIS ADDRESS" or "RETURN TO SENDER" on the letter and put it back in the mailbox. This doesn't seem to help. Once I talked to AT&T Support and asked them to stop sending bills to this address. That didn't help either.

How can I stop these bills from being sent to my mailbox?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@253FF463 wrote:

For the past four months, I have received an AT&T bill mailed to my address with someone else's name on it. I am not an AT&T customer. I have never heard of the person that the bills are address to.

Each time, I have written "NOT AT THIS ADDRESS" or "RETURN TO SENDER" on the letter and put it back in the mailbox. This doesn't seem to help. Once I talked to AT&T Support and asked them to stop sending bills to this address. That didn't help either.

How can I stop these bills from being sent to my mailbox?

There's nothing AT&T can do. Their customer said, "Send my bill to XXX," so that's what AT&T will do. Only that customer can have the address updated. 

You can talk to your postmaster and let them know you're getting mail for other people. Unless there's someone to track down the other person though, there might not be anything the USPS can do either. 

Honestly, you've already done more than can be expected of you. Throw the bill in the recycling bin each month and live your life. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I also keep getting online bill to my email address, for someone else.

I am not a at&t customer and live in the UK!

Any advise?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@BobTess unfortunately, the customer has to make the correction, At&t can’t help.  It’s the customer’s responsibility to update or correct their profile information 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

OK, thganks for taking the trouble to reply.

I guess I'll just have to leave the emails in spam.

Bob
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.